Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
sadly youtube has not yet figured out how to play sounds with the screen off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's a great scene but I don't know if michael clayton really got a good enough admission of guilt in the last scene to definitely sink tilda swinton, like it seems to want you to think.

Our hopes for this to be a deadwood thread in 2023 failed utterly but surely in 2024 clayton posting will dominate

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Everyone get your spiciest Clayton takes ready for when the ball drops nye

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

RealityWarCriminal posted:

That's a YouTube Premium feature.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You can if you pay for YouTube premium from India via a vpn for like $2 a month.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yeah i use revanced for that

youtube is awful for podcast content though, specifically for that reason. these video essayists would be better off elsewhere

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That’s why we here at the RLM Thread support NEBULA.

NEBULA: a video streaming service/rehab center for abused and mistreated content creators

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arc Hammer posted:

They have another tape from Jimmy the Scot thst they haven't watched yet.

Is Jimmy The Scott supposed to be a parody/ripoff of Jommy The Greek? We'll never know

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

poisonpill posted:

Everyone get your spiciest Clayton takes ready for when the ball drops nye

The assassination scene is creepy, Tilda earned that Oscar with her shaking in fear during that final conversation but George Clooney still can’t act beyond “I am Ocean’s Eleven Man”

3.5/5. You’re welcome. Don’t report this post.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Endless Trash posted:

That’s why we here at the RLM Thread support NEBULA.

NEBULA: a video streaming service/rehab center for abused and mistreated content creators
yup.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Is Paddington 2 really that much better than Paddington 1? Nobody ever talks about Paddington 1. Is it alright just to skip that? Ive got 24 hours left to watch Paddington 2 before MAX gets rid of it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
oh before this thread closes, did any of you happen to repost this anywhere?
just curious

I was going through my imgur uploads and happened to notice it has like 30 times as many views than most things I post itt. they normally top out around 300, this one was over... thirty times that much
but imgur seems to have removed its analytics tools and google removed its link: search operator so it's kind of hard to see where something has been posted

who took my mp4
who found my mp4
love terry

p.s. it's from The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. classic Ray Harryhausen. I would have given credit if I knew it was going to escape my silly little shitpost!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why do monsters always have to be so rude, they show up and just start attacking things

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't think this thread need to be rebooted just because it's a new year.

And for another tale in the 'streaming sucks' category: I started watching St. Elsewhere on Hulu. I kept noticing that some of the stories weren't being resolved or characters were coming/going suddenly. I looked closer at the episodes on Hulu and it turns out they're missing quite a few episodes. That's pretty lovely for a show that's serialized. I actually had to pirate the show just so I can fill in these gaps. gently caress streaming. Physical media forever.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
:rip: those lightkeepers

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jose Oquendo posted:

And for another tale in the 'streaming sucks' category: I started watching St. Elsewhere on Hulu. I kept noticing that some of the stories weren't being resolved or characters were coming/going suddenly. I looked closer at the episodes on Hulu and it turns out they're missing quite a few episodes. That's pretty lovely for a show that's serialized. I actually had to pirate the show just so I can fill in these gaps. gently caress streaming. Physical media forever.

The missing episodes are the ones where they did blackface. :eng101:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

https://newpipe.net/

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I looked on Wikipedia and I think one of them is removed due to music rights (ZZ Top). Another removed one has a TON of cameos from other TV shows, so it could be some weird rights issue. And since this is the RLM thread, I have to connect it to Star Trek. A young Alfre Woodard is good in this show. She has a great presence even this early in her career.

Also David Morse's character is basically the Miles O'Brien of the show. I really think the DS9 writers were thinking this when writing the character. They share a similar physical appearance and they both constantly get poo poo on the entire series.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

How often did they do that?!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jose Oquendo posted:

lol at pretending episodes of your TV show never existed so you can act like you’ve never done wrong if anyone asks

Edit: did the show even get a full dvd set? This site looks like a scam or something

https://dvdathon.com/st-elsewhere-complete-series/

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 31, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Jose Oquendo posted:

I’ve also noticed there has been dialogue changes for some shows and they just change it like I won’t notice. Bitch I’ve watched American dad 1000000 times I know when a line is missing

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

priznat posted:

How often did they do that?!

There’s quite a few Always Sunny episodes missing from Hulu because of blackface and/or Latina-face. Like at least one per season of the first ten or so seasons. :yikeseroo:

There’s even a two-parter where part two is missing because of it!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

I’ve also noticed there has been dialogue changes for some shows and they just change it like I won’t notice. Bitch I’ve watched American dad 1000000 times I know when a line is missing

I don't know if it's the case there, but I know sometimes a streaming service gets the TV syndication versions of episodes, which do cut things for time. Another instance of physical media having the complete episodes in most cases.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't know if it's the case there, but I know sometimes a streaming service gets the TV syndication versions of episodes, which do cut things for time. Another instance of physical media having the complete episodes in most cases.

I know this is a very rare situation, but the Friends bluray box uses the cut down syndicated versions. I wouldn’t even buy a friends box set anyways and even I’m disgusted!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

I know this is a very rare situation, but the Friends bluray box uses the cut down syndicated versions. I wouldn’t even buy a friends box set anyways and even I’m disgusted!

That's really fuckin weird. Does the streaming version have the complete episodes? If not, it's pretty wild that one of the most popular sitcoms ever will forever be watchable in an incomplete form.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

There’s quite a few Always Sunny episodes missing from Hulu because of blackface and/or Latina-face. Like at least one per season of the first ten or so seasons. :yikeseroo:

There’s even a two-parter where part two is missing because of it!

While I understand why they might not want those episodes available the blackface jokes in Always Sunny were good jokes about how insane and racist rhe characters are :shrug:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

Why do monsters always have to be so rude, they show up and just start attacking things
wow, okay Kent Mansley from the 1999 cartoon film The Iron Giant, voice of Christopher McDonald

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

killers of the flower moon would be a much better film if it had an hour cut from it. still liked it though.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I did t want to say it but I feel like Scorsese could use tighter editing for the last few movies. Ever since Thelma Schoonmaker died :(

QuaidInACage
Dec 31, 2023

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 31, 2023

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

She’s not really dead, but she’s lost a step for sure

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

QuaidInACage posted:

Maurice Hines, who played the tap dancer in the Francis Ford Coppola film The Cotton Club died as well.

https://www.variety.com/2023/film/news/maurice-hines-dead-cotton-club-1235858674/

Stop wasting good usernames rear end in a top hat

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are the episodes missing from hulu available on Disney Plus in Canada?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

X JAKK posted:

Is Paddington 2 really that much better than Paddington 1? Nobody ever talks about Paddington 1. Is it alright just to skip that? Ive got 24 hours left to watch Paddington 2 before MAX gets rid of it

Paddington is also a wonderful film, but the sequel is better and you needn't have seen the first one to enjoy it

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

All you need to know for the beginning of the second one is that Metal Paddington escapes containment at the end of the first one and no one knows where it went

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

All you need to know for the beginning of the second one is that Metal Paddington escapes containment at the end of the first one and no one knows where it went

You forgot about the time travel

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Have you ever considered it from the monster's perspective?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

poisonpill posted:

Thelma Schoonmaker died :(
if you posted this to make me sad for a couple seconds before I googled it, good job

if you posted it because you actually thought she was dead and didn't edit Killers of the Flower Moon, I have good news and bad news

if you were joking, I definitely understood the joke haha that was a good one

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I generally don't watch too many other movie review channels but this one. I did get a recommendation for one recently that is pretty drat good. He's younger and does a lot of breakdowns for movies that he saw when he was a kid (think 2006 era) and it gives an interesting look into why he liked the movies.

He did all the transformers movies and those were good breakdowns IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

While I understand why they might not want those episodes available the blackface jokes in Always Sunny were good jokes about how insane and racist rhe characters are :shrug:

It’s the Archie Bunker/Cartman effect; you write characters meant to be funny because they’re so awful, and morons think they’re funny because they’re awesome and imitate them.