Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/172/my-hero-academia-chapter-330

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Huh jujutsu kaisen certainly has changed up its art style hasn’t it

Seriously though what a broken quirk; I really don’t like the fact shiggys probably going to get it as if he wasn’t overpowered enough

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ha, Star and Strip is literally that little girl Young All Might saved at the start of the first movie. That's sweet, too bad she's probably dead now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Can't be used on Deku though, since he's like 10 people at this point

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

Huh jujutsu kaisen certainly has changed up its art style hasn’t it

Seriously though what a broken quirk; I really don’t like the fact shiggys probably going to get it as if he wasn’t overpowered enough

I'm not even sure how useful it really is for Shigaraki. If it requires you to touch someone in order to use it, Shiggy can already instantly kill people with a touch. Not sure how much he needs this, unless he's only getting this quirk in order to let him steal OfA easier? "New rule, Izuku Midoriya must give me One For All"?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I just hope that captain america doesn't job to shigaraki before she even gets to touch ground because that's just a mega lame way to handle introducing a new character. end in a draw or something please

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wonder if she's going to remove her own quirk to deny AFO it if she jobs.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Rhonne posted:

I'm not even sure how useful it really is for Shigaraki. If it requires you to touch someone in order to use it, Shiggy can already instantly kill people with a touch. Not sure how much he needs this, unless he's only getting this quirk in order to let him steal OfA easier? "New rule, Izuku Midoriya must give me One For All"?

can use it at range by touching the air and going full The Hand, giving him huge boost in mobility. Would also make him much tankier by allowing him to Rule away a lot of potential attacks. Could also theoretically make him invulnerable to Eraserhead by ruling that his quirks can't be supressed. Like shiggys already busted but this would certainly be the icing

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

I just hope that captain america doesn't job to shigaraki before she even gets to touch ground because that's just a mega lame way to handle introducing a new character. end in a draw or something please

Yeah if she is introduced simply as a broken quirk delivery service for the main villain to have as this looks like it would be incredibly lame.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

Rule #1: All for Shiggy is unbeatable.
Rule #2: Izuku Midoriya's Quirk is able to be stolen by All for Shiggy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah this quirk seems like it would instantly solve the problem of not being able to overpower the will of One For All.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Ibblebibble posted:

if she jobs.

:lmao:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm trying to stay positive here!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There is no possible way Stars and Stripes wins this fight, especially now that we've seen how OP her quirk is. It's basically a Stand. That doesn't necessarily mean she's going to die (but she's going to die).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It clearly has limits even if the description seems to fall into no limits fallacy.

For example, she has it set to make herself super strong but it doesn't compare to All Might. Even if she didn't want to overshadow All Might, she could still have made herself slightly below All Might instead.

Most likely the limit is the user's body though so if Shigaraki gains this ability, it should be more powerful

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Her Quirk is literally Colonialism

Hori you dog :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jesus this is so contrived, Horikoshi really wants to end this series as quickly as possible

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Has a power that can rewrite rules on yourself and you only use it for super strength? Really?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Jesus this is so contrived, Horikoshi really wants to end this series as quickly as possible

Yeah not digging it tbh. Think I might wait a few months and see if this is more palatable all put together.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It would have been one thing if Star and her power had been hinted at or foreshadowed but she's introduced and it's immediately "I want her power" and it makes it hard to care about her since now she's just a plot device.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arist posted:

There is no possible way Stars and Stripes wins this fight, especially now that we've seen how OP her quirk is. It's basically a Stand. That doesn't necessarily mean she's going to die (but she's going to die).

It's like a discount Heaven's Door.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

What a way to make me think how cool this char is and likely tragic when they're beaten to going completely "wow this is really asspulled with 0 foreshadowing or setup".

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
it's not like Shiggy needs more villain cred and super powers here, this is just wasting time if she worfs.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I honestly thought she might've had a more interesting power than just literally the same poo poo that lovely villain in Bleach had of just pulling poo poo from nowhere. This is tangentially better but gives me the same taste in my mouth.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Horikoshi has done the "this is going to suck so bad" setup multiple times and every time it ends up being better than expected so by now it's weird how much doomsaying he gets.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’ve always said this series needs Stands

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

+

Waffleman_ posted:

This series is, unfortunately, going the way of Green Naruto. Naruto at least had the decency of being exceedingly stupid which is at least a bit entertaining. This is just rushed. Cool chapter, but why do I care?

lunar detritus posted:

Horikoshi has done the "this is going to suck so bad" setup multiple times and every time it ends up being better than expected so by now it's weird how much doomsaying he gets.

Normally I'd agree with this but I don't like how rushed everything feels. Earlier in the series I'd say it just needs some time but now it seems there's no time at all.

I feel that this series had great potential to avoid common shonen pitfalls (having only the mc matter, forgetting about side characters) but then instead of attempting to fix it they decided to end it instead. I'm not sure how you manage to make an entire class feel like they matter but if you have 20+ characters per side you can't give many of them more than a page every now and then. Much like the end of Toriko I don't think it's going to suck, just that it could've been significantly better if they didn't get the plug pulled on them.

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 15, 2021

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Honestly I kind of feel like this whole arc gets rid of most of the things I actually liked about the manga/show, so I'm alright with rushing it to an end.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Zeron posted:

Honestly I kind of feel like this whole arc gets rid of most of the things I actually liked about the manga/show, so I'm alright with rushing it to an end.

I disagree, because there is a pretty high chance that Mirko will return and kick rear end at least one more time, but yea I don't mind rushing to that part as fast as possible.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I honestly cannot wait for, at the rate we're going, Stars and Stripes to be introduced and killed off in the same episode of the anime.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I, for one, have faith in our gal to bring the W home

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

lunar detritus posted:

Disagree. Most of the time it's just been above average. The entire Dekus Grimdark Era lasted like 10 minutes and the set up and pay off felt incredibly rushed like the author just needed to get this sort of character turn before the end. Much like everything since MVA.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this woman can change the very fabric of reality and her plan was "make the villain hold his breath for a bit"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I really think this comic needs to either slow down a bit or just go straight to whoever climactic battle it's heading towards and giving that the time to resolve it deserves since just shooting though mini arcs makes everything feel rushed and unimportant.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
He just wants to make sure the anime can adapt at least one arc per season even with the filler episodes

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

christmas boots posted:

I’ve always said this series needs Stands

It's clearly a Nen power.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
same difference tbh

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

this woman can change the very fabric of reality and her plan was "make the villain hold his breath for a bit"

the atmosphere being voided on top of someone would definitely do more to a normal person than just make them hold their breath

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

yeah given the vacuum and the laser jets her plan would've worked on literally anyone without absurd regeneration powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

CharlestonJew posted:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the atmosphere being voided on top of someone would definitely do more to a normal person than just make them hold their breath

The most obvious thing being that all of the air your lungs would get sucked out into the vacuum, so you couldn't actually hold your breath. And sudden decompression would have a lot more fun effects too. I don't think that Shiggy was in a vacuum long enough for his eyes to boil or anything, but it would still have hosed a normal person up.