Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

In a similar manner I remember someone saying a Mini (oldboy) was quicker than a McLaren F1

0-10mph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I could probably take a top fuel dragster, both of us being on 235 section winter tires.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

MrChips posted:

You mean, the Warthog?
Didn't I just tell you to stop makin' up animals?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

^^ drat you

MrChips posted:

You mean, the Warthog?

I think he means a chupathingy.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Actually the new Puma is a cheap little hatchback that looks hilariously happy, only comes with a stick, has a 3 cylinder turbo and a simple mild hybrid system? Actually I think I love this car

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

i own every Bionicle posted:

Actually the new Puma is a cheap little hatchback that looks hilariously happy, only comes with a stick, has a 3 cylinder turbo and a simple mild hybrid system? Actually I think I love this car

I'm just happy someone posted a new car so the armchair Nomenklatura could pipe down for a bit.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

i own every Bionicle posted:

I ran to google to find out if this is true and it is! ...in Europe. I refuse to believe it will come to the USA with a stick.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

FuturePastNow posted:

it voids its bowel

Leave it to Chrysler FCA to build a car that literally shits itself.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Throatwarbler posted:

Well all you babbys complaining about the Charger being under-tired. 2020 Charger Hellcat and Scat pack will come with 305W tires.

I love little cars. I daily a Mazda 2, I've had Yugos and other tiny things. And I've owned and been burned by a number of Chrysler and AMC products over my life.

But now I want a ....... Dodge?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I love little cars. I daily a Mazda 2, I've had Yugos and other tiny things. And I've owned and been burned by a number of Chrysler and AMC products over my life.

Yeah, that looks really good. So does the widebody Challenger. Straight Pipes just did a review on the Hellcat Redeye and they were absolutely enamored with it.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I ran to google to find out if this is true and it is! ...in Europe. I refuse to believe it will come to the USA with a stick.

We can't even get the Ecosport with a stick, there's zero way that a 3cyl stick hybrid Puma comes here.

Puma looks cool. I wonder if they'll do a panel van version of it like the van Fiesta: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/products/cvs/fiesta-van/FiestaVan.html

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Am I the only one that thinks the overfenders on that Dodge look a bit poo poo? Mould them into the body, they look like cheap stick-ons that you've filled and painted over.

Outside of that I like it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Am I the only one that thinks the overfenders on that Dodge look a bit poo poo? Mould them into the body, they look like cheap stick-ons that you've filled and painted over.

its definitely the classic aftermarket widebody look - big flares added on to accommodate big wheels

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I actually always have liked the Challenger and Charger's looks- just kind of a very no-nonsense modernized muscle car look. Knows what it wants to be and pulls it off IMO

the big ol' fender flares just turn the "muscle car" dial up a few more notches

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Olympic Mathlete posted:

They look like that because that’s exactly what they are.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The only Metro that doesn't smell of piss and vomit is the Sydney Metro and that's because it's too new to have years of grime, piss and vomit ground into every crack
as I was leaving tokyo I watched an old subway worker polishing the train side of the gates

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's........... better than a Juke and a CH-R but that's not saying much really is it? It's just really generic looking, none of it is screaming Ford at me.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/suvs/ford-puma-back-and-it-looks

My first thought is that with a stick, AWD and about 200 hp this would actually be a great car for bombing the lovely country roads around here but Ford would never build and sell that car

Somebody make me a modern first gen Turbo Forester goddammit

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FBS posted:

Somebody make me a modern first gen Turbo Forester goddammit

Mercedes did.

The GLB 45 AMG is going to be even lower with 400hp and AWD

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Powershift posted:

Mercedes did.

Price it like a first gen forester too :argh:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I still can't believe they called it the glib.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
That Merc is dumb looking sorry. 1st gen Foresters looked 100x better.

SPeaking of legendary nameplates being ressurected, the lower level trims of the Pacifica are being renamed Voyager.

https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=20877&mid=1

quote:

2020 Chrysler Voyager Fact Sheet
June 27, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The award-winning FCA US minivan lineup expands in 2020 with the addition of the Chrysler Voyager to offer even more value for those who seek the quintessential family vehicle. Designed with budget-friendly family and fleet customers in mind, the Voyager delivers an exceptional driving experience. Standard features and utilities include seven-passenger seating, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility. Voyager also offers mobility innovations to ensure superior maneuverability and improved ease of entry and exit for wheelchair users. Well-equipped to stand against the competition, the Voyager is a no-compromise minivan at an unbeatable value.

As the first company to introduce the minivan and through six generations of the vehicle, FCA US has innovated 115 minivan firsts. The company has sold more than 14.6 million minivans globally since 1983, twice as many as any other manufacturer over the past 35 years.

New for 2020:
Expanding the award-winning FCA US minivan lineup, the Chrysler Voyager replaces the Pacifica L and LX models to now offer three value-add models – L, LX and LXi (fleet only)
LXi (fleet only) offers new, durable, UltraTec leatherette seats for fleet rental customers, as well as second-row Stow ‘n Go, remote start, security alarm, black Stow ‘n Place roof rack, universal garage door opener, second-row retractable sunshades and auto-dim rearview mirror
BraunAbility rear- and side-entry conversions offer a wider entryway and more interior space, with an enhanced ramp securement system, passenger seat flexibility and plenty of room for even the largest power wheelchairs and scooters
Exterior modifications include a Voyager liftgate badge; interior updates on the Voyager LX include satellite radio and second-row quad seats and in-floor storage bins
Available options on the Voyager L and LX include SafetyTec Group with optional Cold Weather Group Package, Stow ‘n Place roof rack and single overhead DVD on the Voyager LX

Highlights:
Chrysler Voyager minivan features the next generation of the award-winning Pentastar V-6 gasoline engine, which delivers 287 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque, mated to a segment-exclusive TorqueFlite nine-speed automatic transmission
With standard seven-passenger seating, Chrysler Voyager delivers a smooth, exceptionally quiet and comfortable ride
Voyager’s available SafetyTec Group includes ParkSense rear park assist with stop, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
Chrysler Voyager comes standard with a 3.5-inch digital information display and offers the Uconnect 4 system with a 7-inch touchscreen, standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Apple CarPlay enables iPhone users to access Apple Maps, Messages, phone and Apple Music through Siri Voice control or the Uconnect touchscreen
Android Auto enables easy and safe access to Google Voice Search, Google Maps and Google Play Music via the Uconnect touchscreen or steering wheel controls
Uconnect 4 systems include fast startup time, enhanced processing power, vivid imagery, high resolution and sharp graphics
Chrysler Voyager comes standard with six speakers and Active Noise Cancellation

Model Lineup
For 2020, the Chrysler Voyager lineup consists of three models:
L
LX
LXi (fleet only)

Available Exterior Colors:
Billet Metallic Coat
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Bright White Clear Coat
Granite Crystal Metallic Coat
Jazz Blue Pearl Coat
Velvet Red Pearl Coat

Available Interior Colors:
Black (cloth, UltraTec leatherette on LXi model)
Toffee (cloth, UltraTec leatherette on LXi model)
Alloy (UltraTec leatherette on LXi model)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

That Merc is dumb looking sorry. 1st gen Foresters looked 100x better.

found the lesbian

e:

quote:

Available Exterior Colors:
Billet Metallic Coat
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Bright White Clear Coat
Granite Crystal Metallic Coat
Jazz Blue Pearl Coat
Velvet Red Pearl Coat

dark grey
very dark grey
very light grey
medium grey
bluish grey
redish grey

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I... really like that, somehow. They've toned down the angry catfish look just a bit and properly fit the wheel size to the rest of the car. . Would drive (within its warranty period).

E: the Mercedes Glub, not the Chrysler, naturally.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 29, 2019

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I wonder if they will eventually move the car down market into the Grand Caravan nameplate which has a ton of brand equity.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

redgubbinz posted:

I... really like that, somehow. They've toned down the angry catfish look just a bit and properly fit the wheel size to the rest of the car. . Would drive (within its warranty period).

E: the Mercedes Glub, not the Chrysler, naturally.

The worst part is, that Mercedes Glob up there is a 7 seater and is expected to be around $37,500 for the AWD 221hp 2.0T model.

You really nave no reason not to love it.

I expect every single person on the planet to be driving one within 3 years.

e: a tune on the CLA250 takes it to 260hp/310ft/lbs It's like a 7 seater Golf R with a non-poo poo badge for $3k less.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 29, 2019

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

There's a woman in Houston SCCA that autocrosses a GLA45 AMG regularly. It's a fuckin monster.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BloodBag posted:

There's a woman in Houston SCCA that autocrosses a GLA45 AMG regularly. It's a fuckin monster.

It's a hatchback

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Charles posted:

It's a hatchback

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if they find out they're gonna stop buyin em

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Powershift posted:

It's like a 7 seater Golf R with a non-poo poo badge for $3k less.

I’d rather rock a VW badge than a tacky giant plastic star on a low end MB

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wheeee posted:

I’d rather rock a VW badge than a tacky giant plastic star on a low end MB

But VW doesn't even have any cool performance trim badges you can stick on for extra horsepower.

What do you do? Golf R ///M? Golf R AMG?

Golf R Nismo?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

Mercedes did.

The GLB 45 AMG is going to be even lower with 400hp and AWD

LOL thats not even close to actual 1st gen Forester turbos

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Powershift posted:

But VW doesn't even have any cool performance trim badges you can stick on for extra horsepower.

What do you do? Golf R ///M? Golf R AMG?

Golf R Nismo?

Golf R Type-R

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wheeee posted:

Golf R Type-R

Golf R Type-R R-spec GT-R RS

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

LOL thats not even close to actual 1st gen Forester turbos

It's as close as we're ever gonna get.

Subaru's too busy building the canyonero

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Golf R420 you loving amateurs

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Golf R420 you loving amateurs

There was the time before dieselgate where I was dead-set on buying that, then dieselgate happened and I bought a kei van instead.

Would have rocked that VW garbage.

Edit the R400 that is

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

KakerMix posted:

There was the time before dieselgate where I was dead-set on buying that, then dieselgate happened and I bought a kei van instead.

Would have rocked that VW garbage.

Edit the R400 that is

P much one and the same, 400hp+ 5 cylinder

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Subaru really ruined the looks of the Forester with the 4th gen. I've always thought the third gen was a nice clean take on the original, it still resembled the same basic proportions and was somewhat boxy:

Then the 4th gen was turned into something that in no way resembles the original car and is difficult to tell at first glance from the Outback.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Those red accents are shite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yet it's the best selling Forester yet and they are selling them as fast as they can make them.