Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Give me a weird electronic Yoshi figure and I’ll declare the entire line a massive success, LEGO.

Only if weird electronic Mario can sacrifice him to reach a higher ledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Looking forward to people harvesting those screens and hacking them into builds like the Hulkbuster and the Technic sports cars.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Straight White Shark posted:

i can't believe the lego group would invite bankruptcy by releasing a product that does not appeal to me personally. welp, it was nice while it lasted I guess

This but in response to Time Cruisers and Rock Raiders

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Catching up on the thread...

Nth Doctor posted:

All of my uncles work at Nintendo not Lego, sorry.
The timing of this post :discourse:

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

Yeah it looks like a pseudo dexterity game. You can see that the Piranha Plant is a little see-saw catapult to try and knock it into the pipe. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of thing where you shoot a cannonball or something similar to knock down enemies, or need to go roll a ball along some kind of maze like the wood marble maze set.

e: basically this, but lego:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UphjKeO8M

So this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_xWh34dutM?
I dig it. Could be pretty cool.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The important thing is not that the Mario set is weird, it's that now Zelda Lego is a distinct possibility.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully the Zelda lego game is a bunch of physics puzzles to destroy a guardian.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

The important thing is not that the Mario set is weird, it's that now Zelda Lego is a distinct possibility.

I wish I could agree but if that first Mario set is anything to go by, the series will be a failure and won't get anything else made. :(

At this point, I am hoping that it's just a dumb one-off set and the rest are more in line w/ typical Lego products. If not, it's going to be on clearance racks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
More HP CMFs

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Ooh my wife will be excited. Gonna have to get another stackable case I guess.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

I wish I could agree but if that first Mario set is anything to go by, the series will be a failure and won't get anything else made. :(

At this point, I am hoping that it's just a dumb one-off set and the rest are more in line w/ typical Lego products. If not, it's going to be on clearance racks.
That's not one set. The video has fine text that says that multiple sets are being shown. That's the line, baybeeeee

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

That's not one set. The video has fine text that says that multiple sets are being shown. That's the line, baybeeeee

Double farts.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Why on earth did they make some giant electric duplo monstrosity instead of cool platform stages that could all link together?

It's not anything I'd buy either way, but why did they go for a crap version of a game they already make?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine"

Decided to take a break from super challenging car builds I've been banging my head against to knock out a really fun one! This is The Machine, a car that's as visually ostentatious as its name. While I was working on this and pulling reference pics, I found that it not only has a hood tach I hadn't noticed, but it's built into the scoop. Ha.

1969 Super Stock AMX / 1970 AMC Rebel / 1969 Hurst SC Rambler

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Decided to take a break from super challenging car builds I've been banging my head against to knock out a really fun one! This is The Machine, a car that's as visually ostentatious as its name. While I was working on this and pulling reference pics, I found that it not only has a hood tach I hadn't noticed, but it's built into the scoop. Ha.

Awesome man, super recognisable.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Carbohydrates posted:

That is rad... I’m loving this whole series of vehicles you’re putting together. Once I get a place to city up my modulars, MOC’ing a parking garage and filling it vehicles is gonna be fun.

Would designing an El Camino be anywhere on your radar?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Carbohydrates posted:

Dude, love your stuff!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Just because they have the license doesn't mean they would use the same approach for all Nintendo stuff. It's all up in there air right now, but I'm sure they know the audience for stuff like Zelda or Metroid is a little less broad and older, and a big electric duplo thing would be weird approach.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Calling it now: LEGO Zelda will inexplicably be based on Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and feature bombable dodongos.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Carbohydrates posted:

What time is it going to attempt to jump the Grand Canyon?

(It looks awesome! Great job!)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Thanks for the kind words, all!

OSU_Matthew posted:

Would designing an El Camino be anywhere on your radar?
Shouldn't be difficult. With the Nova, I figured out how to do the angled fascia edges, and with the Challenger I have a better technique for the side-by-side headlights, so... I could!

Davros1 posted:

What time is it going to attempt to jump the Grand Canyon?
I do not catch this reference :(

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They might be mistaking the red white and blue aesthetic of AMC cars for a reference to Evel Knievel.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Another vote for El Camino here!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Carbohydrates posted:

Glorious!

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I’d like to call out the Nissan GTR as my least favorite application of stickers on any set since they went to one piece/one sticker. You can’t build without stickers without it looking funny with black doors. Even if you replaced pieces the hood is printed and would be out of place. The printed roof pieces look terrible since they can’t print to the edge.

To top it all off, the instruction booklet has one of the sticker placements upside down. Compare the piece behind the door on the instruction and box covers:

Honestly, a bit disappointed with my first of the 8 wide speed champions. Even the build felt too reliant on large core pieces. I got the Audi too and really hoping that one is better.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So they put the sticker on upside down in both the picture and in the instructions, then just chose to photoshop it for the cover instead of fixing it? :lol:

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
BAN STICKERS

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Well good news, the GTR is pretty consistently regarded as the worst of the 8-wide wave, so it's only up from here!

Also, fine. I'll make an El Camino. Y'all are lucky I'm enjoying a Social Distancing Weekend; the design is almost done already.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Make a PT cruiser lol

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Koruthaiolos posted:

Honestly, a bit disappointed with my first of the 8 wide speed champions. Even the build felt too reliant on large core pieces. I got the Audi too and really hoping that one is better.

The only thing bad about the S1 is that you'll be mad there isn't a Delta S4.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Carbohydrates posted:

Well good news, the GTR is pretty consistently regarded as the worst of the 8-wide wave, so it's only up from here!

Also, fine. I'll make an El Camino. Y'all are lucky I'm enjoying a Social Distancing Weekend; the design is almost done already.

Hmm, guess I’m in the minority here. I really liked the GT-R (minus the too many stickers). Also the sticker placement is wrong on the front of the instructions but correct in the actual build process. There is another typo midway through that has a piece missing. I think the model itself looks great build-wise. The Audi is cool but also has awful stickers and I hate the way the headlight assemblies look.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I also do not care for the printed hoods for either the GT-R or the Audi. It basically forces you into applying the rest of the stickers when a plainer vehicle might actually look pretty sharp.

I can't seem to produce a satisfactory Lamborghini Countach; the folks who've attempted it have done a better job than I have yet to accomplish. I'll have at it again when I have more time. There are so many real-life cars that would make awesome MOCs. Basically any muscle car for starters, as posted above.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Carbohydrates posted:

My friends, the system works!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Brickmania has a 10% off code right now - EXTEND10

Everything's overpriced, but hey, promo codes from them are rare.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Well friends,

I work in a restaurant. I've been called off work the past two days and I'm only on the schedule 3 times this week. I'm stopping nearly all unnecessary spending, so although I've completed a design for the 1969 Chevrolet El Camino, I won't be ordering it any time soon, I think. I have one other car's parts on the way and I'll probably just be taking a break after that.

In light of this, I'm just gonna post up a render for now. If you guys like it, I can throw down some free instructions tomorrow and someone else can build it instead if you like. Thanks for being so amazing and supportive. It's both inspiring and humbling and I appreciate you guys' support a lot.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 16, 2020

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Well friends,

I work in a restaurant. I've been called off work the past two days and I'm only on the schedule 3 times this week. I'm stopping nearly all unnecessary spending, so although I've completed a design for the 1969 Chevrolet El Camino, I won't be ordering it any time soon, I think. I have one other car's parts on the way and I'll probably just be taking a break after that.

In light of this, I'm just gonna post up a render for now. If you guys like it, I can throw down some free instructions tomorrow and someone else can build it instead if you like. Thanks for being so amazing and supportive. It's both inspiring and humbling and I appreciate you guys' support a lot.

Awesome man, I'd download them.

Might do a slight mod for the late 70s model grill on it.

e: and sorry about your work situation, in a similar position except without the 3 times a week part... :(

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 16, 2020

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Carbohydrates posted:

Well friends,

That sucks man, hopefully this all blows over soon. It’s not much, but I picked up a few of your other instructions and I’d love to chip in a few bucks for that awesome El Camino. Bummed I’m still waiting on a handful of bricks from the UK to start building the tiny house, I really can’t tell you how geeked I am by that set!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

OSU_Matthew posted:

That sucks man, hopefully this all blows over soon.
it's not going to especially in the US. poo poo most restaurants near me are closed down entirely for who knows how long.

at least when quarantining you can get in some good quality building time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Captain Invictus posted:

it's not going to especially in the US. poo poo most restaurants near me are closed down entirely for who knows how long.

at least when quarantining you can get in some good quality building time

Whereabouts in the US are you? We just got home with a shelter in place order over here, though, restaurants are staying open for takeout.