Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Nasgate posted:

The point to pistols is really taking advantage of VATS. Fast crit buildup, low ap cost.

Is the critical accumulation rate of a particular weapon or weapon build ever communicated to the player? I know AP cost is not, I remember running my own weapon building experiments to work out Low-AP builds back when the game was first released.

Do the Crit Rates or AP Costs vary between 10mm versus Laser versus Plasma or does it only matter how the gun is built into a Pistol/Rifle/Auto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Copper Vein posted:

What the hell is VATS sneak? VATS while crouch'n?

I haven't needed critical hits since I can fire my guns as fast as I can click for guaranteed hits. Maybe that's different story at Lvl 83 or whatever but so far so good.

Your hidden state persists through a VATS chain, so with Blitz, Ninja, and maybe Gun Fu you can zip around Nightcrawler-style and put up ridiculous numbers.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Glazius posted:

Your hidden state persists through a VATS chain, so with Blitz, Ninja, and maybe Gun Fu you can zip around Nightcrawler-style and put up ridiculous numbers.

I smoke jet

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Copper Vein posted:

Is the critical accumulation rate of a particular weapon or weapon build ever communicated to the player? I know AP cost is not, I remember running my own weapon building experiments to work out Low-AP builds back when the game was first released.

Do the Crit Rates or AP Costs vary between 10mm versus Laser versus Plasma or does it only matter how the gun is built into a Pistol/Rifle/Auto?

AP costs vary with weapon weight. Crit accumulation is fixed per successful hit, but increases based on Luck and with the Lucky weapon legendary.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

Seconding that Gun Fu is really loving cool.

Glazius posted:

AP costs vary with weapon weight. Crit accumulation is fixed per successful hit, but increases based on Luck and with the Lucky weapon legendary.

I watched some youtube on this. Long barrels increases AP cost, short barrels lowers AP cost. Long light barrels still increase the AP cost more than a short barrel. The lowest stock lowers AP cost. Scopes super increase AP cost, while sights lowers it. And the drop from rifle to pistol lowers AP cost.

If you have the mod to make legendary armor you get get 50-60% vats cost reduction based if you want to wear a helmet. Then you can switch mods at the workbench and test the total before you leave. Max number of shots total is 16, game just cant handle anymore.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 15, 2016

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

I think its just based on weapon weight.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Common Sensei posted:

I think its just based on weapon weight.

These are the links I read about it. Haven't seen anyone post anything about weight.

http://www.carls-fallout-4-guide.com/vats/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTh7mGG51o&t=1723s

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????
It's not weight, and there's AP cost arbitrary penalties and bonuses all over the place.

There's a mod that shows all the hidden stats
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4760/

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That seems really useful other than having to test after changing parts, will get that mod for the dlc.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So I found that full suit of armor on top of the Court 35 building that's guarded by an Assaultron and Sentry on accident. I've read that it's the only place the X-01 will spawn, but when I did it I got the T-51. Is there a way to get it to respawn or somewhere else to find the X-01??

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Joey Freshwater posted:

So I found that full suit of armor on top of the Court 35 building that's guarded by an Assaultron and Sentry on accident. I've read that it's the only place the X-01 will spawn, but when I did it I got the T-51. Is there a way to get it to respawn or somewhere else to find the X-01??

It's definitely not the only play to find the X-01.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Joey Freshwater posted:

There are various places where you will find a suit of "levelled power armour", its just that on top of that building is pretty much guaranteed to be a complete suit. I have about 3 partial suits of X-01 knocking around, but luck of the draw was that they were all missing the arms. when you are high enough level for X-01 to spawn there are other places you can get suits. I think the first X-01 torso + legs I got was in the basement of a cabin in the radioactive sea area whose name has momentarily excaped me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Okay, thanks. I'm trying to do this without looking at walkthroughs or whatever but a friend mentioned that about X-01 and I got worried I wouldn't be able to find a full suit.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Joey Freshwater posted:

You have to be level 27 or 29 (I think it's 29) for the suit to spawn as an X-01.

Me: I've only found a partial other suit of X-01 out there, though I'm no authority ... :corsair:

e:f,b

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
X-01 cant use atom cat paint. Sell it to a vendor its useless.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've got about 3 full suits of x-01 by now. The 35 court set is the easiest to find, but after about level 30 or so, you can find a helmet and a left leg here, a torso there, etc.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tenzarin posted:

X-01 cant use atom cat paint. Sell it to a vendor its useless.

You can paint a cool shark face on it though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Institute paint is the coolest paint in the game and it only goes on x 01

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Joey Freshwater posted:

Okay, thanks. I'm trying to do this without looking at walkthroughs or whatever but a friend mentioned that about X-01 and I got worried I wouldn't be able to find a full suit.

Like someone said you have to be like 29 for it to spawn, also if you were the correct level already and your game was bugged like mine, it only looked like T-51 or whatever but when you actually step in it turns into X-01 from then on.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there a mod that electrocutes my keyboard when I spend more than 5 minutes loving with settlement construction?

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

KDdidit posted:

Is there a mod that electrocutes my keyboard when I spend more than 5 minutes loving with settlement construction?

I built my first settlement at Taffington Boathouse, and completely walled off the perimeter. Even the actual boathouse couldn't be entered from underneath. I left only an underwater opening at the bottom of a wall offshore, meant for both enemies and friends.

From there, it expanded into a deep, winding swim corridor before becoming shallow water and then actual land. I hoped to stall intruders who would be forced to dive, otherwise tread water and face turret fire from the corridor tops. I pictured residents doing a leisurely backpaddle on the way home.

And then... settlers blinking into existence on the roof. Spawn-inside enemy attacks. So many dreams shattered!! And I thought, "why did I murder my time so hard before finding this out??" Oh well, it looked kinda cool.

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 16, 2016

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

KDdidit posted:

If they release a mod for console that ups the settlement limit I'm officially in simsettlement mode. I spent a good 45 minutes trying to position my junk correctly, including trying to drop an umbrella in an umbrella holder, getting a death claw to stand upright by dropping it on something and pray it lands standing up, getting a cigar to rest on an ashtray, and don't get me started on the colored light panels.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Settlements would have been cool beyond words if:

-> They could make money and provide services without having to invest in two ranks of a 6 CHA perk, and then invest a zillion caps.

-> Raiders didn't magically appear in the middle of the settlement.

-> Despite that, raiders actually posed a threat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Or be able to set up your own raider camp to terrorize the surrounding settlements. Man I wish you could take over Libertaria or whatever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
libertaria is without a doubt the coolest settlement type construction in the whole game. loving incredible. there some massive indoor tower type thing in a hospital that's really cool too. the one with the deathclaw at the bottom waiting for your dumb rear end to jump.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Gynovore posted:

Settlements would have been cool beyond words if:

-> They could make money and provide services without having to invest in two ranks of a 6 CHA perk, and then invest a zillion caps.

-> Raiders didn't magically appear in the middle of the settlement.

-> Despite that, raiders actually posed a threat.

Wall don't ever help. If there's around your settlement all your settlers just run out the gate to attack them and the bad guys throw infinity grenades over the walls.

Nothing like the E3 video, lol.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I just collect full sets of heavy combat armor, and go on sneak kill raids to the vault town and Prydwen to get tons of vault suits and gatlings/lasgats. Then I give them to literally every person at the settlements. I need to get really spergy and start collecting hats and stuff that match each settler's occupation.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I know it's a futile hope, but Bethesda is really going to miss an incredible opportunity to have unique Shroud dialogue in this DLC.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Rough Lobster posted:

I just collect full sets of heavy combat armor, and go on sneak kill raids to the vault town and Prydwen to get tons of vault suits and gatlings/lasgats. Then I give them to literally every person at the settlements. I need to get really spergy and start collecting hats and stuff that match each settler's occupation.

I love giving the provisioners clean postman uniforms and hats.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why can't I put a hat on my power armor?! :saddowns:

I was playing last night and my dude was wearing the Minutemen General hat and armor. I jumped in my power armor and the hat clipped through the head of the power armor, sort of making him look like he was wearing it.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MinorRed posted:

That's a lot more customization than I was expecting.

I'm excited about a killbot with a teddy bear head.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I wonder if the stated level 15 minimum is flexible with this DLC or not. Not that it matters with the characters I have, but I had considered starting a new one and jumping into the DLC stuff ASAP.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Wee Bairns posted:

I wonder if the stated level 15 minimum is flexible with this DLC or not. Not that it matters with the characters I have, but I had considered starting a new one and jumping into the DLC stuff ASAP.

I started my second play through and I'm surprised how quickly the levels are flying by. Maybe I'm taking less time reading terminals I've already hit. Either way, lvl 15 doesn't take that long at all.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
When does the survival DLC come out? Thanks!

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I was really disappointed in this game and gave up on it after about ~25 hours.

But I live in the Bangor area, visit Acadia at least a dozen times a year (including the middle of winter), so I'm going to reinstall so hard when Far Harbor comes out. :dance:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What's the general consensus for the flattest settlement? Something other than the Drive In, I've already built there in a different character.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

omg chael crash posted:

What's the general consensus for the flattest settlement? Something other than the Drive In, I've already built there in a different character.

Hangman's Alley, if you can handle the alley part

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

omg chael crash posted:

Learn to use and love concrete foundations! Clip em into the ground then snap everything to them.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

omg chael crash posted:

Finch's farm is pretty flat and if you build up, you have the elevated highways to build on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Barometer posted:

Finch's farm is pretty flat and if you build up, you have the elevated highways to build on.

Greygarden also has an elevated highway. I wasn't sure I could actually use it, but sure enough, you can. I built a sweet underslung cabin attached by a long bridge, with some stairs leading to the top of the thing.

I also just finished clearcutting Spectacle Isle and am in awe of how big that place is.

• Locked thread