Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I mean how hard is it to just get a new social media guy, it’s a buyer’s market. An unpaid intern would do a better job than this clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

pyrotek posted:

Anybody interested in the books: the trade paperback versions of the books are all part of Barnes and Noble's 3 for $30 promotion, which works for more than just three books. It also stacks with the $10 off $60 YAYFALL, so you can get all 7 books for $60 plus tax. That is as good of a deal on them as I've seen, and the books are well worth reading.

Anyone even remotely interested in the world of the Witcher needs to read these books. For me, the perfect setup is to read the 7(+1) books and then go right into Witcher 1. As a continuous story revolving around Geralt, Ciri, etc, it's a pretty great narrative.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

chaosapiant posted:

I think ultimately it's a really minor stupid thing that happens to have majorly understandable blow back and could have been avoided and should now be resolved by firing the guy responsible, or at least a public statement or something. I refuse to believe CDPR is a company of Nazis because some dumbass with internet access was given too much leeway, but until they deal with it they deserve every bit of blowback. I mean, not from me of course, i'll buy everything they put out. But still, I get it.

yeah. i feel like if there were more nazi chud types there, we would have seen alot more hosed up poo poo in the games and on twitter. the worst thing they are guilty of is not having the fortitude to sack this dipshit after 3 gently caress ups.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Thronebreaker is DRM free so it is going to be pretty easy to play it without giving CDPR any money.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I for the life of me can’t figure out why CDPR doesn’t just fire the guy. Even from a self interest standpoint it makes sense. Not only have the tweets been grossly offensive and insensitive, but it’s generating bad publicity and runs the risk of causing good talent to leave or not join the company.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Samuringa posted:

Thronebreaker is DRM free so it is going to be pretty easy to play it without giving CDPR any money.

I'd argue that this approach not only doesn't help the offended party, it also doesn't encourage other developers to take the DRM approach that CDPR does.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

I for the life of me can’t figure out why CDPR doesn’t just fire the guy. Even from a self interest standpoint it makes sense. Not only have the tweets been grossly offensive and insensitive, but it’s generating bad publicity and runs the risk of causing good talent to leave or not join the company.

because outside some gaming forums and twitter. no one cares. they are focusing on poo poo like trump/the conservatives pushing the policies in the first place and their healthcare getting taken away or more likely their own lives/jobs. the dickhead knows he can get away with it because no one outside here and resetera give a poo poo about some dude making a lovely joke.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 23, 2018

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
sorry dudes and dudettes i know the social media manager of this company wants you dead & the company wont do anything about it but cyberpunk looks sick as gently caress and im physicall incapable of not paying a shitload of money for collectible cards

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So in this timeline we should see Geralts hansa right?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

sorry dudes and dudettes i know the social media manager of this company wants you dead & the company wont do anything about it but cyberpunk looks sick as gently caress and im physicall incapable of not paying a shitload of money for collectible cards

Where "wants you dead" stands for "used a Twitter hashtag not in its original context", but do go on, I love the hyperboles

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I see we're ignoring the dude's history of transphobia and politics in general in an attempt to justify supporting it. Good move my dude.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
He was a sweet and tender hooligan...

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

I see we're ignoring the dude's history of transphobia and politics in general in an attempt to justify supporting it. Good move my dude.

Ok, that took some googling, but it looks like "history of transphobia" stands for "Tweeted "Did you just assume their gender?!" once", and "politics in general" probably for "Tweeted a screenshot from Postal 2 on GOG account". Literally a heinous twitter war criminal, eating babies for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pyromancer posted:

Ok, that took some googling, but it looks like "history of transphobia" stands for "Tweeted "Did you just assume their gender?!" once", and "politics in general" probably for "Tweeted a screenshot from Postal 2 on GOG account". Literally a heinous twitter war criminal, eating babies for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

he also wrote some article about the Doom thing and i guess he leans chud in personal politics too. i think the dude is a poo poo and shouldnt be the social media dude but i don;t think everyone at CDPR is an evil nazi. GOG social media dipshit however,can suck my dick and i am glad people are calling their poo poo out.
https://twitter.com/PushinUpRoses/status/1054511880037957632

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Pyromancer posted:

real talk what do you think the end goal of transphobia is? just to make trans people feel bad?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

It was called Cyberpunk 2020 and poo poo like this tweet makes me goddamned furious.

I checked and the game I was referring to was Burn:Cycle for the CDi. That doesn't preclude it also being available in the Cyberpunk 2020 P&P game, though.

I personally think anyone not comfortable with trans people has no business in cyberpunk, and by trans I mean transhuman and consider a mere sex change to be practically routine procedure, strictly for plebs who have yet to migrate their minds into an infinitely malleable swarm of programmable strange matter. Those who worry about how biology interacts with identity will never fly through the stars free of the tyranny of nuclear matter :colbert:

e: how gender transition is discussed in proper cyberpunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAPDFwHjUf8&t=64s

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 23, 2018

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

real talk what do you think the end goal of transphobia is? just to make trans people feel bad?

Transphobia is an attitude and not something with an end goal. Even assuming it's really transphobia and not just plain old tone-deafness on that dude's part it's still not a big deal - the tweets didn't directly insult, threaten or call to violence or discrimination in any way. So no violation of laws or even twitter platform rules happened, reacting to something this minor is probably not worth any effort, not even as small as this forum shitposting I'm doing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Even if it isn't outright attacking transgendered people the language has a normalizing effect which makes actual hate attacks more likely to happen.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A company with international target audience owning themselves in PR while using...one of the official PR tools is beyond incompetent eyerolling. Like, I could maybe understand defending them if somebody dug something up from 10 years ago and made a stink about it or whatever but these guys run a big business and then their PR people dive tonedeaf and unprompted into the shittiest controversies on twitter and they face twitter consequences. Things get officially straightened out and then they happen again because the twitter person is still the same and these accidental fuckups start looking like no coincidences. How many times does this have to repeat to actually stick to CDPR itself?

I don't think this represents the company culture but they exist internationally and obviously care about their sales, they're carefully choosing what they're showing in the media and what they're talking about in interviews and then bam, another twitter situation out of control. Just lol at this happening right before the release a Thronebreaker.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Yeah, put me down as another one who would've gotten Thronebreaker but am now not going to.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Elon musk showed us what dumb tweets can do, just fire the idiot

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I, too, was gonna buy all their games but now it turns out all games on GOG are transphobic. Let's all agree with each other for another 20 pages about this, so this thread can become as good as the Cyberpunk one.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Thank you for doing your part, lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GrossMurpel posted:

I, too, was gonna buy all their games but now it turns out all games on GOG are transphobic. Let's all agree with each other for another 20 pages about this, so this thread can become as good as the Cyberpunk one.

Hell yeah it's gonna own

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

theblackw0lf posted:

It's because the company agrees with everything that guy said.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Game installed, watching intro now. So far looks very good, I like the style of graphics.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Thronebreaker or Witcher 3?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Seriously though, Triss or Yen or Shani?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Y E N

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Omnicarus posted:

On the scale of being decent person
1. Shani, 2. Triss, 3. Yennfer

On the scale of making the best couple with Geralt
1. Yennfer 2. Triss 3. Shani

On the scale of being physically attractive
1. Triss 2. Shani 3. Yennfer

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Omnicarus posted:

Shani has all of the advantages of Triss (red hair) without any of the drawbacks, so there's a clear ordering there.

If I were Geralt I'd go for Shani. But Geralt is a guy who prefers women to kick his rear end from time to time, so Yen is the only choice.

Kinda feel like Lambert make off better than Geralt, though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Thronebreaker or Witcher 3?

id say 3. because its not just a card game with other stuff attached.

Omnicarus posted:

i go triss. yennifer is kinda of an rear end in a top hat but thats also because she is workaholic.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What about Essi Daven?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

DoctorGonzo posted:

What about Essi Daven?

You're a sick freak, you know that?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

alex314 posted:

Game installed, watching intro now. So far looks very good, I like the style of graphics.

Heard the (Polish) writing and VA is good.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Omnicarus posted:

For Geralt? Yen.

In general? Shani.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Triss-choosers probably let the Cat Witcher go free, too

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Lt. Lizard posted:

On the scale of being physically attractive
1. Triss 2. Shani 3. Yennfer

Wrong

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Its actually an objective scientific fact that redheads > brunettes, sorry.

I am willing to accept the option that Shani > Triss, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Lt. Lizard posted:

On the scale of being decent person
1. Shani, 2. Triss, 3. Yennfer

Triss before Yen on that scale?

Seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with you?