Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

Hang on just one minute, that's the girl from WC2011: Over the Nexus next to Z-one at the bottom there.

It sure is, I'm still not sure why she got to bear the cross that is the watt archetype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

paradoxGentleman posted:

I find the concept of waifus to be deeply unsettling.

whooooooa there's a shocker. :rolleyes:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aki is a good waifu.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If your waifu isn't JACK ATLAS, then you're doing something wrong with your life.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You plebs are forgetting the greatest waifu of all, Blue-Eyes White Dragon. :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VJeff posted:

You plebs are forgetting the greatest waifu of all, Blue-Eyes White Dragon. :colbert:

It's taken though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If your waifu isn't JACK ATLAS, then you're doing something wrong with your life.

Your waifu can't be THE KING

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Isn't that called an husbando anyway?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

Your waifu can't be THE KING

My waifu can be whoever I want. :colbert:

paradoxGentleman posted:

Isn't that called an husbando anyway?

Husbando's are just a sub-class of waifu's so therefore they are still waifu's.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh hey a YuGiOh thread. :allears: My most shameful secret is that, besides all the dank memes, I still love Yugioh The Abridged Series.

Goddamn the original series was so amazingly goofy and I never realized - we'd organize 5-man sleeping parties just to catch the newest episode on Fox Kids when it aired on Saturdays with my friends, back when we were 10.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Azran posted:

Oh hey a YuGiOh thread. :allears: My most shameful secret is that, besides all the dank memes, I still love Yugioh The Abridged Series.

Goddamn the original series was so amazingly goofy and I never realized - we'd organize 5-man sleeping parties just to catch the newest episode on Fox Kids when it aired on Saturdays with my friends, back when we were 10.

My friend back in 4th grade got the entirety of the manga before duelist kingdom and he let me borrow it. Its genuenlly rad as hell and thats my childhood yugioh memory

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

JamMasterJim posted:

and a 5ds one for episode 65 and onward
http://imgur.com/jpSZBvb

See, I can't agree with that list because it lists 5DS 76 as pointless filler when it's actually the greatest episode of anything Yugioh related.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
75 and 76 are incredibly watchable, yeah. 75 is one of the few purely Aki-related episodes in the season and 76 is a solid Jack episode.

I know the biggest problem with part 2 of 5D's is the, I swear to god, 30 to 40 weeks of absolutely useless garbage filler that does nothing for the plot, but when it's centered around Jack and Aki, it's usually at least watchable.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Aki is a good waifu.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I rebel against any list that suggests Season 3 and 4 of GX were good. Batshit loony yes, but not good. But then again this is from /a/ and /a/ waifu's Yubel so hard and like the fact that GX went grimderp.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Baal posted:

Aki is a good waifu.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Onmi posted:

I rebel against any list that suggests Season 3 and 4 of GX were good. Batshit loony yes, but not good. But then again this is from /a/ and /a/ waifu's Yubel so hard and like the fact that GX went grimderp.

Season 3 had Jim and Jim fuckin' ruled, so fie on you.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Onmi posted:

I don't know, that episode with the zero turn win is hilarious.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

PowerBeard posted:

I don't know, that episode with the zero turn win is hilarious.

That's in season 2.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I just realized something.
How did Reiji know that Crow would defeat Gong? The ninja jobbed on purpose, presumably because Reiji said so, but Gong was not aware of this plan and could have won.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He didn't. Meaning that he either predicted that Gon would lose or that he thinks that Tsukikage could handle whatever he has plans for in the Trash facility alone, and Gon will just be some backup.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That's in season 2.

So it is... Sorry, that whole series seemed to blur together later on.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

PowerBeard posted:

So it is... Sorry, that whole series seemed to blur together later on.

What episode is this?

BirchBeerFloat
Jul 26, 2013
Episode 84.

What happens if I'm remembering right is that one player goes for a FTK (Technically a Two-Turn Kill since he uses a card that lets him skip the first turn so he can go to the Battle Phase and attack directly, but whatever), but his opponent counters him with a nonsensical hand trap that lets you turn other cards in your hand into hand traps and so beats him without actually getting a turn.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

paradoxGentleman posted:

I just realized something.
How did Reiji know that Crow would defeat Gong? The ninja jobbed on purpose, presumably because Reiji said so, but Gong was not aware of this plan and could have won.

I think Reiji knows that his Standard duelists just flat out aren't as strong as the top duelists of the Synchro Dimension.

Gongenzaka coulda won if he'd just attacked Crow without asking him what was wrong, but a part of strength is being able to stomp on the throat without hesitating too. Gongenzaka lost 'cause he wasn't as strong as Crow, which Reiji could probably figure out.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

VJeff posted:

Season 3 had Jim and Jim fuckin' ruled, so fie on you.

Jim did not rule enough to make up for Johan, the Military one and the bad guy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Johan was lame and Amon was a hilarious non-entity, but O'Brien was cool.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Johan is cool and has a fun deck that needs more support. :sigh:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Johan stole a boat once and also decided that showing his rainbow dragon to Jaden was the best way to get the evil drunkness away, so he's cool in my book.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVGYaXLi34s

WORLDS LIVESTREAM HAS STARTED.

EDIT: This HERO player isn't running Miracle Fusion, what the gently caress.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 15, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oooh man another 1-ep duel. I'm being pampered and buttered up to soften a later disappointment aren't I?

Awesome duel but GODDAMNIT I WANT CARDIANS TO BE REAL they are a really cool archetype.
Someone is finally going to get Bottomless'd. Awesome.

I Also think Tony is going to be the 'let's poo poo on the meta players' character

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon

Level 7 EARTH Dragon-Type Ritual Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 2500
This card can be Ritual Summoned by “Odd-Eyes Advent”. You can only use the (1) effect of “Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon” once per turn.
(1) When this card is Special Summoned: You can return all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls to the hand. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect’s activation.
(2) Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects except by paying 500 LP.

Odd-Eyes Advent
Ritual Spell Card
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Dragon-Type Ritual Monster. You can only activate 1 “Odd-Eyes Advent” per turn.
(1) Ritual Summon 1 Dragon-Type Ritual Monster from your hand or Graveyard by Tributing Pendulum Monsters from your hand or side of the field whose combined Levels are equal to or greater than the monster you Ritual Summon. If your opponent controls 2 or more monsters while you control no monsters, you can send “Odd-Eyes” monsters from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard instead of Tributing monsters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ritual Dimension confirmed. :getin:

More importantly does this make Odd-Eyes the first deck type to use all special summoning methods? That's pretty neat, though I don't know if the card will really be all that good.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ritual Dimension confirmed. :getin:

More importantly does this make Odd-Eyes the first deck type to use all special summoning methods? That's pretty neat, though I don't know if the card will really be all that good.

Burning Abyss is a recent archetype that did it but nobody runs Malacoda and Dante Fusion

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zefra, though it has to borrow other archetypes' boss monsters.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

What would you even run it in? There's no space in the typical Odd-Eyes deck. :psyduck:

gently caress it, I'm putting it in a Red-Eyes deck just so I can stack the 500 burns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

V-Jump posted:

The YGO franchise’ 777th episode is coming up, and there are plans to give away huge prizes to 77 people who enter the sweepstakes, such as a complete set of the YGO manga, and a 3DS or a Vita. Also there will be a special opening for Arc-V Episode 73 featuring past protagonists!

That's really neat! The openings with Juudai and Yugi in them during 5D's were a treat, so this should be fun.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

VJeff posted:

That's really neat! The openings with Juudai and Yugi in them during 5D's were a treat, so this should be fun.

Which openings were that? Was it just the opening credits?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They had these really neat little eyecatches at the start of each episode when they were promoting Bonds Beyond Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7poVAOvIBDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nndv7V53YA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA7gGeJtlOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of, this is apparently from the 5d's manga

What the gently caress :psyduck: