Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol the DEA would never allow this to happen. I was just saying somewhere about the amp shortages that it really is baffling that anything that'd improve productivity would be prohibited instead of mandatory
At prescribed doses, it helps people with ADHD. For people with normal brain function (whatever that means), it's just taking amphetamines that haven't been cut with random poo poo and causes the opposite effect.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Can we connect some portals to places that aren't full of white people or are the Americans afraid they might come in through the portal?
We had one at an old job that was in a shipping container, and we got to talk with people in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It was pretty cool to talk with people halfway around the world and talk about our hobbies, what's in the news, pretty much small talk but across continents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
i can't believe i'm seeing a CCTV in tyool 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pygmy tyrant posted:

It's been like a decade since I read about this but from what I remember brominated fire retardants used to treat furniture have issues with offgassing bromine radicals under normal household conditions that are also linked to cancer.

Oprah giving everybody cancer

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Dublin ftw

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ol qwerty bastard posted:

i know "literally a black mirror episode" is overplayed but...

like you meet someone online and then go on dates, having a long relationship sharing your souls to each other and then right as your propose on a beach an alert goes off that you two are a match and both of you blink out of existence as the "real" you gets an alert on their phone that a connection has been made.

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

https://youtu.be/QKZNOnLUBmQ?si=6VQsVVoQuu8oDJqM

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

silentsnack posted:

"what? that's absurd" isn't really a defense though, just an indication that reality sounds stupider than fiction
"That's absurd and therefore I declare it not true with 0 research" is stupid and dumb and those posters are stupid and dumb and can go gently caress themselves :)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

spechtie posted:

:actually:

it mentions scraped knees, abrasions and the rubber getting into wounds a whole bunch of times as one of the ways people get the poo poo in their body.

hmm, so it does. thanks!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Splicer posted:

"That's absurd and therefore I declare it not true with 0 research" is stupid and dumb and those posters are stupid and dumb and can go gently caress themselves :)

yeah, not disagreeing with you. I was just pointing out that making an extraordinary claim without something to back it up, and then calling the skeptics shills/trolls/etc, does not make for a very persuasive argument.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why make persuasive arguments when you're right :confused:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yeah this is more like the skeptics never read an article on a well-publicized fact and were using that as a shield for being dubious.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

silentsnack posted:

yeah, not disagreeing with you. I was just pointing out that making an extraordinary claim without something to back it up, and then calling the skeptics shills/trolls/etc, does not make for a very persuasive argument.

I think the idea is that claims for which there is substantial evidence aren’t extraordinary. they’re just…repeating the current state of knowledge

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

like you meet someone online and then go on dates, having a long relationship sharing your souls to each other and then right as your propose on a beach an alert goes off that you two are a match and both of you blink out of existence as the "real" you gets an alert on their phone that a connection has been made.

the followup joke is that the profiles have lives based off of the apps executives' idea of peoples' lives and spare time so sapient beings are dying for the sake of matching up two people who have neither the time, low stress, or wealth to connect at all

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

my ai dating bot avatar is just a catfish with two extremely muscular man legs

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Can I just date the ai

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

God Hole posted:

it is generally a good practice to have young bodies spending hours every day breathing heavy on a giant plastic field as it degrades and offgases in the sun

You get to choose between that and real grass but the park is built on an old landfill that's leeching heavy metals and poison into the dirt. Also it smells like poo poo.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

1glitch0 posted:

I don't know if you all are just joking or what but...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hang_the_DJ

in this case "literally a Black Mirror episode" means "this was the actual plot of a Black Mirror episode"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Yes, it's the same as every conspiracy theory having roots in whatever was part of popular culture at the time it sprouted. It's very easy for an unsettling percentage of people to confuse fantasy with reality, and some of those people are part of the founder class.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
My dating AI says my perfect match is a “Dr. Sbaitso.” He’s a psychiatrist or something.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Arivia posted:

My dating AI says my perfect match is a “Dr. Sbaitso.” He’s a psychiatrist or something.

Lately he's been going around with that tramp Eliza.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

blatman posted:

my ai dating bot avatar is just a catfish with two extremely muscular man legs

DALL-E 3 is having some trouble figuring out just what you mean by two legs, so best I can do is four legs

or whatever this abomination is

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

spechtie posted:

DALL-E 3 is having some trouble figuring out just what you mean by two legs, so best I can do is four legs

No 👎

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

spechtie posted:

Man, I miss Spore

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

wow cool AI images. veyr neat thank you

my imagination is free bitch!!!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

everyone check this out

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

wow cool AI images. veyr neat thank you

my imagination is free bitch!!!

No problem and dont worry, my post was also free :thumbsup:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
my posts are $5 each, guess it's time to send out the invoices

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

spechtie posted:

The carp stands up

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

everyone check this out

Holy poo poo they...they can think and feel...

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

Ham Equity posted:

I would also rather have this, but the fact that this doesn't exist seems like a really crappy reason to deny me drugs.

The suffering is the point

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
I wish I could get a Dr to prescribe going on vacation as a treatment for illness like a Victorian era physician. "Oh you're obviously depressed, I think you need to take a 6 month long vacation to a Greek island and here that's a 3 month prescription for cannabis you can refill anytime. Yea you gotta go on vacation Drs orders chum"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Arivia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwcd31NJKgo

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

yeah don't post slop outside of containment threads please

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Holy poo poo they...they can think and feel...

Every few weeks I remember that engineer from Google (I think?) who talked to the chat bot for twenty minutes, saw it barf out "yes I'm am, Alive I love too being be alive real, yeas," and immediately wrote an op ed about it in a sweating panic before losing his job and getting disavowed by every coworker as an idiot crank.

I swear to God the only people who think nu-SmarterChild is a sentient and feeling entity are unsocialized STEM incels who already have no loving clue what a human interaction is supposed to feel like. I think the guy reappeared months later somewhere else and said some other extremely insane thing, possibly about like keeping women as pets or not allowing them in the workplace or some poo poo.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Every few weeks I remember that engineer from Google (I think?) who talked to the chat bot for twenty minutes, saw it barf out "yes I'm am, Alive I love too being be alive real, yeas," and immediately wrote an op ed about it in a sweating panic before losing his job and getting disavowed by every coworker as an idiot crank.

I swear to God the only people who think nu-SmarterChild is a sentient and feeling entity are unsocialized STEM incels who already have no loving clue what a human interaction is supposed to feel like. I think the guy reappeared months later somewhere else and said some other extremely insane thing, possibly about like keeping women as pets or not allowing them in the workplace or some poo poo.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AI is going off the rails

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

His Purple Majesty posted:

I wish I could get a Dr to prescribe going on vacation as a treatment for illness like a Victorian era physician. "Oh you're obviously depressed, I think you need to take a 6 month long vacation to a Greek island and here that's a 3 month prescription for cannabis you can refill anytime. Yea you gotta go on vacation Drs orders chum"

Can't wait* when "doctors orders" are just discarded at the merest inconvenience by management

*already happens but I wouldn't know, I've never had PTO

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can't wait* when "doctors orders" are just discarded at the merest inconvenience by management

*already happens but I wouldn't know, I've never had PTO
Don’t need to disregard doctors orders if you don’t let doctors give the orders *taps head*

quote:

Other measures he set out included:

Shifting responsibility for issuing fit notes, formerly known as sicknotes, away from GPs to other “work and health professionals” in order to encourage more people to return to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Kill the boss, set work on fire, flee to Greece, vacation forever.