Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

interesting info leaking out

https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1043882692666744832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finally we're getting a real chicken Pokemon.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

your avatar is coo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Evil Eagle posted:

Finally we're getting a real chicken Pokemon.

combusken bitch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

combusken bitch

I said real chicken

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Evil Eagle posted:

I said real chicken

Tapu Koko

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You win this round...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

skarmory always reminds me of the metal chikcen from sonic

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Late to the Charjabug is great party, but it really is, and I have a plush one. I was shocked to find a high quality one at GameStop, and it was the plushest Pokemon plush there. :3:

Also it pisses me off that it evolves from a strong physical attacker to a special attacker. Next time I run through Moon, may just not evolve mine. Very usable anyway.

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009

Spatula City posted:

Also it pisses me off that it evolves from a strong physical attacker to a special attacker. Next time I run through Moon, may just not evolve mine. Very usable anyway.

I wouldn't call 82 ATK a "strong" physical attacker in the post-Gen 5 era. It's weird that it would lose points in ATK going from stage 2 to stage 3 though.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RyuHimora posted:

I wouldn't call 82 ATK a "strong" physical attacker in the post-Gen 5 era. It's weird that it would lose points in ATK going from stage 2 to stage 3 though.

I’m pretty sure 82 is still respectable for a second stage guy ingame, assuming it’s something that’s gonna evolve at some point. And it’s not the weirdest thing in the world, Trapinch loses 30 base attack when it evolves into Vibara and goes back to its base 100 as Flygon. And Volcorona does the same thing. And Litten goes from being a mixed sweeper to a physical tank.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Make me chief gameplay rebalancer of Pokemon, and I pledge to unfuck the Deino line's evolution levels, make Dark resist Fairy, and give Hydreigon Quiver Dance.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That would be great and all but my hydreigon 'Dank Pulse' is already choice specs'd

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
wow I have so many choice ideas in my post history here. check out dragon/poison + recover + calm mind goodra, or making bug resist ghost while taking away fairy's bug resistance

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
But how will I know a Pokémon is from Black and White if it doesn't evolve at level 76

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Please also make Noibat evolve sooner, it's so incredibly useless until it evolves.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
how about make literally every Black/White Pokemon outside the starters evolve at 1/2 the level they do.

god gently caress Gen V

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ah yes I too hate an entire game because a couple of mons evolve late

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Can I hate gen 7 because everyone has a single digit speed stat?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

OgreNoah posted:

Please also make Noibat evolve sooner, it's so incredibly useless until it evolves.

Noibat is just as useful as Noivern. They both fill their spots in my living dex box just fine.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Please don't fix anything. Every gen I get a massive kick out of playing "spot the crippling issue" when it comes to using Pokemon introduced in said gen. Like the gen V evolution levels. Or the Gen VII low speed on everything. Or the Gen 2 distribution (okay didn't notice it then but still funny to me).

Wonder what they'll gently caress up in Gen8.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
All gen8 pokemon will look like gen1 pokemon with bits of scrap stuck to them

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurieg posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kikas posted:

Please don't fix anything. Every gen I get a massive kick out of playing "spot the crippling issue" when it comes to using Pokemon introduced in said gen. Like the gen V evolution levels. Or the Gen VII low speed on everything. Or the Gen 2 distribution (okay didn't notice it then but still funny to me).

Wonder what they'll gently caress up in Gen8.

It's an even gen so they'll add something and make it nearly to completely unusable until the postgame (in order: Dark types, evolutions of old Pokemon, Mega Evolutions).

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kurieg posted:

Alolan Raichu, the only one that matters, has a very good speed stat. It also has an ability to double its speed in Electric Terrain. Gotta go fast.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Salazzle is faster than Surfchu without its ability active.

And there's Pheremosa if you really want to be cheeky.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

What exactly is the problem with there being lots of slow alolan pokemon? You aren't loving playing competitive on your normal-rear end game playthroughs, slow mons are just fine and actually make the game more interesting because it's harder to completely stomp encounters before they even get a move off.

By the way, if you don't play on SET battle rules you're a coward.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Amppelix posted:

What exactly is the problem with there being lots of slow alolan pokemon? You aren't loving playing competitive

Until you are and suddenly that's a very real downside

I cannot understand this

E: Oh it's the scouting utility

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 24, 2018

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1044323144998297601

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

oh cool I've always wanted to catch my own pokemon again

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So it's Pal Park? I guess it's better than some finicky minigame.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Is that Incineroar Smogon screenshot real?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shneak posted:

incineroar is real drat good in VGC, i'd believe it's real

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Shneak posted:

Yup. But it must be stressed out that this is in doubles, and with Intimidate. He's just a way better Arcanine.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I remember him being popular in this last World Championships but didn't realize he was that popular.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spatula City posted:

Late to the Charjabug is great party, but it really is, and I have a plush one. I was shocked to find a high quality one at GameStop, and it was the plushest Pokemon plush there. :3:

It is a really great plush, it is the only one I own (although now that I have one I could see getting another but I don't know which).

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Shneak posted:

I remember him being popular in this last World Championships but didn't realize he was that popular.

The only reason why Incineroar is popular is because Rowlet evolves

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 25, 2018

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Popularity doesn't translate to usage, or we'd all have Landorus-T plushes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lezard_valeth posted:

Decidueye loving owns though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

lezard_valeth posted:

Real barn owlets can only wish they were this cute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtPxBu-Jkjo