Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

MRC48B posted:

my dumb read on eve politics is Dunk was afraid of being an Imperium pet, so instead he goes running the opposite direction and becomes everyone else's whipping boy instead. great move there. A+ leadership.

Has goons ever had entity that anyone would ever consider pets? lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Sickening posted:

TESTagram status?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

ullerrm posted:

The most depressing part of this is how severely they kept BRAVE out of the loop on this. BRAVE was important enough that they were considering widotting a bunch of corps into it, but not important enough to get accurate and timely information about the war, nor important enough to participate in top-level planning.

And Jesus, they really hosed over their members by overcommitting to Querious early. (Really, putting down any kind of infra before Goons were evicted from the entire south was a terrible idea, but doing so in the middle of a war with an unclear end was just yikes and nope.)

Is my memory hazy, but did they not commit to Querious, retreat, then recommit to it a second time?

El Marrow
Jan 21, 2009

Everybody here is just as dead as you.

MRC48B posted:

my dumb read on eve politics is Dunk was afraid of being an Imperium pet, so instead he goes running the opposite direction and becomes everyone else's whipping boy instead. great move there. A+ leadership.

On top of the fact that brave wasn't included in high level decisions in any capacity... allegedly.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sickening posted:

your question has an implied "anyone sensible" in it

the issue is that the places that our enemies marinate in tends not to have those people be the loudest or dominant or existing voices

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

hey, actual (reposted) content

here is brave's post-mortem of the delve invasion: https://pst.klgrth.io/paste/g92cx7ewnsqofrpvxeyodejb

you can tell dunk is trying to be honest here because this is just so loving embarrassing for him

"guys our alliance got utterly wrecked in this war that i sort of got dragged into without realizing, and where nobody ever told me what was happening, and basically sorry you're homeless because im such a moron"

like he has no loving idea how brave even got into the war

gonna have to save this i'm sure it's gonna be handy later

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Sickening posted:

I guess you weren't around for the CFC days eh?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
how'd that viceroy program work out

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Jazzzzz posted:

how'd that viceroy program work out

Better than the PAPI invasion.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
truuuuuuuuuu

that BRAVE pastebin dump -- oof

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

hey, actual (reposted) content

here is brave's post-mortem of the delve invasion: https://pst.klgrth.io/paste/g92cx7ewnsqofrpvxeyodejb

this is so enraging why would he cover for these shitheads after everything that happened. If he had spilled the beans on their retreat as a final "gently caress you" to PGL and Vily id have a lot more respect for his current predicament

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

imagine trying to be a nice guy in null sec

he should tell some people to eat his rear end

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

you can tell dunk is trying to be honest here because this is just so loving embarrassing for him

"guys our alliance got utterly wrecked in this war that i sort of got dragged into without realizing, and where nobody ever told me what was happening, and basically sorry you're homeless because im such a moron"

like he has no loving idea how brave even got into the war

gonna have to save this i'm sure it's gonna be handy later

It comes across as both a “I’m so pathetic don’t punch me” to us, and a “guys I was trying my best” to everyone else.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Sickening posted:

Fatal Ascension, at least initially. FCON, too, maybe? Though my impression was they were higher on the "ally" spectrum than FA was. I could be wrong on both, though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Ynglaur posted:

Fatal Ascension, at least initially. FCON, too, maybe? Though my impression was they were higher on the "ally" spectrum than FA was. I could be wrong on both, though.

FA was wealthier and had more capitals and supers, but it also had Zagdul and he loved to start pointless drama. FCON was usually reliable but had participation issues. I wouldn't necessarily put one over the other in terms of "allyship" as they both had their ups and downs. Politically, Zagdul if anything tended to have more influence in bloc-level decisions by virtue of being loud and good at being a pain in the rear end.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Carth Dookie posted:

Pretty sure I read that the guy who created Pepe is vehemently anti-fash and issues claims against shitheads using it as much as he can.

yeah this is why the frog is actually good

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Can you lick the frog and get high?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Depends

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
all hail the hypnotoad i say

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Kesper North posted:

all hail the hypnotoad i say

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I am certain without actually checking that someone, somewhere has made LSD and put it on a Pepe lickable stamp or paper so yes.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am Really annoyed how much training a rorq needs that only apply to the rorq. The training required for the panic module is an extra gently caress you.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
what if frogs got high when they licked us

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Kesper North posted:

*Joe Rogaine voice* dude that's CRAZY

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Kesper North posted:

That’s how you get gay frogs, silly.

Edit: I’m dumb

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

lol

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

*Joe Rogaine voice* dude that's CRAZY

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014
To be honest, I just don't like the pepe frog.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
As someone who really enjoys Krabswarm and thinks Slavback is a pretty good and cool FC, it's annoying that ~something happened~. Slav was even in a Krabswarm pochven fleet at one point (that I missed), and everything seems fine. The Krabswarm leadership seem very involved in making money for GEWNS, and at a number of points in the war the only reason I could buy ships to be in fleet was because of Krabswarm.

Very disappointed.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Collateral Damage posted:

iirc it was because when incursions appeared in strategically important systems we obviously wanted it cleared out ASAP and the incursion group went ":qq: But our isk farming! :qq:"

Many years on I still distinctly recall trying to inject some sanity into that group:

'don't take all your ridiculously expensive pve chariots down to that querious incursion, that's a warzone right now. okay fine but I'm not coming and this is against advice and at your own risk'
*24 hours later*
'hey directors this is really embarrassing but is there an allied fc down south with a fleet that happens to be idle and is willing to run a bit of cover for an evacuation convoy?'

e: with the benefit of hindsight I think the poor rep stemmed from some very poor people skills in the main guy driving it, but that same guy also didn't get enough credit for stepping up and providing a ton of knowledge on how to deal with incursions that nobody else really had

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 5, 2021

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Collateral Damage posted:

iirc it was because when incursions appeared in strategically important systems we obviously wanted it cleared out ASAP and the incursion group went ":qq: But our isk farming! :qq:"

Incursion squad v1.0 was shut down because they turned into elitist assholes and started making GBS threads on newbies trying to join them and get isk.

Incursion squad v2.0 had some squabble over leadership (like most versions of wormhole squads) and was shot in the face.

The current version of incursion squad has thus far managed to not come to the attention of alliance leadership for any stupid poo poo. I think the current version has been roughly the same since... 2019?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Vily was a common thread in Incursion Squad 1.0. To be fair, though - a lot of newbies just wanted the isk, a lot of them didn't want to learn the patterns you needed to follow to do the sites correctly.

Wookybear
Dec 14, 2016

How does this work?

andromache posted:

Incursion squad v1.0 was shut down because they turned into elitist assholes and started making GBS threads on newbies trying to join them and get isk.

Incursion squad v2.0 had some squabble over leadership (like most versions of wormhole squads) and was shot in the face.

The current version of incursion squad has thus far managed to not come to the attention of alliance leadership for any stupid poo poo. I think the current version has been roughly the same since... 2019?

Free Joe Barbarian.

(please don't)

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I still haven't got an answer for if vily is short for villiam.

We won this war for nothing.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Vily is short for Vernice

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I keep subconsciously mixing it up with Vichy, which is fair because they both tolerate racism.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Foulbrood posted:

This is from many pages ago before all the latest bullshit.

Teach me your ways - I have a cap stuck in Black Rise too!

just been flying a covops and running exploration sites. If i see a wormhole I check it out -- and if it says it can do very large ships go on through. Then scan out wormholes inside that to find any that go to lowsec -- when I find those I've just been sorting by distance to assets and flying back random poo poo from asset safety thats a few jumps out.

Don't forget to bookmark your return hole whenever you go through

Then I found out a random low sp alt I had from a decade ago I'd stashed away 9 billion isk on for some reason as well

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Vily is short for Villain

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ullerrm posted:

The most depressing part of this is how severely they kept BRAVE out of the loop on this. BRAVE was important enough that they were considering widotting a bunch of corps into it, but not important enough to get accurate and timely information about the war, nor important enough to participate in top-level planning.

And Jesus, they really hosed over their members by overcommitting to Querious early. (Really, putting down any kind of infra before Goons were evicted from the entire south was a terrible idea, but doing so in the middle of a war with an unclear end was just yikes and nope.)

I don't think there was really accurate and timely information they could have had, even if they were in the appropriate channels.

Trash Talk Tuesday was a pretty good stomping ground to troll mid-level PAPI FC's into making statements about 'what they're gonna do this week', only to have that not really work out how they wanted- to which, instead of taking any personal ownership for the failure to act, they'd just blame it on adhoc decentralized leadership. How they were so loving confident that they were going to win, I'll never understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Xolve posted:

I don't think there was really accurate and timely information they could have had, even if they were in the appropriate channels.

Trash Talk Tuesday was a pretty good stomping ground to troll mid-level PAPI FC's into making statements about 'what they're gonna do this week', only to have that not really work out how they wanted- to which, instead of taking any personal ownership for the failure to act, they'd just blame it on adhoc decentralized leadership. How they were so loving confident that they were going to win, I'll never understand.

brb taking over BRAVE ALLIANCE in the name of ~wulfpax~ awoooooooooooooo