Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

BlindSite posted:

This isn't true anymore.

Gano missed just two kicks last year. In a year where kicking percentages were at their worst in like 10 years.

There's a real downturn at the moment in reliable kickers.

I think he had all of one 50 yard FG and he missed 3 extra points.

I guess I'm still kinda in the "kickers are fungible and not people" phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I think he had all of one 50 yard FG and he missed 3 extra points.

I guess I'm still kinda in the "kickers are fungible and not people" phase

Just remember the post kasay year or two. Like when Olindo Mare cost us 3 games.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

Just remember the post kasay year or two. Like when Olindo Mare cost us 3 games.

Seriously, gently caress Olindo Mare.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Could have had Butker on the roster for league minimum but nooooo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kasay was cut by hurney :eng101:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Kasay was cut by hurney :eng101:

He was still 3-4 from 50+ in his last year with the Panthers too :cry:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Why does my stupid team like Chris loving Conte so much?

quote:

The Bucs have exercised one-year options for safety Chris Conte, tackle Demar Dotson and defensive back Josh Robinson, extending each player’s contract through the 2018 season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Antonio Brown tweeted "Rise Up"

It is done. Julio and AB united to bring home the lombardi. Now someone hijack Sark.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Joe Hawley owns:

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/971426627895906306

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Brawley :unsmith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

He was such a loving dick. Sad we didn't convert him into a guard at some point.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

weird Asian candy posted:

Antonio Brown tweeted "Rise Up"

It is done. Julio and AB united to bring home the lombardi. Now someone hijack Sark.

I've never really been a religious guys, but this has me considering

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs and Falcons were in on Bennett

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/971468625453469696?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

gently caress the Eagles

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress the Eagles

Bennett hates the Falcons anyway.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Bennett hates the Falcons anyway.

gently caress Bennett, he dead to me

lol, I am advancing through my stages of grief rapidly!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Levitre restructured so that is cool. Next up is Matt and Jake.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's Allbright so I'm not buying it

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/971459341499944961?s=19

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I mean, Tampa "inquiring" doesn't mean poo poo. Every team in the league probably "inquired"

TB: "Hey what do you want for him?"
SEA: *bleeeeeeeeep* you
TB: ok cool

There they inquired.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Why does my stupid team like Chris loving Conte so much?

He performed really well!

on my Madden team

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

He performed really well!

on my Madden team

He was a total Lovie guy, back to his Chicago days but yeah he is awful and I'm legit shocked he has survived as long as he has post Lovie Smith.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This doesn't seem.....safe

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/971525331164176384?s=19

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Presumably there’s someone in the Jeep to hit the brakes.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So either he’s still wearing Tennessee gear which is rad or this is from when he was at UT

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

loving WHY

edit* that's also...not that impressive. just stupid.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I've heard the Saints training was unconventional, but this is ri-god-drat-diculous.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Levitre took a $2.5m pay cut to stay with the team. :woop:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Levitre took a $2.5m pay cut to stay with the team. :woop:

lol, he isn't good and is an injury risk. I guess it's not knowing we're not an empty cupboard at guard.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

lol, he isn't good and is an injury risk. I guess it's not knowing we're not an empty cupboard at guard.

Isn't good? He was an above average guard prior to the triceps injury and considering how poo poo Wes and Ben looked in his stead...this is a big restructure.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Isn't good? He was an above average guard prior to the triceps injury and considering how poo poo Wes and Ben looked in his stead...this is a big restructure.

Levitre was the better guard on a dogshit interior offensive line when we traded for him in 2015. He was a penalty machine.

The entire line performed loads better when we brought in Mack, but Levitre was still inconsistent, and he's had injury last season. He's good, not great, and while I'm glad we've got him still, he's not a great solution unless he can stay health and stop holding. We traded a goddamn 6th for him, he's not a world-changer, and we only did THAT because our line was that loving bad.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 8, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Levitre was the better guard on a dogshit interior offensive line when we traded for him in 2015. He was a penalty machine.

The entire line performed loads better when we brought in Mack, but Levitre was still inconsistent, and he's had injury last season. He's good, not great, and while I'm glad we've got him still, he's not a great solution unless he can stay health and stop holding. We traded a goddamn 6th for him, he's not a world-changer, and we only did THAT because our line was that loving bad.

Yeah, am still pro upgrade the guard position via draft/fa but Levitre is more than serviceable in the interim.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
anyone need a gently used all pro CB?

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/972099167509204992

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Legion of Poof

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

What's going on with Breesus? Saints don't want to pay him that much or is this fake news?

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/972079533254959104

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

What's going on with Breesus? Saints don't want to pay him that much or is this fake news?

Brees ain't leaving, they're just settling on a price he can live with. This is manufactured offseason drama.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Brees ain't leaving, they're just settling on a price he can live with. This is manufactured offseason drama.

I wanna know when tf Matt is going to sign his extension...I mean we have a little less than a week before FA begins so we have time but kinda thought it would be done by now :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I wanna know when tf Matt is going to sign his extension...I mean we have a little less than a week before FA begins so we have time but kinda thought it would be done by now :smith:

They restructured Brooks Reed yesterday. Him and Levitre's deal probably paid for Matt Bryant.

I don't predict the Falcons going big in FA this offseason anyway, so I expect Matts extension to come later, once they've determined how much cap they can give him this year in signing bonus.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It will get done before March 14.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

They restructured Brooks Reed yesterday. Him and Levitre's deal probably paid for Matt Bryant.

I don't predict the Falcons going big in FA this offseason anyway, so I expect Matts extension to come later, once they've determined how much cap they can give him this year in signing bonus.

I don't think they go big either, but they have a lot of spots to fill...Levi was a June 1 cut, so his money doesn't come off the books til then and extending Matt now will provide immediate cap space to help fill the holes of those we let walk...I feel like it will get done before FA starts, but I dunno. I haven't heard squat other than negotiations are under way so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I don't think they go big either, but they have a lot of spots to fill...Levi was a June 1 cut, so his money doesn't come off the books til then and extending Matt now will provide immediate cap space to help fill the holes of those we let walk...I feel like it will get done before FA starts, but I dunno. I haven't heard squat other than negotiations are under way so :shrug:

They can behave like any savings from a post-june-one cut are already there. They don't need to wait until then to use that cap.

• Locked thread