Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I call glaives halberds with the good moveset. They include the Lucerne, Black Knight Glaive and Immolation Tinder among others. They're my favorite weapons in all the games except Dark Souls 1 because they have the bad moveset there. I especially love the hunter's axe in bloodborne...so good.

the black knight halberd had a good moveset in ds1 IMO. dont think it had the spin2win but i feel goofy using that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

im also not happy when the host has three friends and theyre all hanging out waiting for me, then they all attack me at once

U think guts was happy about having to kill 100 people? the phrase we use in england here is "stiff upper lip" :D

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

speaking of guts i would put down my sign and be summoned at almost every boss by a dude in the same armour and weapon called guts who always had a similar method of fighting. this happened over multiple nights so I gusess it wasnt the same guy but when I beat the last boss with Guts I felt pretty win at this unspoken cooperation that i'd experienced throughout the game. i died to the lass boss as he had one hit left and watched guts finish him off before i despawned

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/725970583473647616

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i cant believe i never noticed how much the darkwraiths look like him

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that would work with sting/hhh too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

You can take them back. It isn't a permanent choice

Please don't do this poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope jester thomas returns in dlc

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

the greatest heel turn of all time

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

I wish they had brought the talking cat back

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

Please don't do this poo poo

The game literally tells you this before you attempt to use them, and it's hinted at long before then.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

the black knight halberd had a good moveset in ds1 IMO. dont think it had the spin2win but i feel goofy using that anyway.

it's just the overhead 2h r1 that I need for it to be good. no stab r1s on my halberds pls.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
stab r1s on halberds are good though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well i can see why, cos halberds are best for killing fast enemies, or groups, cos of the sweeping attacks + range. but in DS1 the black knight halberd in particular is better for killing bosses cos of the high dmg. in which case overhead attacks and stabs are as easy to land on bosses as anything else and it still has reach too. so good moveset IMo.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
lol, missing the dragon's head and falling to my death is one of my most shameful deaths in the series.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

lol, missing the dragon's head and falling to my death is one of my most shameful deaths in the series.

My friend was showing me the fight and jumped just before me, causing me to clip through the dragon and die

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

speaking of guts i would put down my sign and be summoned at almost every boss by a dude in the same armour and weapon called guts who always had a similar method of fighting. this happened over multiple nights so I gusess it wasnt the same guy but when I beat the last boss with Guts I felt pretty win at this unspoken cooperation that i'd experienced throughout the game. i died to the lass boss as he had one hit left and watched guts finish him off before i despawned

the real guts would never summon help on a boss

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

i did this like three times

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i did this like three times

I beat him the hard way because I thought that poo poo was super annoying. I think that boss fight stinks rear end

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c66gXJAXaLY

armor of thorns for low level pvp is so funny

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dragonslayer amor and champion gundyr down, both fuckn awesome bosses. area fter thats kickin my rear end but if ucking love the enemy designs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I beat him the hard way because I thought that poo poo was super annoying. I think that boss fight stinks rear end

i like it cos you can loot stuff on the way up, its basically just like an extension of the level. although the last time i fought him he walked off a ledge and died

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
and to be honest its an area with 2 bosses, i think its the only one in the game. so its not like it took the place of a regular boss fight

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

X: Dunk your head in wax

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Untended Graves boss is good but Lothric Castle boss is even better. In the home stretch now..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I found the Dragonslayer Spear as well and I love it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish the giant seed wasn't in this game. At least it's not really farmable..

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I wish the giant seed wasn't in this game. At least it's not really farmable..

If it only worked when you were solo I'd be ok with it but when someone already has two phantoms and a bluecop its ridiculous

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the area after pontiff really steers everything in the invader's favor lol if you invade or summoned as an aldrich bro 99% of the time there's already 2 other invaders in the world ganking the host

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
invading as a Aldrich faithful pwns. there's always like 3 or 4 people there all fighting each other in a big brawl and its soooo epic and cool

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5mHuSFRzZM

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Cool

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

invading as a Aldrich faithful pwns. there's always like 3 or 4 people there all fighting each other in a big brawl and its soooo epic and cool

'Tis epic.. Too bad the covenant rewards are all for sorcfags.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

'Tis epic.. Too bad the covenant rewards are all for sorcfags.

Tru. I'm also doing Darkmoon cause I want Dark Moon Blade but I heard its not as OP in this game as it was in the first game.. APparently it's identical to lightning blade except its magic damage instead of lightning which is kind of gay.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I keep getting summoned for faithful and Insta getting covenant awards :whitewater:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

Tru. I'm also doing Darkmoon cause I want Dark Moon Blade but I heard its not as OP in this game as it was in the first game.. APparently it's identical to lightning blade except its magic damage instead of lightning which is kind of gay.

It's the ultimate vanity spell since most people can't get summoned for blues much less get 30 ears.. and yea, I got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I get summoned every few minutes.. Probably because I smell good and don't get nervous when I talk to girls so people online want to be close to me

• Locked thread