Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ricochet also spent the last day putting over elvis he's a drat cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ricochet Was Always Bad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That ain't it, trev.

That ain't it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
MEANWHILE,
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1067136054669598726

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

You can always wrestle PAC, Will.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WWE poisoned the minds and the hearts of like 85% of the UK indies. It's a putrid island filled with cops

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I’m actually keen for this what NXT uk are doing, it’ll mean indie shows will have to book other talent instead of the same few guys over and over again, there’s loving loads of us in the UK right now and this just opens up opportunities.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

SAG would probably be the closest thing to what a wrestler union would look like. Though SAG obviously has a lot more money coming in, unless WWE wrestlers joined this wrestling union, that allows it to help support people who are getting work in the industry but are not at a level where they can survive on it.

How much does a person need to act in a year to become a SAG member? Indie promoters should just shoot short films with all of the talent on a card so everyone can get some health insurance already. There's gotta be some weird carny way the wrestling promoters who care about the health and well-being of wrestlers can figure this out, right?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

PWG needs to book this

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1067014809772847104?s=19

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

3 days of work on a SAG production or a member of one of the smaller actors unions for a year. 3000 dollar initiation fee. It also means that after that you can no longer work non-union productions.

Isn't SAG membership one of the reasons John Morrison takes acting jobs?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The skin on those chickens looks healthier then Cage's skin.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Mick Foley did Chef Boyardee commercials for SAG membership.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Terry Funk used to make a point of heading off every so often to do an acting job regardless of the quality because it kept his SAG membership open which basically covered all of his MANY, MANY, MANY surgeries.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If we can’t get a wrestler union, we should at least get a promotion rating system going. Maybe separate metrics for fans and wrestlers. Would be interesting to see where the divide is.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

glass door shatters

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Oh awesome, she’s using her Twitter for the upcoming 4hw feud nobody wants.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dsriggs posted:

4hw feud nobody wants.

I want the 4hw feud :colbert:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz2k21 posted:

I’m actually keen for this what NXT uk are doing, it’ll mean indie shows will have to book other talent instead of the same few guys over and over again, there’s loving loads of us in the UK right now and this just opens up opportunities.

Aye, people said this about the US indie scene too and it seemed like the only people waiting for opportunities were a 50-year-old man, what appears to be a small child, and David Arquette.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Oh awesome, she’s using her Twitter for the upcoming 4hw feud nobody wants.

I also want the 4hw feud.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

AkumaHokoru posted:

I also want the 4hw feud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have 0 interest in anything WWE related other than Becky talking maximum amount of poo poo. Because I know for a loving fact as soon as I turn that plague ridden abomination on, Becky will job to a banana peel or something because Vince got a wild hair up his rear end about the stock price or something.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

No you don't.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

gentle reminder

https://twitter.com/el_hdh/status/1067018048715018240?s=21
https://twitter.com/el_hdh/status/1067019631683084289?s=21

Kevin Nash: The Smartest Man Alive

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I only want 3/4 of the 3hw feud, mainly because not-Ronda and not-Shayne are both still green as hell and shouldn't get to the main roster for at least another year.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Aye, people said this about the US indie scene too and it seemed like the only people waiting for opportunities were a 50-year-old man, what appears to be a small child, and David Arquette.

to be fair the uk scene has plenty of the first two

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Germansimp posted:

I only want 3/4 of the 3hw feud, mainly because not-Ronda and not-Shayne are both still green as hell and shouldn't get to the main roster for at least another year.

Green is probably being generous. Dave talked about their match they had at the NXT house show he attended and...yeah he couldn't think of anything nice to say about it (and he was one of their bigger advocates). Apparently it got to the point of where the crowd hijacked the match. :v:

Combine that with the fact that both of them looked completely lost for the most part at War Games, and I am starting to think they were put on TV way too early. Or they just don't have the aptitude for wrestling.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 27, 2018

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Yikes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The scoops have mentioned jessica being impressive in her training, while Mary is getting slower and worse every day, somehow, and they are getting pretty scared about it. The wwe doctor said this. "It's about time to start pretty much getting scared"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There's a really easy case to make that wrestlers belong either in SAG or the stunt people's union. Especially since WWE keeps calling their show "weekly episodic television" and giving wrestlers scripts to read.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Meltzer keeps saying Jessamyn at least is a lot better than most people who've trained for five months so the "oh maybe they'll just never be any good and will always suck" thing feels like unnecessary doomsaying. It's definitely still too early to put them on TV but five months is not a very long time.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Lio Rush is already signed tho :confused:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Mesiasaaa/status/1067199631161987078

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m willing to give Marina the benefit of the doubt here since she’s got an 18 month old.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I mean, Scotland in particular is a hotbed of unaffiliated top talent, so we’d be able to fill a lot of gaps in the English indies

like, say, the Kings of Catch and the New Age Kliq in particular are two tag teams who I haven’t seen much of on TV, and they’d slot in perfectly in the midcard of, idk, a random RevPro show

maybe that’s just my biases showing tho, idk

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m willing to give Marina the benefit of the doubt here since she’s got an 18 month old.

Eh. I'll give them a bit more time, but they are still far from ready to be on TV. And they'll likely be getting thrown into matches with Io, Kairi and Dakota over the next few weeks or months. And if they continue to struggle after that, I'm probably going to write them off. Because if Io, Kairi, and Dakota can't drag a good match out of you, then you are probably in trouble.

As for Marina, I feel one area she needs to improve in outside of her wrestling is getting actual ring gear. Her current stuff is really loving bad. I think its just an oversized tanktop with khakis. But she is definitely the weakest of the MMA 4HW right now by a long shot. I could see Jessamyn becoming passable to somewhat decent in the ring, but I can't say the same for Marina right now. Especially if her match two weeks ago is where she is at after 4-6 months of working with some of the top in ring female talent for NXT.

Either way once the MMA 4HW vs WWE 4HW feud is wrapped up, I don't see a very high ceiling for Marina or Jessamyn to be honest. I can see Shayna finding a decent amount of success on the main roster, and Ronda is already finding success. But I cannot say the same for the other half of the MMA 4HW.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I guess the Kliq was more like a trade union where it just replicates the structures it is fighting against and will gently caress over the workers once they reach a certain level of authority for their own gain. (ie HHH)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao Gabe

https://twitter.com/ThisIsChev/status/1067246182727118848

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What does that say?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

What does that say?

Only registered members can see post attachments!