Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I didn't get my raid rewards. Did anyone? Saw this morning that it was calculating for 20 mins then nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

I didn't get my raid rewards. Did anyone? Saw this morning that it was calculating for 20 mins then nothing.

I got mine about an hour late...some people reported them as late as 12 hours last time.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
So I have officers from both guilds on my ally list, signed up on the spreadsheet. Not sure how to apply for the guild proper. Guild invite sounds like it's me inviting them to my guild, which is probably why it's greyed out. What should I be looking for?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Leif. posted:

So I have officers from both guilds on my ally list, signed up on the spreadsheet. Not sure how to apply for the guild proper. Guild invite sounds like it's me inviting them to my guild, which is probably why it's greyed out. What should I be looking for?

I haven't joined a guild (IGD leader), so I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can view an ally's guild and request an invite

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
I figured it out, it's not through the Ally menu, it's through the Guild thing when you scroll the main table over to the left. But both guilds are full anyway.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I just got 1000 crystals for the inconvenience

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

I just got 1000 crystals for the inconvenience

Same. Eeeeh that's kinda poo poo.

"Sorry you lost over 30 hours on our time dependent game. Here, have double what we gave the player base for an Hours interruption."

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 30, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Same. Eeeeh that's kinda poo poo.

"Sorry you lost over 30 hours on our time dependent game. Here, have double what we gave the player base for an Hours interruption."

That's thoroughly disappointing. Writing a message to EA_Jesse.

E: We also did get guild compensation -- about 15-20k? Raid started.

Here's my message to Jesse:

Malgrin posted:

Hello,

The compensation arrived today, and we're all a bit disappointed. We feel that 1k crystals is nowhere near the value of our lost time (~30 hours of downtime). Please take into consideration all of what we lost during our downtime. However, we felt our guild currency was properly compensated, so thank you for that.

Login bonus: Some members were unable to login for an entire day, and missed a whole day's login -- This will mean missing out on 8 Trooper shards
Arena Shards/Crystals: I received rewards for top 50, while I normally reach top 5 (frequently 2-3 - this is a loss of over 200 crystals) -- will vary by member
Arena Ladder: Some members now have to do more climbing to catch up
Dailies: Daily activity loss will vary by member -- some missed an entire day's daily activities (I missed about 3-4 -- 24-26 crystals)
Hard Modes: (on average for me) 3 Rey, 1 Ewok Scout, 1 Ewok Elder, 2 Royal Guard, 3 Jedi Consular, 2 CT-5555, 2 FOTP, 2 Poe, various others (IGD, Anakin, etc.) because that night had the Guild challenge for hard modes
Energy refreshes: 180+ free energy (activity refresh).
Standard energy recharge: 150 - 250 Energy lost. Additionally, I always buy the two 50s, and usually two to three 100s -- this is another 480 energy
Cantina Energy: loss of between 30 and 150 cantina energy
Cantina tokens: 200+ tokens lost from lost cantina battles
Shipment refreshes: 4+ (Gear, shards, etc.)
Raid status: We have been unable to continue our first raid, which we left at 50%. We would probably have cleared that by now, which means we are behind other guilds in progression
Galactic War: Several members lost an entire GW run
Challenges: Anywhere from one to two days of challenges lost
Finally, and as guild leader this is probably hardest, I think I've lost 3 guild members. After over a day of downtime, they decided to quit the game. I'm giving them another day or two before I replace them, but I don't think they are coming back.

When you add all of these things up, it comes out to way more than 1k crystals if we were to have bought it from your store (not to mention crystals we didn't get for not completing activities).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 30, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Here's my message to Jesse:

Good letter. To the point and polite - curious to see the response.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Man I already spent two whole cantina bars earlier today. Would it kill them to give us a heads up on poo poo like this. :(

Also I'm really bummed that I've got like two or three days until I hit 77 because I would love some double rewards RG farming right about now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Man I already spent two whole cantina bars earlier today. Would it kill them to give us a heads up on poo poo like this. :(

Also I'm really bummed that I've got like two or three days until I hit 77 because I would love some double rewards RG farming right about now.

While that would be nice, I'm 77, and I can tell you that isn't going to happen. I tried once, and failed once, at the first node in Cantina. I've heard 2 and 3 are even harder. You might not make it to RG's node until 79-80.

My recommendation would be to not even consider doing the new cantina missions until you're 78.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Tomorrow's (after 9:30-10:30 am pacific time) double payout event is GW. Note that these double events may not coincide with guild activities, so i recommend going for the double payouts, we can do guild stuff any time.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Tomorrow's (after 9:30-10:30 am pacific time) double payout event is GW. Note that these double events may not coincide with guild activities, so i recommend going for the double payouts, we can do guild stuff any time.

I endorse this fully.

EA_Jesse posted:

I'll pass along your message to see what else can be done.

Waiting for more disappointment. If we get anything more though, I'll drop it. If not I'll bring it up on reddit.

On further thought, no, unless we are satisfied with our payout, I will try to push back more, but, I think that if they give us another payment, we won't get more. With that in mind, if we aren't satisfied (or they give us nothing), I'll be bringing it up on Reddit -- public shaming can sometimes be put to good use.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 30, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Also, for guild daily activities, the guide at http://www.mathvader.io/guilds/ is pretty good, nice and readable (and has a pretty memorable URL)

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

While that would be nice, I'm 77, and I can tell you that isn't going to happen. I tried once, and failed once, at the first node in Cantina. I've heard 2 and 3 are even harder. You might not make it to RG's node until 79-80.

My recommendation would be to not even consider doing the new cantina missions until you're 78.

Disagree fully. I hit 78 and went 3/3 with a 3* on RG. You don't need to 3* them just win to move on. Doing a 3* is obviously nice but not needed.

Hughlander fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 30, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

Disagree fully. I hit 78 and went 3/3 with a 3* on RG. You don't need to 3* them just win to move on. Doing a 3* is obviously nice but not needed.

Hmm. Team comp? (including stars/gear)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is game still dog poo poo? Game seems like still dog poo poo.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Hmm. Team comp? (including stars/gear)

Phasma lead
Dooku
Dakka
Kylo
FOTP
All 7* gear 8 except Dakka is 6* and borrowed Lum 7* l73

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

Is game still dog poo poo? Game seems like still dog poo poo.

Raids added quite a bit of new content. Protection mixed up the meta quite a bit, although it hosed GW over.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Just checked my notes for guild points and see what loving assholes they are. 2x rewards on cantina when cantina guild points is tomorrow night. Sorry guild 7* RG before bros

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Just checked my notes for guild points and see what loving assholes they are. 2x rewards on cantina when cantina guild points is tomorrow night. Sorry guild 7* RG before bros

Yeah pretty much everyone has said the same thing. The guild points can wait.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Leif. posted:

I figured it out, it's not through the Ally menu, it's through the Guild thing when you scroll the main table over to the left. But both guilds are full anyway.

Still need a guild? I think we are fairly close to having an opening

Hughlander posted:

I am encouraging this. Really the primary thing the guild will miss is the refresh you would've otherwise had -- you'll still get about 10 hours of cantina charging, and you can still refresh the next day. It is really dumb that they didn't either spread these two things out more, or line them up. This makes me concerned they will run a dark double rewards event while you're supposed to be running light for guild, or vice versa.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 1, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Holy poo poo 5's is a drat monster. Even at 5* he just stands there and takes it.

Also drat 1 cantina refresh, a level up and my normal cantina got me 36 lando shards.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Looks like double GW is live. Or, at the very least the Cantina is no longer double rewards.

The game is running super slow for some reason.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So uh, I just did a bunch of rancor damage with my main raid team and as soon as it was done it told me I needed to restart. Now I can't log in and I have no idea if it just ate about 200k raid damage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

So uh, I just did a bunch of rancor damage with my main raid team and as soon as it was done it told me I needed to restart. Now I can't log in and I have no idea if it just ate about 200k raid damage.

Lol I can't log in again....

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Lol I can't log in again....

I managed to get in but the game is running at a hilariously slow pace. 2+ minutes to get into a battle and 2+ to get out.

Ono
Feb 8, 2012

Same, except for doing 200k damage to the Rancor. Got Client Restart after I finished a challenge, on reload stuck on Loading Cantina. Incoming 36 hour lockout.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yup, looks like QGJ just got hit with the same bug that knocked out IGD earlier. How do we get the ball rolling on calling Capital's attention to this again?

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Goddamit who killed the guild again

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jenny Angel posted:

Yup, looks like QGJ just got hit with the same bug that knocked out IGD earlier. How do we get the ball rolling on calling Capital's attention to this again?

Forum thread would be the best idea, but I'd give it 30~ minutes to make sure it is that, and not something else.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Yea same problem here it won't connect after the restart.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
looks like it's a global issue this time, based on forums posts.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh well that's better then. More of an incentive to fix it quickly, and less falling behind for those effected (the only "falling behind" in this case is dependent on what daily objectives you had and hadn't completed before it hit)

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

looks like it's a global issue this time, based on forums posts.

Managed to do a single GW, now it's sitting in the battle just.. doing nothing. With no enemies. But I can still attack thin air. Weeeird. But cool.

Wait, no. I got a formal Error code (3.0). Oh well.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Stuck on loading screen...

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

quote:

CG_Rydiggs:

UPDATE:
Servers ramped up, players should be getting in now.

Hello all!

Our participation levels for the Double Drop days has delayed our server restarts. We're spinning up more servers now.

I'll update here as we move forward.

Thanks for your patience!

CG_RyDiggs

Should be able to get in soon.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

quote:

UPDATE: 10:01
Amazon reported servers failed ramp up. Still working to resolve this.

Thanks for your patience!

CG_RyDiggs

:shittydog:

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
Glad it's not just me.

Did QGJ complete the raid yet? I got one attack off with my only 5*, Chewie, before he got wrecked. I don't remember getting a reward box though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm in now

• Locked thread