Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

pentyne posted:

while digging into Trad Games archives trying to find the rome robot post I noticed that for some reason the forums went insane for Mafia play by post games in 2008 for literally anything, including Earthbound, Douglas Adams, Resident Evil, the US Supreme Court, the 2008 US Election, and various exotic others.

If you ever wanted to track it from the start, his was the beginning of the SA mafia community, there's a wiki for it here, and Votefinder has a bunch of records.

That was a big part of what motivated me to register an account here, being able to play along in a murder mystery scenario was really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

By an alarming turn of events someone did buy this painting

Congratulations on your new conversation piece!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

I got to the chozo ghosts in metroid prime and then my gamecube blew up so I never got to finish it. never played the other two either. oh well, rip

I did get the new metroid dread figma tho, and it's super good. it has multiple shoulder joints so she can actually do the arm cannon pose like this(burgerbeam not included)

it also comes with a section of wall with a hand and foot on it and a magnet on the back so you can attach her to stuff

That’s cool. It’s kind of insane how Dread was announced out of nowhere and ended up kicking a ton of rear end

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

pentyne posted:

while digging into Trad Games archives trying to find the rome robot post I noticed that for some reason the forums went insane for Mafia play by post games in 2008 for literally anything, including Earthbound, Douglas Adams, Resident Evil, the US Supreme Court, the 2008 US Election, and various exotic others.

we still do that, the first mafia game I ran was David Bowie Mafia. it's hard to come up with thirteen unique davids bowie, one for each player, but I did it

Captain Invictus posted:

I did get the new metroid dread figma tho, and it's super good. it has multiple shoulder joints so she can actually do the arm cannon pose like this(burgerbeam not included)

it also comes with a section of wall with a hand and foot on it and a magnet on the back so you can attach her to stuff

getting a samus figma is one of those things I keep putting off as other stuff comes up, but man every time I see one I'm tempted. it helps that the dread suit redesign is actually insanely good and much better than I expected it to be based on what I first saw; the extra little bits on the legs are fantastic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Autisanal Cheese posted:

what was the saga legend of Daikloktos

IIRC they were the world’s most bad assest antifa super soldier shot down by corrupt mods for his heroic upstanding.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

death cob for cutie posted:

thirteen unique davids bowie

lol

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
tell me more about the davids bowie

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well, well, well,

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Leraika posted:

tell me more about the davids bowie

Yeah, I only have a passing familiarity. Yah got the Ziggy Stardust, and the David who's afraid of Americans. Who are the others?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mr President, another BJ has hit the towers

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

B33rChiller posted:

Yeah, I only have a passing familiarity. Yah got the Ziggy Stardust, and the David who's afraid of Americans. Who are the others?

goblin king, berlin era, drum n bass bowie

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
David Jones, Major Tom, Ziggy Stardust, Kobbler Bob, The Man Who Fell to Earth, Aladdin Sane, Eye Patch Bowie, Thin White Duke, Labyrinth Bowie, Tesla Bowie, Black Star Bowie... Uhm... The Bowie that was in Extras? Two different Bowies from Flight of the Conchords? The knife?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

B33rChiller posted:

thought I met one on the stairs

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Paladinus posted:

David Jones, Major Tom, Ziggy Stardust, Kobbler Bob, The Man Who Fell to Earth, Aladdin Sane, Eye Patch Bowie, Thin White Duke, Labyrinth Bowie, Tesla Bowie, Black Star Bowie... Uhm... The Bowie that was in Extras? Two different Bowies from Flight of the Conchords? The knife?

pierrot from ashes to ashes. I'd also isolate earthling Bowie but that's just me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

pierrot from ashes to ashes. I'd also isolate earthling Bowie but that's just me

Soul Patch Bowie

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Al! posted:

Soul Patch Bowie

lol. gruesome look

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Yeah Earthling is the one who's afraid of Americans.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Well, well, well,

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Plutonis posted:

Well, well, well,

:crossarms:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Cabbagely Patchman, the Crosswalker, the Popcorn Guru, Cormorant Vision, cyberDave aka bowiE

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Boz

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what about upsetting dog david bowie

or has that already been mentioned

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

B33rChiller posted:

Yeah Earthling is the one who's afraid of Americans.

THAT WASN'T IN THE LIST. I'm only acknowledging lists. lists never hurt SA

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what about upsetting dog david bowie

or has that already been mentioned

Halloween Jack's true form

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

:whitewater:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

David Pentium

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m Afraid of AMD Ryzens

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dilbert 2 listing NFL teams voice

Paladinus posted:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Sovereign of the Guild of Calamitous Intent Bowie

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Lady Radia posted:

im sincerely ashamed that i was so hyped for other m that i picked it up in favor of prime 3. and then i played other m once, and was so distraught i simply decided Metroid was ftl until dread came out

my fiance is a huge metroid guy and hates other m. i make him insane talking about how cute baby ridley is

fun hater
May 24, 2009

hes just a little baby

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Paladinus posted:

My two cats are named Major Tom and Ziggy Stardust. They're good cats.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We have the tools

WrasslorMonkey posted:

poo poo I wish I were working with an API. At first this is just going to automatically set up timers so I know when people come off of their probation, then I can just re-probe from a little dashboard I'm making.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Aaaaaaaaahhhh forgot to re-sixer. I was working on a chain-probe greasemonkey script and doing it manually slipped my mind, lol.

e: this sounded a little more sinister than I intended. This is just going to put a timer in a little box on the page so I know when someone who I probated is going to be set free. It’ll also alert me to posts that match various criteria (slurs, maybe sig length, etc) while I browse the Truml thread so I don’t have to read every word you people write.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

We have the tools

Asproigerosis posted:

Sagas thread is going to come find you and make your life a living slur

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Fajita Queen posted:

My two cats are named Major Tom and Ziggy Stardust. They're good cats.

Pics please!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

er. why would we care

e: not about the cats. i care about the cats

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i thought you meant the cats

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I care about cats.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They meant the cata

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sagas thread is going to find the cats and make their lives a living slur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Cats are important because I need their names for passwords and each time I make a new password, I have to get another cat