Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

My Star Citizen mug arrived :laugh:

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So like 1/3 of the total funding the "game" has accumulated has been spent by one studio over the course of 2 years

I cant see this development going if it wasnt pulling money from somewhere else. If you assume LA, Austin and Germany combined burn though similar numbers as the UK branch, then they'd have to be in serious financial stain. I'm guessing like 3-6 months of full production left in the event of a total collapse of funding with god know how much debt they actually have right now.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

MedicineHut posted:

Actual payable tax credit is only available if the company surrenders a loss (or enhanced loss) as a result in the year. But I see a profit before taxation of 1.29£M in page 7. Something must be eluding me.

I'm not sure at what level (layman or german auditor) to reply but basically the tax credit is a percentage of qualifying expenditure and the accounting profit is irrelevant to that. There's a cheat sheet here with some key facts: http://www.saffery.com/~/media/Files/S/Saffery-Champness/documents/publications/2016/video-games-tax-relief-factsheet-sep-2016.pdf

Rounding the numbers but they had video game tax credits of ~750k for 2014, ~£3m for 2015. The 2015 accounts showed they had an asset of ~£4m in respect of corporation tax.

During 2016 they were due another £3.5m tax games credit. (running total ~£7.5m). The 2016 balance sheet however show an asset of £3.3m in respect of corporation tax.

You can reconcile the 2016 figure. £3.5m tax credit, £200k tax liability, net of £3.3m. They received the amounts for 2014-2015 during 2016 and will presumably receive the amount for 2016 sometime in 2017.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

shrach posted:

I'm not sure at what level (layman or german auditor) to reply but basically the tax credit is a percentage of qualifying expenditure and the accounting profit is irrelevant to that.

All clearer now, friend. Thanks. For some reason I thought the company had to be in the red for that first.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

That one guy was complaining about Derek putting something on Discord being Reddit ban evasion because somebody might post it on Reddit. Doesn't that make the DS subreddit itself ban evasion?

Is Derek banned from Reddit as a whole? Is he just banned from the SC subreddit? Is he banned at all? I don't really know how Reddit bans work.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TradersLuck/status/873532696257064960

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/873506557106978816

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

peter gabriel posted:

:perfect:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

XK posted:

That one guy was complaining about Derek putting something on Discord being Reddit ban evasion because somebody might post it on Reddit. Doesn't that make the DS subreddit itself ban evasion?

Is Derek banned from Reddit as a whole? Is he just banned from the SC subreddit? Is he banned at all? I don't really know how Reddit bans work.

That is hilariously brilliant on so many levels.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

i'm serious gayz

Backers will never know

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

normal

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Star Citizen:

Tank Boy Ken posted:

in the end, there are only tears.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Every time you post here I look at your rap sheet and it makes me chuckle.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

XK posted:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

D_Smart posted:

Wow. So, without ever shipping a game, Erin keeps increasing his pay.

Not shipping is stressful for a guy, you know, and you have to be compensated for that.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

thatguy posted:

getting probated and banned exclusively by ppl that got exiled for being aids ftw

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

thatguy posted:

I still cant believe beet loving doxxed him right there in a probation.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
anyways im glad to know you guys still do really normal things like photoshopping big boobs onto the videogame developer and... *looks at leper colony* doxxing someone in the nintendo switch thread? huh...

thats a new one

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

anyways im glad to know you guys still do really normal things like photoshopping big boobs onto the videogame developer and... *looks at leper colony* doxxing someone in the nintendo switch thread? huh...

thats a new one

You should phone your parents.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Did Ryan Archer get new tits too?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ArfJason posted:

thats a new one

Did they figure out who sent that creepy letter in the Switch thread?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

ArfJason posted:

*looks at leper colony* doxxing someone in the nintendo switch thread? huh...

thats a new one
Link? I didn't see anyone I knew and stopped scrolling when the probations had what seems like the entirety of Atlas Shrugged pasted into them.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MilesK posted:

Did Ryan Archer get new tits too?

Looks like he needs new trousers, those cannot be comfortable for him.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ArfJason posted:

thats a new one

I love how you watch our little dumpster fire like a hawk waiting for something to be offended by
Keep fighting the good fight friend!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

peter gabriel posted:

:laffo:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Ayn Marx posted:

I love how you watch our little dumpster fire like a hawk waiting for something to be offended by
Keep fighting the good fight friend!
I think he just reads the Leper's Colony like a crazy person/Boooooooooooourns. Although either scenario is funny and I'm glad his family is dead.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Updated cockpit allows better view of the blinding strobe light in the center of your screen.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

MilesK posted:

Updated cockpit allows better view of the blinding strobe light in the center of your screen.

As bad as the muzzle flash is, the reflections on the canopy are easily as terrible, if not worse. You don't even need to be firing to have that poo poo obstruct your vision. Those canopy reflections are a nightmare.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MilesK posted:

As Mirficus pointed out a few pages back: backers do not approve.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MilesK posted:

A glorious space piss

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Tippis posted:

As Mirficus pointed out a few pages back: backers do not approve.

Why not? Reverse progress is still technically a form of progress. This is good news.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Reminder: this ellindar guy is Cthulu, the guy who changed his name to GG_CIG_Close_Seeking_Refund during a tantrum for a few weeks on the old rsi site where he used to patrol general chat accusing people of being derek smart and get so notmad he'd literally pm threats of physical violence

e: refactored husskey tax

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

MilesK posted:

Utterly amazing that not one of these rear end in a top hat backers thinks to themselves "you know, why are they 'fixing' what isn't broken BEFORE THEY HAVE FINISHED THE BASIC FUNCTIONALITY OF THE GAME!" The backers who still have money in this abortion of a game deserve everything they are going to get.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

XK posted:

As bad as the muzzle flash is, the reflections on the canopy are easily as terrible, if not worse. You don't even need to be firing to have that poo poo obstruct your vision. Those canopy reflections are a nightmare.

This. The entire concept is retarded because even in TYOWL 2017 there are transparency reflective treatments that can eliminate >99% of a reflecting source, plus the seemingly random application of the reflections are the opposite of fidelity and immersion ffs

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

So Derek needs to start adding "plz repost to reddit" on each of his SC tweets.

I suspect their circular logic will always devise a justification.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

A glorious space piss

http://i.imgur.com/Ltpwu9V.gifv

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

Needs a "?" after 2017.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hobold posted:

Needs a "?" after 2017.

You have to believe commando

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

You have to believe commando

I believe I am disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MilesK posted:

Holy poo poo. The gun has a flash suppressor that redirects the flash right into the cockpit. They took a component that's intended to reduce the distraction to the firer and made it do the exact loving opposite.