Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mentholmoose posted:

I personally remember trying to figure out what the hell was going on on that goal in 2010, because even the announcers didn't quite realize immediately what happened, and the angle of the goal was so sharp you couldn't really see it on TV. I ended up covering more of the 2010 Cup Final because I paid quite a bit more attention to that one, for obvious reasons. Most of what I saw about the 2013 Final (and the 2015 Final) was in video recaps and summaries afterward, so I wrote mostly about what I knew.

I don't remember where I was during the 2010 finals, but weirdly I remember being instantly sure that Kane scored. I think I started celebrating at the same time as Kane. I don't know what it was, but the area he took the shot from and the fact that it looked on line for me just meant he scored. And then the announcers were saying something about how Kane appeared to be going crazy and I remember thinking "yeah because he just scored the game winning goal!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
World Warriors send:
1925 Gabby "Tomato Face" Hartnett
SD 2nd Rounder

CraigK's Fightin' Solo Mids send:
THE SANDWICH PICK

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
Accepted and by god I'll have churned through this entire roster by the time I'm done

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'll take '25 Lou Gehrig. Pungry is up.

Totally unrelated, but 1993 Fred McGriff and 1989 Mark McGwire are now available for trade, if anybody wants to make an offer.

Spreadsheet Link

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Pungry, I want your pick , what are you looking for ?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shepard.shouldgo posted:

Pungry, I want your pick , what are you looking for ?

:same: but trade with me instead of Shep

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
MIF, mainly. Preferably one that can hit.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Pungry posted:

MIF, mainly. Preferably one that can hit.

Does 1927 Riggs Stephenson, my third round pick and 1973 Joe Torre do anything for you ?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Tsunamis trade pick #15, the current pick, to the Luna Landers for '80 Robin Yount, '38 Buddy Myer, and '11 Jack Coombs.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Pungry posted:

The Tsunamis trade pick #15, the current pick, to the Luna Landers for '80 Robin Yount, '38 Buddy Myer, and '11 Jack Coombs.

Accepted. I will make a pick or another trade within the hour, to keep things moving.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jampact! Before you get a chance to pick, I wanna talk trade with you! Let's make a deal, my dude!

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
The Luna Landers do the most mrnoun thing imaginable and select Kelsie Whitmore '16.

Jampact and the Centralia Corgis are now on the clock.

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

Monathin posted:

Jampact! Before you get a chance to pick, I wanna talk trade with you! Let's make a deal, my dude!

Not a dude, dude. You can message kensei with offers, he has my proxy as I don't get to be online at work...

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jampact posted:

Not a dude, dude. You can message kensei with offers, he has my proxy as I don't get to be online at work...

my mistake, apologies.

But yeah, I'll hit up Kensei for offers.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
:siren: Trade Alert :siren:

Jacksonville Jobbers receive:

1940 Arky Vaughan

Akabira Killer Michaels receive:

1985 Cal Ripken Jr.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

tatankatonk posted:

Jersey City Jobbers receive:

1940 Arky Vaughan

1985 Cal Ripken Jr.

The Jobbers confirm!

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
mentholmoose!

Do you still want to trade for my Super-Draft first round pick?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Milt Thompson posted:

mentholmoose!

Deadford!

I still want to trade for that Bresnahan of yours!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Milt Thompson posted:

mentholmoose!

Yeah, I'll gamble on it. It was Johnson straight for the pick, correct?

If so, a :siren: TRADE! :siren:

I send:

'22 Walter Johnson

The Dragons send:

SD XXI First-Round Pick

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

that's two Johnsons that have gone fore two SD first-rounders

hm

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
Mine was for gabby hartnett and a second SD pick

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

mentholmoose posted:

Yeah, I'll gamble on it. It was Johnson straight for the pick, correct?

If so, a :siren: TRADE! :siren:

I send:

'22 Walter Johnson

The Dragons send:

SD XXI First-Round Pick

I accept gladly! Welcome aboard, Mr Johnson!

TheMcD posted:

Deadford!

I still want to trade for that Bresnahan of yours!

The thing is, I don't know whether you have anyone available that I can use in his place.

Also also,

In which the Milwaukee Protocol comes to the Super-League

starring HulkaMatt, Bob D, Monathin and kensei, and lashings and lashings of lyssavirus.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

A TRADE appears!

Houston Hol Horses send:
'93 Gary Sheffield
'32 Ben Chapman
2002 Todd Helton

Centralia Corgis send:
Pick #16

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

Monathin posted:

A TRADE appears!

Houston Hol Horses send:
'93 Gary Sheffield
'32 Ben Chapman
2002 Todd Helton

Centralia Corgis send:
Pick #16

Approved!

Make that pick...

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Hol Horses draft 1899 Jack Powell and gently chide whoever buried him in the list for trying to hide him.

OrangeKing's up!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Monathin posted:

'32 Ben Chapman

Ah, that famous Philadelphia courtesy.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Merry Marauder posted:

Ah, that famous Philadelphia courtesy.

He's actually been pretty good in limited play for me as a 4th OF sort of guy. Kinda sad to see him go.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I've no doubt, he was just human garbage and an embarrassment to the team I am irrationally fond of.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That's entirely fair, and I respect that opinion.\

e: also ORANGEKING I sent you a PM because I am gripped with Trade MAdness and I want to also talk about getting your pick.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The Merry Marauder posted:

I've no doubt, he was just human garbage and an embarrassment to the team I am irrationally fond of.

If it makes you feel any better, my wife said she felt better about Alan Tudyk dying an embarrassing and pointless death in the Firefly movie after she watched 42.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Same; poor Alan.

Also, I confirm that trade, while I'm here.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

tatankatonk posted:

Jacksonville Jobbers receive:

1940 Arky Vaughan

1985 Cal Ripken Jr.

Is this backwards?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Pander posted:

Is this backwards?

Oops, the trade should be:

Jersey City Jobbers receive:

1985 Cal Ripken Jr.

1940 Arky Vaughan

Armitage fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 30, 2016

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

whoops, thanks for catching that, i was running on 3 hours of sleep

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Since we are apparently doing lots of trades I will give someone both my 4th rounders, my 2nd round SD pick, and some okay not great player for a pick.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Pash posted:

Since we are apparently doing lots of trades I will give someone both my 4th rounders, my 2nd round SD pick, and some okay not great player for a pick.

If you want pick 42 I'd do that deal. What's your definition of okay, not great player?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Want David Price, Chris Sale, Stephen Strasburg, Madison Bumgarner, Jake Arrieta, and Justin Verlander. In that order. Spoken to a few folks about a few of them, others not so much.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
I've got a spare 2013 Verlander, Pander. Interested?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah. Just not sure where fair value is set. I'll look into it tomorrow. If you have a need of abt that value let me know what you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I've got a 1915 Smokey Joe Williams, a 1918 Carl Mays, and a 1924 Carl Mays for sale. These great deadballers can be yours, and all I want in return is your power pitching. Hit me up on Discord or the irc or here