Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dreamer was just Sandman but not cool. So in summary, gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TheKingslayer posted:

To be fair, Dreamer's brain has the texture (and functionality) of cottage cheese these days, so it makes sense that he'd be a Chud.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dreamer has cognitive issues from CTE so of course he's in the Fox News demographic

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1070829683871232000

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

TheKingslayer posted:

Sandman rules lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2uCHRR8_uk

"I NEVER MISS A FUCKIN PROMO" lmao

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I love how every wrestler is seemingly actually terrified of the Undertaker doing anything

I mean I would be too but it's cool

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
And yeah I still like Dreamer even if he's a chud because he seems like a good guy otherwise. A lot of chuds are just dumb idiots who support things because the people presenting the ideas present them in the way that resonates to them. I know tons of perfectly nice republican dudes who are just literally incapable of seeing past black and white reasoning unless it interferes with their daily life

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RubyRiottWWE/status/1070857959343833088

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Aesop Poprock posted:

And yeah I still like Dreamer even if he's a chud because he seems like a good guy otherwise. A lot of chuds are just dumb idiots who support things because the people presenting the ideas present them in the way that resonates to them. I know tons of perfectly nice republican dudes who are just literally incapable of seeing past black and white reasoning unless it interferes with their daily life
These are the people who turned the other way when the Nazis happened last time, and they'll do the very same the next time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I get what you're saying because I totally have chud friends but they're all incredibly selfish people who are terrified of being alive. They're only nice to me because they think I'm a member of their "tribe". If I was a different race and a lower income class they would assume that I existed to steal from them and kill them.

They're still perfectly fine to play a board game with on a Saturday but I don't trust them.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I love how every wrestler is seemingly actually terrified of the Undertaker doing anything

I mean I would be too but it's cool

A friend of mine met him and a bunch of wrestlers in an airport bar in 2002. All of the wrestlers would stop talking if Taker started talking and genuinely, everyone (including my friend) seemed afraid of him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Low Ki knocks a guy out then proceeds to get his poo poo in

https://youtu.be/i-xoN6Kx1VI

Of course it's Evolve so they don't stop the match right away.

This is pretty drat bad but I also feel like Ki can only shoulder so much of the blame when the referee and the dude's manager can't bring themselves to communicate with one another and have the match stopped. The cartwheel kick in the corner was incredibly stupid to do, but that was probably the lightest double stomp I've ever seen so it looked like he was at least somewhat trying to protect him and just get the match over, especially with how he cradled him with the pin.

Low Ki is still a giant baby and a doofus, but there are probably way more glaring examples of where he's hosed up and been completely at fault rather than something like this where EVERYBODY comes out looking like a dong.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

I get what you're saying because I totally have chud friends but they're all incredibly selfish people who are terrified of being alive. They're only nice to me because they think I'm a member of their "tribe". If I was a different race and a lower income class they would assume that I existed to steal from them and kill them.

They're still perfectly fine to play a board game with on a Saturday but I don't trust them.

It's a weird line to walk because most of my closest friends have been conservative in the past few years but totally love me despite me being very leftist, and it's hard to balance people who I believe are good and I need in my life with the fact that they helped elect Trump and other horrible things. I don't know exactly how to react to stuff like that without severing completely but at least almost all of them seem to regret the Trump thing

The ones who didn't I did separate completely from because they went completely off the deep end

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The best Low Ki take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxQcwkaAGPY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

A friend of mine met him and a bunch of wrestlers in an airport bar in 2002. All of the wrestlers would stop talking if Taker started talking and genuinely, everyone (including my friend) seemed afraid of him.

I got to see Undertaker live at a House Show and I swear to God the son of a bitch teleported a bottle of water into his hand :stare:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/1070873915365314560

https://twitter.com/shirai_io/status/1070815831980994563

https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/1070817339774550017

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1070848465180155904

https://twitter.com/RubyRiottWWE/status/1070857959343833088

https://twitter.com/WWEDillinger/status/1070905057099550720

https://twitter.com/EmilianoCandido/status/1070845545093185537

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Aesop Poprock posted:

When he came to do a show in our promotion, he started talking poo poo about it, and saying that he was going to come back and sell a bigger place out with House of Hardcore. Then he gave the soundboard guy poo poo for playing his music after he lost, then he gave the soundguy poo poo for playing his WWE theme, not Man in the box. He looked sour as gently caress the entire time, rude and standoffish at the signings.

That show he was the main star of actually drew the poorest of any show in the past 3 years, but that's not the point, it's a cuntish thing to talk poo poo about about the people that brought you over.

He really came off as a dick. Maybe it was a bad day for him or something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What's the story behind this?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The indies are saved

https://twitter.com/OfficialHTM/status/1070874478299762689

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

What's the story behind this?

Zack's YouTube show got taken over by WWE and his popularity kinda dissipated. I think it'd run its course anyway.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/LeonStGiovanni/status/1070918932788322304

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Figured this thread would be the most appropriate place for this.

Ric Flair on the current product and the scrutiny today's wrestlers encounter

Ric Flair posted:

I think it's harder because the kids on social media eat them alive. I don't think the [pro wrestling] business is any harder. I think the days are longer. I think the scrutiny [is more intense]." Flair added, "but it's equally hard physically, but it's harder on them because they're so effected by social media and the number of people trying to give them direction.

How do you guys feel about the current amount of social media presence by talent? Alister Black and Dean Ambrose are two guys I know of with relatively minimal social media presence and they seem to be better off for it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

smdh if you arent following @team_pomato on insta

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

anakha posted:

Figured this thread would be the most appropriate place for this.

Ric Flair on the current product and the scrutiny today's wrestlers encounter

How do you guys feel about the current amount of social media presence by talent? Alister Black and Dean Ambrose are two guys I know of with relatively minimal social media presence and they seem to be better off for it.

I think if you use social media like Kojima does, to organise Bread Club, that is good. If you use it to push really badly considered worked shoot "promos" it is bad.

At some point I still think wrestling has to accept fans will be able to handle wrestlers not being in character 100% of the time and that Ian McShane didn't have to go around calling everyone cocksuckers when he was out in public to retain the suspension of disbelief while watching Deadwood. It's fake, we know it's fake, you don't have to convince us it's real at 9am on a Sunday at the airport, it only matters when the show is on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

knowing it's fake and treating it that way are the reasons why audiences no longer care. The passion conjured through a suspension of disbelief (which is harmed by constant out of character social media posts) is necessary for pro wrestling to thrive. It may be able to survive as a sad empty shell otherwise but that's not saying much. Just kidding around with this one, trying out my new character who is called Dim Soreneck

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Zack's YouTube show got taken over by WWE and his popularity kinda dissipated. I think it'd run its course anyway.

I legit didn't even notice Zack Ryder's name there and thought that Christian had given WWE control of his youtube page for some reason :sweatdrop:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I definitely think social media can be unhealthy for wrestlers, and I think the seeming increase of "smart" wrestling fans plays a role. No one is shouting an argument at a live event, so you used to hear "YOU SUCK, DROMAL" and think hey maybe I just beat up their favorite wrestler, or maybe I look like their ex, or whatever. Now, people are directly telling you, in a semi-permanent and usually recurring way, that you are bad at your job and they do not enjoy your performance. There's also just a much greater volume of feedback, so you're not just hearing your local wrestling fans, you hear from fans all over the world some of whom don't go to live events, some of whom don't even watch the shows. Some of whom are trolls hoping to get you upset.

I think interacting with their fans on social media is a smart move, but the problem seems to be when wrestlers get emotional about negative feedback. It's unhealthy for your mind to be internalizing twitter criticism. If it feels like someone has a point, and you really do need to work on something, that's fine and you don't need to get defensive or respond at all. If someone is just being an rear end in a top hat, forget about it, let them be an rear end in a top hat online. But this is a problem that extends far beyond wrestling.

I like when a wrestler signal-boosts their fans, I think that promotes a feeling of closeness and familiarity between them, and its a smart business move as it encourages others to tweet about them. I also like when wrestlers give a glimpse of their private life, it makes them more relatable. But most wrestlers (and people in general) lack the ability to dunk on their haters, and very few have the skill to promote their in-ring character through tweets.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I can't think of a single time where a wrestler has responded to their critics on social media and not come out looking incredibly stupid. Like if BSS hadn't come out with their bootlicking responses to that Sysum guy, we'd all be mocking him for posting some screed on the backdrop of him in a cape instead of them for being corporate dickheads.

Like just say "thanks" to the people praising you, it'll probably make their whole week and not make you look dumb.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean, I wouldn't be mocking him that much.

Because he's basically right about everything. BSS posting with Hunter over their shoulder just solidified it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's possible to be right and still embarrassing and the easiest way to do that is to superimpose your overly long takes over a picture of yourself in your underwear and a cape.

(imagine there is a picture of me wearing my underwear and a cape behind this post)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the cape is what made it good

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Goddamnit now I got that song stuck in my head in two different languages. gently caress you, Elias.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I can't think of a single time where a wrestler has responded to their critics on social media and not come out looking incredibly stupid. Like if BSS hadn't come out with their bootlicking responses to that Sysum guy, we'd all be mocking him for posting some screed on the backdrop of him in a cape instead of them for being corporate dickheads.

Like just say "thanks" to the people praising you, it'll probably make their whole week and not make you look dumb.
Bryan Alvarez is not a smart man but he just mutes people that annoy him and says “Thanks it was nice to meet you!” to a lot of people who @ him after his matches, so I guess he’s pretty drat good at social media????

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The cape actually owns.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It's possible to be right and still embarrassing and the easiest way to do that is to superimpose your overly long takes over a picture of yourself in your underwear and a cape.

(imagine there is a picture of me wearing my underwear and a cape behind this post)

Always do.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Every single wrestler not named Becky Lynch or Asuka that tries to cut kayfabe-ish promos on social media is a loving embarrassment

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1071041615110651904

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Every single wrestler not named Becky Lynch or Asuka that tries to cut kayfabe-ish promos on social media is a loving embarrassment

I'd add Nick Gage, Hiromu Takahashi and Stokely Hathaway and I'm borderline on Becky being cringeworthy but I agree.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BraunStrowman/status/1071088538991685637

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

and I'm borderline on Becky being cringeworthy but

Mods??