Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
From a guess, it looks like the elevator didn't catch that the lady had left so it expected her weight to be there and just kept pushing up with the force needed to hold the elevator car with her in it stationary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cojawfee posted:

From a guess, it looks like the elevator didn't catch that the lady had left so it expected her weight to be there and just kept pushing up with the force needed to hold the elevator car with her in it stationary.

What

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

The building just got shorter.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The earth experienced one of its regular sinking episodes.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The elevator car below it came up too fast and bumped it out of the way

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Train derails in tunnel, leaking sulfuric acid.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/cn-train-derails-inside-port-huron-to-sarnia-tunnel-1-rail-car-leaking-sulfuric-acid-1.4486750

A CN train derailed inside the Port Huron-to-Sarnia rail tunnel under the St. Clair River Friday morning, with one rail car leaking sulfuric acid.

The rail company said in a statement that about 40 cars derailed in the tunnel, which connects Michigan to Ontario, in “various positions” while “at least one car with dangerous goods is involved.”

CN said in a statement Friday afternoon, a car containing about 52,000 litres of sulfuric acid has leaked as a result of the derailment.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

A nearby overpass was too low and they were fixing that but forgot to exclude the elevator from the list of things to raise

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cojawfee posted:

:pwn:

That is not how any of this works.

wesleywillis posted:

A CN train derailed inside the Port Huron-to-Sarnia rail tunnel under the St. Clair River Friday morning, with one rail car leaking sulfuric acid.

Well, at least it didn't leak any of its cyanide.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

:pwn:

That is not how any of this works.

I know, but that's what it looks like.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sudden gusts of gravity

Happens to me all the time

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Well, at least it didn't leak any of its cyanide.

:golfclap:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The track was wet.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

Train derails in tunnel, leaking sulfuric acid.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/cn-train-derails-inside-port-huron-to-sarnia-tunnel-1-rail-car-leaking-sulfuric-acid-1.4486750

The rail company said in a statement that about 40 cars derailed in the tunnel, which connects Michigan to Ontario, in “various positions” while “at least one car with dangerous goods is involved.”

CN said in a statement Friday afternoon, a car containing about 52,000 litres of sulfuric acid has leaked as a result of the derailment.

just dump some baking soda down there it'll be fine

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Beer_Suitcase posted:

The building just got shorter.

Why can’t they just make the foundation lower?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Meanwhile in Russia, houses abandon their positions and float away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6EQ_mmM5dM

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like a brake failure. The counterweights will pull a car upward, but the door switch should keep it from moving on purpose while open. In a proper system without all kinds of poo poo jumped out, etc.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

The Bloop posted:

Sudden gusts of gravity

Happens to me all the time

These are real things that we can detect now. Of course, they only make you grow and shrink by less than the size of a proton.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Why can’t they just make the foundation lower?

Damnit was coming here to make this joke about the ferry ramp.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/9XPE3yq.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdwOX3xhZYc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
She apparently asked what he does for his job. Now she knows, he fucks that tank.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

The Adidas stripes are a nice touch.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZIjbX1gj88

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Aww that's the cutest Demon Core I've ever seen!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mng posted:

Aww that's the cutest Demon Core I've ever seen!

Thanks to our own Queen Combat, you can get this on your choice of clothing!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Memento posted:

Thanks to our own Queen Combat, you can get this on your choice of clothing!

Oh that's awesome, I may need a sticker. Thanks QC!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Welp, here's a local news kindly translated by Google... savusauna is a type of sauna where the stove is first heated for hours and there is no chimney so the smoke heats the room up, then smoke is vented out and it will stay hot for the rest of the day.

A Man Hospitalized After a Man in Bikini Throws a Bucketful of Water in Smoke Sauna

The smoke sauna at the schlager music festival in Himos turned into a dangerous inferno on Saturday afternoon. The 32-year-old Timo Kangastie from Alajärvi sat on the lower bench opposite the stove when an unknown man came into the sauna.

- He was in a humorous mood and was wearing bikini. The man went to the upper bench, and we could not guess that he would take the pail and empty its water on the stove.

Kangastie tells us that the body of steam got the hatch of the stove to explode open, and the burning hot steam came on him.

- It was like a furnace. I remember the heat coming from my right. It felt like I was burning to that place and rushed out.

- When I ran out, I also got a burn in my face.

"He came to say 'sorry'"

In the courtyard, people noticed the plight of the Kangastie and took him to the lake to cool the injuries. A few people on the spot went to the water with the Kangastie, and held him, so that he would not perish if the pain made him unconscious.

There was a lifeboat at some distance, which was called in, Kangastie says. An ambulance was called from the boat.

- I had severe pains.

Kangastie tells us that a man who threw water to the stove left a sauna after the incident.

- When I came up from the lake, he came to say that sorry, he threw the water. I could not speak to him. I said never mind it and I went to the cold shower. Others scolded him.

According to Kangastie, there were finally several guards on the scene. He guesses they took the man away from the sauna.

Report of the crime committed

First Kangastie was taken to hospital in Jyväskylä, but due to congestion he was transferred to Jorvi Hospital in the capital region.

He says he has suffered first and second degree burns around his body.

- The right foot and face are in the worst condition. The left leg has a mild burn. There are also burns in the upper jaw. The pains are still quite tough, says Kangastie, who was out of the hospital with painkillers on Sunday.

He immediately left for train to Jämsä. The intention is to go to Himos to discuss out the case. Kangastie has filed a crime report on the incident.

- The police visited me at a hospital in Jyväskylä. Interviewed me immediately.

The Inner Finland Police Department confirms that a criminal record has been made. Criminal offense has been recorded as Causing Injury.

Summer plans renewed

Kangastie is wondering who is responsible for what happened. He is also interested in the reason why the stove hatch came off.

- It shouldn't fly open that way. It literally exploded away.

According to Kangastie, the sauna should have had some sort of sauna guard.

It takes weeks to heal burns. It is not yet fully known how well injuries begin to heal. The first control visit is a few days away.

However, it is certain that Kangastie's summer plans will be renewed. He is an avid dancer and has been given a nickname 'dancing ambassador' by friends. He had gone to Himos because of the dance possibilities.

- For almost three months I have been dancing every single day. My intention is to tour all the Finnish dance halls. There are over 350 of them.

(those last two lines are cursed btw. Finnish schlager dance halls are worse than being burned to death)

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
So I take it that water is never supposed to go anywhere near the stove in those types of saunas, hence the energetic disassembly?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nenonen posted:

In the courtyard, people noticed the plight of the Kangastie and took him to the lake to cool the injuries. A few people on the spot went to the water with the Kangastie, and held him, so that he would not perish if the pain made him unconscious.

Sounds like a good way to get an infection.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Serephina posted:

So I take it that water is never supposed to go anywhere near the stove in those types of saunas, hence the energetic disassembly?

You throw water on the rocks, BUT controllably with a tiny laddle, not a 10 litre pail at once. The smoke sauna stove contains enough energy to instantly vaporize all of that water. This can potentially damage the stove and certainly burn anyone in the sauna.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Nenonen posted:

You throw water on the rocks, BUT controllably with a tiny laddle, not a 10 litre pail at once. The smoke sauna stove contains enough energy to instantly vaporize all of that water. This can potentially damage the stove and certainly burn anyone in the sauna.

i think its more likely that the stove was older type of stove which had water boiler attached to it. The water boiler exploded because of thermal stress caused by large amounts of cool water poured into it.
regular Sauna just doesn't explode into mass of steam, and it doesnt have a hatch covering the stones

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dark Off posted:

i think its more likely that the stove was older type of stove which had water boiler attached to it. The water boiler exploded because of thermal stress caused by large amounts of cool water poured into it.
regular Sauna just doesn't explode into mass of steam, and it doesnt have a hatch covering the stones

The fireplace hatch.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Dark Off posted:

Usually a smoke sauna doesn't have a water boiler directly in it, but who knows, there are many types of sauna stoves? Here's one type with and without a boiler:

This one takes 500 kg of stones that are heated. For comparison, my little electric sauna contains 20 kg of stones. Half a ton of hot rocks is going to turn a bucket of water into a room full of hot steam. Water in a water boiler is not going to instantly evaporate from opening the hatch. I'm not even sure what the meaning of the hatch popping open is in this case, it's not like they were burning wood in the smoke sauna when people were bathing there because then people would suffocate in smoke, there's no chimney.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

- He was in a humorous mood and was wearing bikini. The man went to the upper bench, and we could not guess that he would take the pail and empty its water on the stove.

Kangastie tells us that the body of steam got the hatch of the stove to explode open, and the burning hot steam came on him.

- It was like a furnace. I remember the heat coming from my right. It felt like I was burning to that place and rushed out.

Hällo, I'm Jönni Knūsvill an this is sauna bømb!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Awwww, they're stuck together.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Load bearing truckwall

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

You think they would have finished letting them past before they went and raised the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'd imagine the first guy was like "hah, he got stuck, what an idiot, luckily my truck is one inch lower and *schrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrch*"

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 30, 2019