Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I'm Ron Burgundy??

Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/oEeeHQx.mp4

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

that'll show him for unloading the fryer oil while it was still hot

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
High school students in Australia are doing their final exams and a bunch of English students took a real disliking to a particular poem by an indigenous poet they had to analyse as part of their exam and decided to memelord the gently caress out of it on social media, comparing the author to a chimpanzee at a typewriter, calling her a coon and an abo and apparently some even sent abusive messages to her directly. The posts were publicly viewable.

So that's not going well for them.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
'Freude from history

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I can't really condone this. Mostly because there is nothing funnier than the day after an election when all of these signs are completely gone. While Trump rightfully inspires a lot of hate, it's something else when you go to work early in the morning and see these redfaced assholes fuming with defeat slink out to grab the sign and take them inside. I remember it fondly in 2012 when some guy with a big Romney sign (that was put out after the first debate) had to schlep that back in with all the grace of a man defeated on some deep, basic level. And I've seen Trump supporters with much, much bigger signs.

So don't let your hate get to you. You want revenge? Grab your phone and go outside and wait to see how many signs are still out right after midnight. That's when you can hear the swearing of the impotent loser as they try to salvage their dignity by pretending the sign was never there at all. It's beautiful to behold.

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

'Freude from history

The Hillary toxx thread is great for election freude posts like this.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776185&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Things start to go south around page 78.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

High school students in Australia are doing their final exams and a bunch of English students took a real disliking to a particular poem by an indigenous poet they had to analyse as part of their exam and decided to memelord the gently caress out of it on social media, comparing the author to a chimpanzee at a typewriter, calling her a coon and an abo and apparently some even sent abusive messages to her directly. The posts were publicly viewable.

So that's not going well for them.

Of course they were taken out of context. Of course they had no racist intent. Of course they're mad that their noble memes were "misinterpreted". Of course it was just them expressing their "frustration".

If it was a public page I don't know why SBS is blacking out the names of the posters. Name and shame the little shits (lol as if they can feel shame)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Weatherman posted:

Of course they were taken out of context. Of course they had no racist intent. Of course they're mad that their noble memes were "misinterpreted". Of course it was just them expressing their "frustration".

If it was a public page I don't know why SBS is blacking out the names of the posters. Name and shame the little shits (lol as if they can feel shame)

Their excuse involving the million monkey theorem would at least have had the semblance of a leg to stand on if they hadn't shown a single loving monkey on a single loving type writer and said it was the author.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Renegret posted:

oh boy a cop de-lane

Ftfy

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

that'll show him for unloading the fryer oil while it was still hot

I had a manager that would do this. He was one of the worst managers I ever had. And one of the few human beings on the planet that I actually hate.

He only had the job coz his mum owned the business and he was basically unemployable- he'd be really inappropriate with the underage waitresses, rude to the customers, take money from the till and go to the pub and come back drunk and throw things around. He also hosed over me and half my friend group in various ways. Total poo poo stain.

So when he kept doing it and getting burnt it was a nice source of 'freude for me.

I finished that job in 2004 and went back recently, he was still there, trapped, hating his mum and being surly. :feelsgood:

Rondette has a new favorite as of 10:32 on Oct 17, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

nevermind

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Rondette posted:

I had a manager that would do this. He was one of the worst managers I ever had. And one of the few human beings on the planet that I actually hate.

He only had the job coz his mum owned the business and he was basically unemployable- he'd be really inappropriate with the underage waitresses, rude to the customers, take money from the till and go to the pub and come back drunk and throw things around. He also hosed over me and half my friend group in various ways. Total poo poo stain.

So when he kept doing it and getting burnt it was a nice source of 'freude for me.

I finished that job in 2004 and went back recently, he was still there, trapped, hating his mum and being surly. :feelsgood:

Ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilSERV05X8

verymoldy has a new favorite as of 11:21 on Oct 17, 2017

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Their excuse involving the million monkey theorem would at least have had the semblance of a leg to stand on if they hadn't shown a single loving monkey on a single loving type writer and said it was the author.
maybe they're better at discerning one-drop than I am, but the author of that poem looks... shockingly white? as in, not even a contender for most racial slurs aimed at black people.

These little fuckers should fail their exams for making racist memes that make no goddamn sense.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't seem to find the poem. Kinda wanna read it now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can't seem to find the poem. Kinda wanna read it now.

You mean you can't seem to be able to pirate the poem? :smugmrgw:

You wouldn't download a poem!

e: It's readily available on Amazon as a real adult book or as one of those kindle things children use. Took all of two seconds to google it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Schlub Husband posted:

The Hillary toxx thread is great for election freude posts like this.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776185&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Things start to go south around page 78.

There's a guy who permatoxxed and survived.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

You mean you can't seem to be able to pirate the poem? :smugmrgw:

You wouldn't download a poem!

e: It's readily available on Amazon as a real adult book or as one of those kindle things children use. Took all of two seconds to google it.

What, is it like the Iliad or something? I thought poems were basically free.

edit:
Alternatively, it can't be that good if it can't be pirated!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Exploding brain: intellectual property isn't real.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Volcott posted:

Exploding brain: intellectual property isn't real.

Text, however, is.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sestze posted:

maybe they're better at discerning one-drop than I am, but the author of that poem looks... shockingly white? as in, not even a contender for most racial slurs aimed at black people.

Australian Aboriginal melatonin is a recessive gene.

When early European settlers to Australia were no longer able to round Aboriginal peoples up and shoot them with impunity* or poison their billabongs with arsenic**, they took to "breeding the black out of them for their own good."

Children were removed en mass from their families and put in church run facilities which - no matter how bad you think they might have been - were worse.

They had their past and culture taken from them, were given new European names and many sent off alone to work on outback stations to eventually marry white settlers.

To this day, this country has some profound racism towards Aboriginal people, especially those with lighter skin*** with many people saying they're faking being Aboriginal in a perverse reversal of the old 'paper bag test'.

* There are almost no Tasmanian Aboriginals because the settlers effectively formed into one big line straddling the island and rode from one end to the other killing every Aboriginal person they saw.

*** Gigantic shitheel media personality Andrew Bolt was the first "journalist" to be convicted of racial vilification over his remarks about light skinned Aboriginal Elders "choosing" to be Aboriginal.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Oct 17, 2017

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/v1uQN1i.mp4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Haha, that's like when you take a joke too far with a guy you just met at a party.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

Besesoth posted:

Calling trans people "it" is an incredibly common slur. Defending that behavior isn't a good look.

That's funny because TB got furious with another poster over them making some minor disagreement with her (about average heights in populations, clearly something that deserves a lot of rage) and started using insults about genital size and when another trans poster pointed out the person she was yelling at was a trans man and in general it would be nice not to hurl insults based on genitals at people because this is can be a sensitive topic for trans people she didn't acknowledge it in any way - much like that mod didn't want to acknowledge the he/she/it thing could be insensitive.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

This looks like a Panera Bread, or maybe a Starbucks, and it was likely one of their teas. Dude needs some better no slip shoes, geezus, and to you know, maybe accept help from a woman.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

iospace posted:

I treat people who revere the flag the same way I do with people who revere guns.

Like they're batshit crazy.

Funny how there seems to be an awful lot of crossover between the two.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Transmogrifier posted:

This looks like a Panera Bread, or maybe a Starbucks, and it was likely one of their teas. Dude needs some better no slip shoes, geezus, and to you know, maybe accept help from a woman.

Dude needs to lift. That's what, a couple gallons of tea at the most?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I take pleasure in inter-forum slapfights over bullshit. The schadenfreude is coming from inside the thread.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Maybe, but it looks like the top of the tank for the tea is above his shoulders. All the more reason he should have been accepting help; he was on his loving tiptoes from the looks of it.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Shouldn't be lifting it above shoulder height or away from his body.

^^^^^^

Transmogrifier has a new favorite as of 14:40 on Oct 17, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Shouldn't be lifting it above shoulder height or away from his body.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Fun facts, 5 gallons of soda syrup is like 50 some pounds.

Ask me how I know this.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Funny how there seems to be an awful lot of crossover between the two.

I know, right?

Transmogrifier posted:

I work at a job like this. Non-slips are your friends and many places will flat out deny you compensation if you slip and fall without them.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

iospace posted:

Ask me how I know this.

Were you the one in that video?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

What makes non-slip shoes special? Are they actually made out of a different kind of rubber or something or is it just a label they slap on the box so that employers can require it so you can get scammed out of extra money? I work at a place with lots of poo poo to slip and fall in and I've never heard of "non-slip" being a specific kind of shoe.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dizz posted:

Were you the one in that video?

I lift them as part of my job (read: that's not me).

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

What makes non-slip shoes special? Are they actually made out of a different kind of rubber or something or is it just a label they slap on the box so that employers can require it so you can get scammed out of extra money? I work at a place with lots of poo poo to slip and fall in and I've never heard of "non-slip" being a specific kind of shoe.

It's a different pattern on the bottom. It may be a different rubber compound, but the "tread" is definitely different.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

I work at a job like this. Non-slips are your friends and many places will flat out deny you compensation if you slip and fall without them.

I used to work at a Panera Bread and I often had to fill the tea/lemonade machines in the same manner. I'm 5'1" so it was even harder, which is why I'm chiding him for not accepting the help either.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It's definitely not a scam. I went to work in my regular shoes a few times and I definitely slipped here and there, thankfully nothing serious. It's for food industry specifically because the combination of liquids and smashed food on the tile can send you on your back.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Food industry, health industry (especially hospitals), and a few others it's a necessity.

Also during the winter when water keeps on getting tracked in from snow they're a gods send.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm pretty sure no-slips work the way they do from a combination of tire-like treading and a flat bottom giving more surface-area contact between the shoe and the floor. You sacrifice comfort, usually, but it does make a huge difference when you're working in a food prep area. Even something as simple as a grocery deli section has more slip hazards than you might imagine.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The bottom of my non-slips, for what it's worth:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
The place I work brought in a "office shoe" policy. You know, the shiny flat shoes?

This isn't an office. It's a showroom/salesfloor! There's no carpet! Every single floor is polished tile/lino. It's only been awhile but 3 people have already buggered over, bad enough to require time off work. But hey at least the workers are looking spiffy while they're laid on their rear end! :)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ak Gara posted:

The place I work brought in a "office shoe" policy. You know, the shiny flat shoes?

This isn't an office. It's a showroom/salesfloor! There's no carpet! Every single floor is polished tile/lino. It's only been awhile but 3 people have already buggered over, bad enough to require time off work. But hey at least the workers are looking spiffy while they're laid on their rear end! :)

Do they mandate leather soles? There's dress shoes with low profile rubber soles out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

iospace posted:

Fun facts, 5 gallons of soda syrup is like 50 some pounds.

Lol its like 40 pounds