Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Seriously, every show should just pick a funny bit from the actual show that's less than 30 seconds long, and the ads should be that bit plus five seconds of "this show is called this, listen to it, ok bye"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Let's always talk about max fun ads and that flophouse guy's voice forever guys

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm glad MBMBaM introduced me to the beef and dairy network.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

padijun posted:

Let's always talk about max fun ads and that flophouse guy's voice forever guys

to be fair I was talking about JUSTIN'S irritating Max Fun ad voice!

Actually though - now that I'm thinking of this, I'm remembering some advertising classes I took in college. We had to develop a couple of ad campaigns across multiple media platforms - so storyboards/layout and dialogue/text for a TV commercial, magazine ad, billboard, radio ad, etc.

In every group presentation, the radio ads were always, ALWAYS the worst part of the campaign. No matter what. I didn't understand why then and I don't understand why now, but it's definitely A Thing.

showbiz_liz fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 9, 2016

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I actually liked the first TAZ ad and would listen to it every time it came on during my MBMBAM binge to hear Griffin inviting the listener to join them in their erotically charged adventures. The second ad they made wasn't as great.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Stop Podcasting Yourself is also a good show. Probably the most easy-listening, throw-it-on-while-you're-doing-something-else podcast ever.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em26e5tlwqQ

A short one, but a good one. I hope they find a new map like extreme testing grounds next episode, because gridmaps are getting a bit stale.

The sky rim glitch was so hauntingly, abstractly beautiful. I love it when weird glitched out Car Boys godtrash expands into huge, surreal structures and strange landscapes.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
WTF is going on with the BeamNG.drive physics engine that makes solid things turn liquid and then into four dimensional infinitely expanding tesseracts

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

showbiz_liz posted:

Seriously, every show should just pick a funny bit from the actual show that's less than 30 seconds long, and the ads should be that bit plus five seconds of "this show is called this, listen to it, ok bye"

That's how Earwolf does it, and why I know that Denzel in Training Day is just like red velvet cake.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Colonel Whitey posted:

WTF is going on with the BeamNG.drive physics engine that makes solid things turn liquid and then into four dimensional infinitely expanding tesseracts

It's a softbody physics engine. Everything acts less rigid and so when it fucks up it can really gently caress up

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
I'll shut up about the flophouse, but I will say before I do that not only is it very funny (whatever you say about Eliot's voice, he has an incredibly quick wit), but that it does have animated clips of some of the best bits online which are much more effective as an advert I think:

https://youtu.be/la0dLIZU6Po

https://youtu.be/EX004vrWCbA

But yeah, Griffin McElroy has kind of taken up the top spot on the super high energy/quick wit comedian list from Eliot for me.

As for the rest of Max Fun, its all pretty good I think. Enough so that I feel happy contributing to it at least. I quite enjoy Can I Pet Your Dog and Sawbones too.

Stumiester fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 9, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I bought BeamNG.drive a few weeks ago and it is incredibly fun. The game is obviously rough and very early access but it's fun enough in its current state that I do not begin to regret the price. If they keep up with it and work out some ease of use issues it has a huge amount of potential.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

purple death ray posted:

I bought BeamNG.drive a few weeks ago and it is incredibly fun. The game is obviously rough and very early access but it's fun enough in its current state that I do not begin to regret the price. If they keep up with it and work out some ease of use issues it has a huge amount of potential.

I actually considered upgrading my graphics card just for this game (I can run it, but only barely, and it doesn't look nearly as nice). I am not a gamer in any way and have no clue what that would cost though.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Empress Theonora posted:

The sky rim glitch was so hauntingly, abstractly beautiful. I love it when weird glitched out Car Boys godtrash expands into huge, surreal structures and strange landscapes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ABSOLUTELY for $1.99

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Absurdo-Burgo With Any Cheezo would be a good username.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

We are 100% stuck in a time loop
someone should do an analytics on this thread to plot the frequency of MaxFun ad chat and see if it matches to some science poo poo like solar flares etc

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Absurdo-Burgo With Any Cheezo would be a good username.

If you look at the sign, the 1.99 has an asterisk next to it, and 5.99 is in the corner :argh: Turboburger this is false advertising!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Beekeeping and You posted:

If you look at the sign, the 1.99 has an asterisk next to it, and 5.99 is in the corner :argh: Turboburger this is false advertising!

Bless whoever made that taxi. :allears:

Newcomer Dad of the Year Griffin McElroy:
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/807334655846400000

Just a nice big pit of FFXV opinions, which I only find funny since there's at least 23 hours of game there, but it and his baby came out on the same day.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Newcomer Dad of the Year Griffin McElroy:
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/807334655846400000

Just a nice big pit of FFXV opinions, which I only find funny since there's at least 23 hours of game there, but it and his baby came out on the same day.

To be fair, playing video games is part of his job.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

thexerox123 posted:

To be fair, playing video games is part of his job.

Plus I'm pretty sure Terrace House's runtime is longer than that.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
He probably had a review copy, he is a games journalist.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Just listened to 332 and I still refuse to believe that Griffin has ever actually smoked weed.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Maybe it's because I always blaze when watching, but goddamnit I really like Terrace House and I don't know what part of my brain it's hitting so right.

Edit: I love little fascist power kid on the panel.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 10, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I was recommended sawbones from one of storywonks podcasts and that's snowballed into loving every single McElshow.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

iajanus posted:

I was recommended sawbones from one of storywonks podcasts and that's snowballed into loving every single McElshow.

They really are quite the phenomenon. I don't think they're done blowing up, and they just keep getting more popular. I think they already sold out every Jumbotron for 2017.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hell, I hate reality shows and I still love RB.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I tried MBMBAM because The Bugle was in Podmass, which also recommended MBMBAM. Didn't like it at first try. I remember disliking the absurd leaps in topics and one of the voices being so grating (can't remember which). Second try was like a year later and I got hooked.

SPY was a random download that I enjoyed immensely and until Sawbones I have not tried other MaxFun shows.

purple death ray posted:

It's still in very early access? I remember a video review of it like in 2015.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

A good number of people jumped on thanks to "Just Like Bart" becoming a brief meme and Monster Factory/Polygon stuff in general.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I thought initially that Monster Factory was my first exposure to House McElroy, but then I learned that justin and griffin did the liveblogs of the VGAs back on joystiq

How deep do their tendrils run

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
If you live in Huntington, probably to even before your birth, as Dadd McElroy have conquered the Huntington audiospace for so long.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I first heard Justin from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHaayrkqhdA

here he is on the same podcast talking about the public access show he was on as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZwA1waYwZE

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been getting into the McElroy stuff lately, consumed Monster Factory and associated polygon videos first, started listening to MBMBaM before sidestepping into The Adventure Zone, which I'm caught up with now. I'm powering through CoolGames inc right now and threw out a few suggestions, and quite unexpectedly they took my suggestion of "Burnout but with horses" for the latest episode. Still have some more CGI to finish off but man, there's a lot of entertainment here.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I just got caught up on TAZ after starting at episode 1 on my cycling rides into the office

daddy needs his adventuring medicine :(

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I've been getting into the McElroy stuff lately, consumed Monster Factory and associated polygon videos first, started listening to MBMBaM before sidestepping into The Adventure Zone, which I'm caught up with now. I'm powering through CoolGames inc right now and threw out a few suggestions, and quite unexpectedly they took my suggestion of "Burnout but with horses" for the latest episode. Still have some more CGI to finish off but man, there's a lot of entertainment here.

I laughed really hard just at the title "Burnout with Horses", so props.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Also it's always nice to hear people talk about how good burnout is

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Was. :(

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Ditto. Still might just be my favourite Justin moment(s).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pacra posted:

I just got caught up on TAZ after starting at episode 1 on my cycling rides into the office

daddy needs his adventuring medicine :(

Did you listen to the Max Fun Drive episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

As long as my ps2 spins discs, burnout will live on