Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah like glenn

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

god,gently caress this libertarian tankie fuckhead. kinda hope putin has snowden killed at some point, just so it can be rubbed in greenwalds face.

evilweasel posted:

i need an answer to this important question: why the gently caress does russia have a crown prosecutor considering that it's been about 99 years since they had the royal family shot

because putin/russian federation love the czars(not even the good ones) and give there goverment more roots.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

This guy's twitter right now hahahaha

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Sensible Thursday posted:

Seth Abramson has been tweeting a lot on this the past day or two, here's a good starting place (read the whole thread):

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/884426481702776833

Thanks that helps.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

This family is already at Faulkner levels of stupid and dysfunctional

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jared Yates Sexton, you've just been timelined.

And also HOLKY gently caress

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
i look at the tweet box

and twitter asks me, quietly

what's happening?

and i sigh

i don't know anymore, twitter

i just

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe
Someone please kill Glenn greenwald

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

What is preventing Trump from going ahead and pardoning his son?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

also thanks for all the explanations re: dumb brit thinking everyone has a monarch

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/finnygo/status/884800982152077313

https://mobile.twitter.com/Carrasquillo/status/884801867766693890

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Major update to megapost, including new pieces on Wilbur Ross & the Bank of Cyprus, Donny Junior's email fiasco, and Cohen's trip to Prague to clean up Manafort's mess. Also a short bit about the Ukraine language being stripped from the RNC platform at Kislyak's request.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Julian Assange is now tweeting out stories of how Russia tried to trick him into accepting meetings and money to attempt to explain why Trump Jr. might have been tricked into this meeting.

lol

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/884779556464463873

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/884801181821927424

Problem solved.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Robert Mueller sighed as he unsheathed his katana

then sighed again and put it away because everyone had stabbed themselves already.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CmdrRiker posted:

he'd rather his son go to jail than imply in the slightest that he is only president because he cheated

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

So this is fire right? Not just smoke?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

CmdrRiker posted:

What explicitly is a chargeable offense here with the release of these emails?

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/7/10/15950590/donald-trump-jr-new-york-times-illegal

Here's the vox from yesterday, from before Jr. admitted that a) he knew the information came from the Russian Government and b) that he explicitly asked for this.

So, the "we still don't know" stuff from that article is actually stuff we 100% know now. He committed a crime.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

CmdrRiker posted:

Access to that sweet, sweet 5th amendment?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
on a scale of 1 to watergate, how much is Happening

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
DT Jr. is probably the dumbest being to ever be involved in politics, and the reason I say "being" instead of "person" is because I'm 99% sure that Caligula's horse was much smarter.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Someone buy that guy a drink. He absolutely needs one or 10.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe
The Dow just dropped hard core

It's habbening

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Wait so is "Crown Prosecutor" in the email supposed to be the Prosecutor General of Russia or some lower level government prosecutor?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

Yes, but because the gears are slow moving people will think this has blown over and something else will come along that makes this look innocent.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Mind_Taker posted:

I think it's a small fire, like the tinder just caught fire. But Mueller is still in the shadows and he's got the gas can.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mind_Taker posted:

video of the arsonist with a can of gas and a burning zippo, dude

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I don't remember the last time Glenn Greenwald said or did something that didn't make me want to defenestrate him.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

deoju posted:

Pretty fitting if a gaudy piece of poo poo that Trump had to put his name on brings about his downfall.

:golfclap:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Mind_Taker posted:

People have been suspecting that the copious amounts of smoke coming from the Trump administration means that all their pants are on fire. Trump Jr decided the best way to prove this false was to strip naked and show that their asses and genitalia are made of flame and every pair of pants they've ever worn has been on fire.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

evilweasel posted:

i need an answer to this important question: why the gently caress does russia have a crown prosecutor considering that it's been about 99 years since they had the royal family shot

The tsarist conspiracy runs deep, comrade.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Mind_Taker posted:

You just need to put it into context. Impeachment hearings will not begin until Mueller gives his report, at the absolute earliest. What we are doing today is gleefully adjusting the probability distribution of all the possible outcomes over the next 3.5 years.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Max_Fisher/status/884800832604176384

lol

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mind_Taker posted:

this is an open admission by trump's son, trump's campaign manager, and trump's son in law that:

1) they knew the russians were helping trump
2) they wanted the russians to help trump
3) they set up meetings with representatives of the russian government to get information to help trump

it is difficult to explain how this could be worse short of don jr. replying and saying "dad says to tell her if she delivers the goods we'll lift the sanctions when we win"

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Oxxidation posted:

I don't remember the last time Glenn Greenwald said or did something that didn't make me want to defenestrate him.

I don't know "Think critically about your news sources" is a hell of a lot better than "THEY LIEEE!!!!!"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Robot Hobo posted:

Access to that sweet, sweet 5th amendment?

Yeah, anybody who Trump pardons can be compelled to testify against him or else will go to jail. There is no protection against self-incrimination for things you've been pardoned for so it's basically go to jail for contempt if you don't testify, and go to prison for perjury and obstruction if you lie.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Overwined posted:

I think it's a small fire, like the tinder just caught fire. But Mueller is still in the shadows and he's got the gas can.

In the mechanics of stress and strain, we call this the plasticity regime. poo poo ain't going back to the way it was, and fracture is imminent.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

THE loving CROWN PROSECUTOR OF RUSSIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

The Dow just dropped hard core

It's habbening

I thought that was because Moron Sr. is making a big-boy decision on North Korea soon?

• Locked thread