Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Pope Mobile posted:

Oh thank god this is finally acceptable. I'm sick of hiding my motorcycle bromances.

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.
Far left guy looks offended that there's nobody there to hold his right hand.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
That's what I get for having a black motorcycle; getting stuck on the outside.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Pope Mobile posted:

Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I am Joe Bar and I approve of this message.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is that supposed to be a spoof of those pictures where everyone is holding hands and jumping at the same time?

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

I think it's a "Hands Across America" kind of thing

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It was a spur of the moment "this will be funny" thing. And it was.

E: The blue FZ6 is forums user Socratse.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 3, 2012

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Who is the guy with the Phantom? Is he cool? I hope he's cool. :ohdear:

I've only ever seen one other than mine in the wild and that was at MotoGP last year in Indy.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
What do you considering cool? He does his own maintenance, bought my SV650 to wrench on it and fixed my GF's Vespa for her.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Finally managed to take some pics of my new bike, a 2007 Yamaha R1:

A pretty substantial upgrade from the 1989 FZR400 I was riding before, but the problem is... there's no drama. "You wanna go fast? Ok, no problem" and then it does it like it's not even trying, I don't know what to feel about it. Other than that, and that it wants to melt my legs off during city riding, it's been A-ok so far.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Hietala posted:

A pretty substantial upgrade from the 1989 FZR400 I was riding before, but the problem is... there's no drama. "You wanna go fast? Ok, no problem" and then it does it like it's not even trying, I don't know what to feel about it. Other than that, and that it wants to melt my legs off during city riding, it's been A-ok so far.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I recently replaced my 1999 R6 with something newer, and that R6 had been through hell. There was always something wrong with it, or something I had to be careful of or always keep in mind, then when I moved up I was like "everything just works...this is weird." Great-looking bike, you'll get used to not having weird old bike problems, at least until it gets old.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Hietala posted:

I do quite like the looks of the R1's and in that colour scheme they look pretty sexy. Pity i'll never have one as they're a little too small for my 6'5" frame.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Not mine, but I love this dirty old Goldwing that was at school the other day.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

thylacine posted:

Not mine, but I love this dirty old Goldwing that was at school the other day.

this is spectacular. I need to start carrying a pad of post-its and a sharpie with me so I can tell guys like this how awesome they are.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aargh posted:

I do quite like the looks of the R1's and in that colour scheme they look pretty sexy. Pity i'll never have one as they're a little too small for my 6'5" frame.

You should give it a go. I used to ride with a guy in Canberra who would've been that tall and he got an R1 'cause that's what he could fit on.

Fkin
Apr 19, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Still tons of snow up here in washington.

Looks like we are finally in for a few sunny days this week. Cossacks were at the rally today at the Red Horse in Eburg.

Osmium Tetroxide
Jan 28, 2009
Just bought her on Saturday May 5th. My new love affair. 1993 Honda Nighthawk 750.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

You should give it a go. I used to ride with a guy in Canberra who would've been that tall and he got an R1 'cause that's what he could fit on.

Another ex canberran? Seems everyone i run into to these days lived in Canberra at some point.

Bike size though, I used to work with a guy similar sized to me who rode a GSXR1000 and I've sat on the S1000RR or whatever its called and it all seemed to fit. Its just the whole bear on a tricycle look that i want to avoid.

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

Aargh posted:

Another ex canberran? Seems everyone i run into to these days lived in Canberra at some point.

Bike size though, I used to work with a guy similar sized to me who rode a GSXR1000 and I've sat on the S1000RR or whatever its called and it all seemed to fit. Its just the whole bear on a tricycle look that i want to avoid.

Canberran checking in

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aargh posted:

Yep, I blew 6 long years in that lovely lovely place. As for the Rugby-player-on-a-kid's-BMX look, yeah, you're gonna be poo poo outta luck on anything not off-road-orientated.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Yep, I blew 6 long years in that lovely lovely place. As for the Rugby-player-on-a-kid's-BMX look, yeah, you're gonna be poo poo outta luck on anything not off-road-orientated.

I only spent 4 years there for uni, that was long enough. Size wise I'll trick to my SM for the while.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aargh posted:

I only spent 4 years there for uni, that was long enough. Size wise I'll trick to my SM for the while.

ANU or UC?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Wit_sponge posted:

Canberran checking in

Also checkin' in from the big city, though I have nothing to post in this thread. :( I miss my bikes.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

ANU or UC?

Industrial Design at UC, though i graduated over 10 years ago. I feel old now.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aargh posted:

Yep, you sure are, class of '07 here.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

I found some old Renthal low rise dirt bars at a local cycle salvage shop and put them on the FT500. Much better than the stock bars, and more of a Flat track setup too.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Chill_Bebop posted:

I found some old Renthal low rise dirt bars at a local cycle salvage shop and put them on the FT500. Much better than the stock bars, and more of a Flat track setup too.

excellent. I want exactly those bars for my Goldwing.

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Yep, you sure are, class of '07 here.

class of '13

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Aargh posted:

:hf: Sup ID dude.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

:hf: Sup ID dude.

Ha! Sup.

Class of '01. :(

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Class of '14. Am I the youngest one here? :negative:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

AncientTV posted:

Class of '14. Am I the youngest one here? :negative:

holy christ, probably. '04 here highschool

content:
still trying to figure out decals.

edit: added link to blog and spaced pics

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 11, 2012

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

holy christ, probably. '04 here highschool

content:
still trying to figure out decals.

edit: added link to blog and spaced pics

High School '06.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Went for a ride with a friend and their friend yesterday. It was amazing. Although it was a typical thing. The other person (on the Duc) was one of the worst riders I've ever seen. He was riding like he was in a car..

Mine's the Ninja, and my friends is the Blade. A lot of fun out to Victor Harbor..

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Nice bikes.

What do you mean by "riding like he was in a car" ?

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Missing apexes; overtaking stupidly then slowing way down; only using the rear brake; slowing giantly for a corner then only accellerating on the straight out of it.
Just general frustrating poo poo. Other than that stuff, it was a really amazing ride.

e: tailgating...

fingerling fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 11, 2012

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

fingerling posted:

Missing apexes; overtaking stupidly then slowing way down; only using the rear brake; slowing giantly for a corner then only accellerating on the straight out of it.
Just general frustrating poo poo. Other than that stuff, it was a really amazing ride.

e: tailgating...

Oh, yeah, I've ridden with a few people who do that poo poo, I stopped riding with them after it. Just makes it frustrating to be the one following them when they can't ride properly and you spend half the time worrying about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Yeah, it's kind of disenchanting considering it was actually the first ride I've been on with other riders. The guy on the 'Blade was fine, it was his first ride in like 6 months, yet the Duc rider still horrified me.
God.. and there is only like one Adelaide rider Goon. :(