Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLDA70ZvbU&t=0s

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Haha!! He's not just a placeholder for the stupid chameleon trash, he's a very real good Pokemon!!!

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Can't believe they're putting this much effort into the damage control for their invisible Kecleon placeholder.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Shame that it's a Mythical Pokemon, I wanna see it evolve! Though with Poipole and Cosmog, I guess evolving legendaries are a thing now.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Between this and the PlayStation Mini I guess this is just the year of hoaxes that are actually real now?

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Is no one gonna comment on how the one guy is clearly talking to a really uncanny valley Professor Oak AI and not actually professor oak? Cause that definitely was not professor Oak, he wasn't even the same style as the Pokemon Go professor artwork.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

FelicityGS posted:

Is no one gonna comment on how the one guy is clearly talking to a really uncanny valley Professor Oak AI and not actually professor oak? Cause that definitely was not professor Oak, he wasn't even the same style as the Pokemon Go professor artwork.

It's like Mario Odyssey, there are real humans in the world of Pokemon, and then there's the weird goblins from Kanto.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww, I like that little weird metal gremlin. Cute little weirdo :3:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The Pokemon Go style for humans is bad, and even worse when they're made to interact with actual Pokemon characters.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The official LGPE website posted:

Most of Meltan’s body is made from liquid metal, and its shape is very fluid. It can use its liquid arms and legs to corrode metal and absorb it into its own body.

Meltan generates electricity using the metal it absorbs from outside sources. It uses this electricity as an energy source and also as an attack that can be fired from its eye.

Clearly a curious Pokémon, Meltan is very expressive and shows an interest in all kinds of things.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 25, 2018

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's ridiculous and awesome at the same time. :allears:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

shaped like a friend

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

the terminator but cute :kimchi:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i hope it evolves but it’s cool still

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Are we sure Meltan isn't just a Ditto that has a giant nut as a hat?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gruckles posted:

The Pokemon Go style for humans is bad, and even worse when they're made to interact with actual Pokemon characters.

I'd much rather have the Go style than the LGPE style where everyone is a weird super-deformed mutant. And I'd rather have the normal style to them both. Both looked awful here.

Not Meltan though, Meltan is very cute and would be good if it wasn't another of Pokemon's worst idea, Mythicals. But at least it is cute.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Geostomp posted:

Are we sure Meltan isn't just a Ditto that has a giant nut as a hat?

It'd be a neat change of pace if, instead of giving you Meltan, they give you a mythical item that evolves a ditto of your choice into Meltan.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Meltan basically represents everything I love in poke-design, it's a dumb, weird idea with a weirdly thought out backstory and it's cute as gently caress and I want ten

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

FelicityGS posted:

That's just Oak from Let's Go. Dunno why they decided to mix the artstyles, probably a cost-saving measure since they already had these models

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I would like a plushy Meltan

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

McDragon posted:

I would like a plushy Meltan

https://twitter.com/BoiraPlushies/status/1044588209273884672

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Pure steel with electric coverage huh?

... Wait are there any other pure steel types?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Kikas posted:

Registeel

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Kikas posted:

klink line

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kikas posted:

Mega Aggron

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Red Metal posted:

klink line

These get electric coverage, too! hopefully meltin' nut gets access to Shift Gear to at least be pretty good

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, internet people work fast. Hope there's lots of official stuff too. A huge plushy at least. Several.

I wonder how they did the eye

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

McDragon posted:

Ha, internet people work fast. Hope there's lots of official stuff too. A huge plushy at least. Several.

I wonder how they did the eye

It looks like it's suspended between four different spots on the inside of the nut with fishing line.

Sadly, I doubt official merch will go through this sort of effort. He'll just be looking to one side so they can attach the eye to the side of the nut.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

oddium posted:

i hope it evolves but it’s cool still

It'll make a Pinocchio-style wish to become a real 'mon and turn into a ditto

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
dees nuts

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1044723448096813056

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
"this is sad day" - the heavy, tf2

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Floette is the only -ette I aceptte

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
The new Pokemon is like the very definition of :effort:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

It probably evolves into something with a more coherent theme. As of now, it’s basically a blob of mercury, a giant hexagonal nut, and a small length of red electrical wire (?).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Yeah it was a smart move of them to debut it in a game with only gen1 designs so it at least looks good in comparison.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Geostomp posted:

It probably evolves into something with a more coherent theme. As of now, it’s basically a blob of mercury, a giant hexagonal nut, and a small length of red electrical wire (?).

It's a Mythical, it won't evolve.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah it was a smart move of them to debut it in a game with only gen1 designs so it at least looks good in comparison.

What do you mean? Gen 1 has such inspired designs! Like Dugtrio, or Magneton, or Muk...

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's a Mythical, it won't evolve.

People said the same about legendaries and then Cosmog happened.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the design is great except for the stupid tail. that detail really screams "justifying my position"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the weird people who dont like gen 1 designs are just as bad as the people who only like gen 1 designs. maybe worse