Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Come November 4 when an ANTIFA super soldier hopped up on synthetic, Soviet-made adrenal analog has you pinned down and is scrabbling at your belt buckle to get to your testicals (her main form of food now that the brain implants have taken) you’ll be wishing you had an “A R 15” too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Yobgoblin posted:

WHAT THE gently caress?? didnt know where else to put this

What's wrong with this? HIV+ people need to work and still face unfair stigma.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Shbobdb posted:

What's wrong with this? HIV+ people need to work and still face unfair stigma.

Not in the goddamned food*** industry though. Furthermore Gov Jerry Brown probably has HIV because he changed the law of giving someone aids/hiv without their knowledge no longer a felony. Dgaf who you are, normalizing STDs is not okay no matter how close to a cure the world is. That being said, I'm open to debate.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Yobgoblin posted:

Not in the goddamned good industry though. Furthermore Gov Jerry Brown probably has HIV because he changed the law of giving someone aids/hiv without their knowledge no longer a felony. Dgaf who you are, normalizing STDs is not okay no matter how close to a cure the world is. That being said, I'm open to debate.

Sounds like you're open to being a gigantic rear end in a top hat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yobgoblin posted:

Not in the goddamned good industry though. Furthermore Gov Jerry Brown probably has HIV because he changed the law of giving someone aids/hiv without their knowledge no longer a felony. Dgaf who you are, normalizing STDs is not okay no matter how close to a cure the world is. That being said, I'm open to debate.

The law was changed because literally no other disease was a felony to give someone, and it was discouraging people with HIV from receiving testing and treatment to avoid creating a paper trail in case they were accused of infecting someone.

But hey, we could always exile them to islands or give them bells to warn of their approach.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

Why is normalizing STDs not okay? It's wrong to accept people who aren't actually a threat to you? Do you think he's going to be stuffing his infected blood in the food or something?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

Not gonna debate a piece of poo poo. Kick rocks, jerk.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pos my neg foie gras.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean I'm sure there is legit education and discussion to be had around the fact that food prep involves knives and the potential to get cut and get blood in the food, and I'm sure the restaurant will have all kinds of pamphlets and such available to address exactly that point, but that's like ... one item among many to be addressed in the attitude on display

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

The law was changed because literally no other disease was a felony to give someone, and it was discouraging people with HIV from receiving testing and treatment to avoid creating a paper trail in case they were accused of infecting someone.

But hey, we could always exile them to islands or give them bells to warn of their approach.

Perhaps I should look more into that. Thanks for appearing more rational than I.

Did I say kick anyone with an STD out? Did I say bastardize anyone with an STD? No.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Yobgoblin posted:

It sounds like you don’t understand how STDs work, buddy. Do you think the chefs are gonna gently caress the food?

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Data Graham posted:

I mean I'm sure there is legit education and discussion to be had around the fact that food prep involves knives and the potential to get cut and get blood in the food, and I'm sure the restaurant will have all kinds of pamphlets and such available to address exactly that point, but that's like ... one item among many to be addressed in the attitude on display

comedy movie clip. Comedy movie alert. forgive me for worrying a little too much. But i feel there is a grey area where poo poo could go wrong.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 13:21 on Nov 3, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Besesoth posted:

It sounds like you don’t understand how STDs work, buddy. Do you think the chefs are gonna gently caress the food?

WARRIOR hosed THE FOOD

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

WARRIOR hosed THE FOOD

WARRIOR FUCKS FOOD, BADLY

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I have no idea what you were quoting but for me it turned into that old arcade game Gauntlet.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Trig Discipline posted:

Honestly I have no idea what you were quoting but for me it turned into that old arcade game Gauntlet.

That was what I was going for! :hfive:

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Yobgoblin posted:

A person with HIV who takes their meds is no longer contagious. They couldn't infect someone even if they wanted to. The problem with the old law was that a person with HIV could get 10 years for accidentally infecting someone if their disease was documented because any "risky" behavior at all was considered putting the other person at risk. So innocent people where the main target group.

Once you narrrow it down to people purposly neglecting their treatment to be able to infect someone with the goal to shorten their own life considerably in order to infect other people with a no longer deadly disease. The number of perpetrators the old law targeted were few if any.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Plus HIV doesn't live very long outside the body. In terms of STDs it's near the bottom of the list when it comes to food prep as a vector.

Personally, I'm a lot more concerned about hepatitis (even though the risk is very small) and if you won't eat food by someone with hepatitis, then you probably shouldn't eat out since it is pretty widespread.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Thread title has never been more apt

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It sure did make a great scary schoolyard story, you wake up the next morning to find her gone but CONGRATULATIONS YOU NOW HAVE AIDS written on the mirror in lipstick

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I mean, our president is HIV+. Not that having had a gay president fixed homophobia or two black presidents fixed racism, but we should aim to be better than that.

wak
May 8, 2017

D U C K F A L E S .
Pillbug
As long as the chefs don't use the same toilet seats as the patrons I don't see a problem really.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Brb busy, ill get to responding in a few. K?

Shbobdb posted:

I mean, our president is HIV+. Not that having had a gay president fixed homophobia or two black presidents fixed racism, but we should aim to be better than that.

https://youtu.be/6JUQCyx58Ik

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 13:50 on Nov 3, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yobgoblin posted:

Did I say kick anyone with an STD out? Did I say bastardize anyone with an STD? No.

You didn't directly say that, but you're spreading fear that you can't even let people with HIV handle food for fear of giving their customers an incurable disease. It's the same kind of fear mongering that resulted in homosexuals being stigmatized back when AIDS was "the gay disease" and had people spreading rumors that you could catch it by sitting on the toilet seat or that infected needles were being hidden under gas pumps.

Let me ask you this: assuming an HIV+ chef would somehow be capable of spreading HIV to people who eat food prepared by them (which would be a hell of a long shot since it requires direct transmission between bodily fluids and HIV survives for only a few seconds outside of a human body and body temperature), should someone with HIV also be allowed to live with other people and prepare their food? They could infect their whole family! Should they be allowed to eat at buffets if they could accidentally infect a batch of food?

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 14:01 on Nov 3, 2017

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

You didn't directly say that, but you're spreading fear that you can't even let people with HIV handle food for fear of giving their customers an incurable disease. It's the same kind of fear mongering that resulted in homosexuals being stigmatized back when AIDS was "the gay disease" and had people spreading rumors that you could catch it by sitting on the toilet seat or that infected needles were being hidden under gas pumps.

Let me ask you this: assuming an HIV+ chef would somehow be capable of spreading HIV to people who eat food prepared by them (which would be a hell of a long shot since it requires direct transmission between bodily fluids and HIV survives for only a few seconds outside of a human body and body temperature), should someone with HIV also be allowed to live with other people and prepare their food? They could infect their whole family! Should they be allowed to eat at buffets if they could accidentally infect a batch of food?

I'm simply expressing my concerns and working on my irrational fears. RELAX. A more proper reply to this later. jfc...

Besesoth posted:

Yes, I lack the understanding of how it is spread and don't even get me started on "new" hiv strains and the new antibodies that supposedly kill 99% of HIV strains because idk enough yet.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Nov 3, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

I'm simply expressing my concerns and working on my irrational fears. RELAX. A more proper reply to this later. jfc...

Ahh the old "I wasn't even that serious RELAX!" defense. You're an idiot.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

RCarr posted:

Ahh the old "I wasn't even that serious RELAX!" defense. You're an idiot.

stfu, troll. this poo poo is serious. i might just put you on ignore if you can't read.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Nov 3, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Yobgoblin posted:

stfu, troll. this poo poo is serious. i might just put you on ignore if you can't read.

:jerkbag:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
"if you know you have a disease and you give it to somebody you're a criminal" leads directly and logically to "i cannot let myself be tested and treated bc if i know about it im opening myself up to criminal prosecution" and ignorance of infection causes a much worse public health situation, as should be obvious with even a moment's thought by an imbecile

wak
May 8, 2017

D U C K F A L E S .
Pillbug
I lack the understanding but instead of doing research I'm just going to "express my concerns". Pshh, why y'all getting worked up? Buncha trolls. :rolleyes:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

InediblePenguin posted:

"if you know you have a disease and you give it to somebody you're a criminal" leads directly and logically to "i cannot let myself be tested and treated bc if i know about it im opening myself up to criminal prosecution" and ignorance of infection causes a much worse public health situation, as should be obvious with even a moment's thought by an imbecile

This and crime reporting in sanctuary cities and god knows what else, it's all these second-order effects that it seems like ought to be easier to put a big bow on and brand them as HERE IS WHAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO THINK ABOUT, THIS poo poo IS NOT ACTUALLY SO EASY

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow Yobgoblin, thanks for posting in here because you certainly belong in this thread :discourse: From your first post, through to the responses, great work.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Yobgoblin posted:

Maybe if you didn't understand exactly nothing about HIV we'd take your suggestions more seriously.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:lol: he made a thread about it
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839469&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post478020427

Yobgoblin posted:

I'm gonna make this really clear for people, this is a satirical thread. Things here are meant to be jokes on this here comedy forum and anyone who takes this thread seriously is a moron. That being said, let's have some fun!

The discussions of HIV/AIDS on social media is growing more and more. The situation is that there's some new antibodies that can kill 99% of the HIV/AIDS strains and there are restaurants that are gaining support for finding a cure and ending stigma towards the carriers of the disease that are getting a lot of funding for researching a cure.

But let's back up a little bit. What about the 1%?

Dude's gotta be trolling.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

six no substitute posted:

I lack the understanding but instead of doing research I'm just going to "express my concerns". Pshh, why y'all getting worked up? Buncha trolls. :rolleyes:

Fathis Munk posted:

Wow Yobgoblin, thanks for posting in here because you certainly belong in this thread :discourse: From your first post, through to the responses, great work.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Maybe if you didn't understand exactly nothing about HIV we'd take your suggestions more seriously.

suggestions? i wasn't suggesting anything. still researching... please wait. i am trying.

The OP of that thread speaks for itself, you can choose not to be a jackass about it.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Nov 3, 2017

wak
May 8, 2017

D U C K F A L E S .
Pillbug

Yobgoblin posted:

I'm gonna make this really clear for people, this is a satirical thread. Things here are meant to be jokes on this here comedy forum and anyone who takes this thread seriously is a moron. That being said, let's have some fun!

The discussions of HIV/AIDS on social media is growing more and more. The situation is that there's some new antibodies that can kill 99% of the HIV/AIDS strains and there are restaurants that are gaining support for finding a cure and ending stigma towards the carriers of the disease that are getting a lot of funding for researching a cure.

But let's back up a little bit. What about the 1%?
Turns out he's being "satirical". Let's move on.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

Please probate me!

Enjoy :wave:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/926401530013642765

Have y'all heard of this Trump guy?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Destimatizing HIV/AIDS has been a big deal since the loving 80s and Ryan White died basically begging for people to stop treating him like human garbage.

It's lovely to have this 'debate' still going on 25-30 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wak
May 8, 2017

D U C K F A L E S .
Pillbug
Yes, the word is getting out.

It's "gently caress!" and it's in regard to his account being reactivated.