Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Was nice to see the audience caught out in the Charlie Brooker's segment. They were obviously ready to guffaw and clap like seals but he was intent on making genuinely serious points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I missed the name of the guy on David's left but he is brilliant :allears:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

DiscoJ posted:

"I've been doing it every week"???

(Lauren Laverne right at the start of 10 O'Clock live)

Yeah, very weird, I think they started a little late and Lauren missed the cue.

Looks like somebody needs to learn to be "up on 3" (i just watched that episode of screenwipe with presenter training).

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Rarity posted:

He was funny but massively oversimplified the argument.

ScipioAfro
Feb 21, 2011
If he thinks tobacco companies have ever looked beyond the next few years of profits, he's a loving idiot.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

thehustler posted:

He was funny but massively oversimplified the argument.

But..but.. :supaburn: CLEAN WATER :supaburn:

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
Yeah he vastly oversimplified it but when he cut in on the woman about to say "but it might make people think if they ate a family size bar of dairy milk ever..."

was brilliant

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

That blonde lady in the round table was such a dizzy bitch. Does she honestly think that functioning adults look at a family-sized bar of Dairy Milk and go 'that looks like a healthy meal'?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Corrode posted:

That blonde lady in the round table was such a dizzy bitch. Does she honestly think that functioning adults look at a family-sized bar of Dairy Milk and go 'that looks like a healthy meal'?

It was a perfect time to take a dig at all the problems with education that the country has. I.e. yes, most of the people in our country are loving stupid.

In truth, it's not got much to do with people thinking that a family sized bar of chocolate can be a meal and more that IT'S loving ADVERTISING. A system that has been extremely effective in convincing people to buy things. In this case, more chocolate and unhealthy poo poo.

If the hypocrisy (and marginal irresponsibility) of advertising unhealthy products in an event that's based around people in peak physical health escapes you then you're a loving stroke addled mongoloid.

edit: poo poo, i'm looking at the side of a McDonalds cup just now proclaiming that it's the official restaraunt of the olympics.

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 18, 2011

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kin posted:

If the hypocrisy (and marginal irresponsibility) of advertising unhealthy products in an event that's based around people in peak physical health escapes you then you're a loving stroke addled mongoloid.

Or they're saying "Hey, chocolate's great and all - we know it, you know it - but we also know it's not particularly healthy. How about you do a little exercise to make up for it? Then you'll be able to eat more chocolate!"

But seriously, I'd argue it's actually responsible rather than irresponsible for companies that produce unhealthy products to promote sport and exercise.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Chocolate owns. It's also not that bad if you manage to eat not a ton of it every day.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Rarity posted:

Or they're saying "Hey, chocolate's great and all - we know it, you know it - but we also know it's not particularly healthy. How about you do a little exercise to make up for it? Then you'll be able to eat more chocolate!"

But seriously, I'd argue it's actually responsible rather than irresponsible for companies that produce unhealthy products to promote sport and exercise.

But that's not what they're saying at all. It's just junk junk junk junk junk, look at all this junk food and look at all of these signs of junk food reminding you of them and how super loving tasty they are. These people running around? Nah, they probably don't eat our stuff but forget about them, look at all the things we've got that you can STUFF IN YOUR FACE!

An unhealthy product advertising healthy things is only borderline responsible and more irony than anything else because the individual wouldnt need to have healthy stuff advertised to them if it wasn't for the chocolate bars or quadruple cheeseburgers they were stuffing down their throats.

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Rarity posted:

and here I was thinking what a massive prick he was (libertarian probably). Kin has summed it up the issue well though. So ,yeah.

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Oh yeah, Joe's council flats alien invasion film has been getting some positive press

http://www.ultraculture.co.uk/6549-attack-the-block-is-as-good-as-youd-hoped.htm

with this and Submarine it seems we need to get more of our comedians making films

thank you tories for getting rid of that british film council thing, it wasn't useful or anything

le chat fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 18, 2011

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:
Just chiming in to say that the finale of Skins was amazing because it was great programming and great melodrama. Also, it had Over The Wall who are mates of a mate as the finalé band. Can't wait for the next series to see what happens!!! It's a shame that we only have tonight so everytime we see its ghost we just think of it's short time... i want them all to be my friends. they;re so beautfiful and lovely people :-)

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

John_Anon_Smith posted:

Just chiming in to say that the finale of Skins was amazing because it was great programming and great melodrama. Also, it had Over The Wall who are mates of a mate as the finalé band. Can't wait for the next series to see what happens!!! It's a shame that we only have tonight so everytime we see its ghost we just think of it's short time... i want them all to be my friends. they;re so beautfiful and lovely people :-)

idk, at first I thought this new series would be decent as the people seemed a bit more normal and the writing a bit less silly but tbh it's turned out to be jank. They can't seem to stop heading downhill, there are like two good characters at most in this generation and I still don't really care what happens to em

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
Don't know if anyone's listening to the Moyles Comedy Dave Radio 1 thingy but it's reaching climax time, so might be worth listening to for a bit. I was listening to it last night during their time with Kissy Sell Out (I don't know either) and it was very funny seeing Patrick Kielty and Thandie Newton turn up drunk (on the webcam) and explain they only met eachother for the first time 2 hours earlier.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Royality posted:

Don't know if anyone's listening to the Moyles Comedy Dave Radio 1 thingy but it's reaching climax time, so might be worth listening to for a bit. I was listening to it last night during their time with Kissy Sell Out (I don't know either) and it was very funny seeing Patrick Kielty and Thandie Newton turn up drunk (on the webcam) and explain they only met eachother for the first time 2 hours earlier.

I tuned back in at around midnight and poor Comedy Dave sounded like he was losing it. Moyles on the other hand seems to be going strong. But I haven't regularly listened to Radio One since they pushed Pete Tong back two hours, and at 7pm on a Friday that show was great, but now I'm either out or watching something on TV so I miss it.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex
N/A

BobbyHeenanTinyHat fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 26, 2018

her0n
Sep 13, 2006

hey look the world is covered in snail slime

Royality posted:

I've been watching on red button and Kissy Sellout was great. Never heard of him before but it looked like such a hyper party in there!

Patrick Kielty and Thandie were amusing, probably very drunk and a good reason they left when they did!

Katy Perry showed up too with a care package of things which was very sweet of her. She seemed like good fun :)

I watched til 3am. Annie Nightingale was on then, some good music being played.

Final hour now, they really deserve their 2 weeks leave after this!

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
And now after watching online for hours during the last 2 days, after perservering through thick and thin, I had to go out and closed my browser. On the way back I find out Fearne is getting her bikini on, try to load the stream and the server is overloaded. gently caress YOU FAIRWEATHER PERVERTS I PUT A SHIFT IN I DESERVE TO SEE FEARNE IN A BIKINI DAMNIT.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
I was watching it on red button last night around 11pm. Moyles seemed all right, but when he was playing the songs and talking off air, his mouth was going a mile a minute. Then again, how else could you do something like this without lots and lots of cocaine?

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Ugh Michael Mcintyre

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Muppetjedi posted:

Ugh Michael Mcintyre

He's this generations Lenny Henry, but less funny.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kin posted:

He's this generations Lenny Henry, but less funny.

That's being a bit harsh on poor ol' Lenny.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Hahahaha some millionaire cock on Channel 4 is getting their eyesore house demolished because they didn't get planning permission. Now some old lady is saying Britain is turning into Nazi Germany because the Nazis would also destroy houses.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

marktheando posted:

Hahahaha some millionaire cock on Channel 4 is getting their eyesore house demolished because they didn't get planning permission. Now some old lady is saying Britain is turning into Nazi Germany because the Nazis would also destroy houses.

They didn't get planning permission for a whole house? How could you be that stupid?

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Michael McIntorycunt is trending on Twitter (well, his proper name) and it's not hatred, it's all love. What the hell ?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

DaWolfey posted:

Michael McIntorycunt is trending on Twitter (well, his proper name) and it's not hatred, it's all love. What the hell ?

I don't know how to break it to you but most people in this country are Tory scum with no taste or sense of humour.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Flatscan posted:

That's being a bit harsh on poor ol' Lenny.

Perhaps. Lenny's comedy was fine at the time as that's where comedy was, crass observational generalisations and pointless drivel. There was an old Apollo episode on iplayer last week with Lenny as the host and his act was terrible.

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
loving hell that last appeal video with esther was...yeah, beyond words.

e:yeah, I searched twitter a few months back for messages to Chris Moyles and it surprised me when I found that almost all of the messages were overwhelmingly positive, would of thought someone had took the opportunity twitter presents.

le chat fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 18, 2011

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DaWolfey posted:

Michael McIntyre is loved for the same reason as Peter Kay, for harmless lowest-common-denominator material so bland that literally everyone will understand it.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Has Eastenders been on yet?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kin posted:

Perhaps. Lenny's comedy was fine at the time as that's where comedy was, crass observational generalisations and pointless drivel. There was an old Apollo episode on iplayer last week with Lenny as the host and his act was terrible.

I used to quite like his stuff when I was younger and while it hasn't aged at all well, I've never desired to watch him be kicked to death by an angry mob, unlike Mcuntyre.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

DaWolfey posted:

Most people who voice their opinion on the internet (especially this forum) usually arent the "joe public demographic". Nothing wrong with liking Michael mcintyre, hes not my cup of tea but i can see the appeal.

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
Why is David Cameron allowed in "entertainment" TV?

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

Rarity posted:

Michael McIntyre is loved for the same reason as Peter Kay, for harmless lowest-common-denominator material so bland that literally everyone will understand it.
spoon-fed warm diarrhea

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

N3RDSTER posted:

Why is David Cameron allowed in "entertainment" TV?

He looks so uncomfortable and self-aware, his guard is at maximum right now.

Tony Blair did a comedy sketch and he did a reasonable job for a politician, Dave didn't even dare say he hated the crab salad.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

DaWolfey posted:

He looks so uncomfortable and self-aware, his guard is at maximum right now.

Perfect time to ask him how he can sleep at night after eating that spicy potato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
And risk insulting the noble crab fishermen?