Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I enjoyed that a lot. Makes me want one of the new Raptors :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PT6A posted:

But why Trail, if they were between New Denver and Kaslo? Castlegar has the biggest airport in the area (not saying much) and it would be on the way to Trail.

maybe they each went back with a brick of weed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

PT6A posted:

But why Trail, if they were between New Denver and Kaslo? Castlegar has the biggest airport in the area (not saying much) and it would be on the way to Trail.

I don't know. Maybe the Castlegar airport was snowed in and they were told to head south to Trail but that also ended up getting weather delayed. All I know is they were in Trail and they had those trucks with them.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

PT6A posted:

Go skiing at Red Mountain?

I really loved the new RC-F review "This car is such poo poo that it makes me hate Lexus as whole, so instead I'm going to have some fun in a car that makes me love Lexus"

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know. Maybe the Castlegar airport was snowed in and they were told to head south to Trail but that also ended up getting weather delayed. All I know is they were in Trail and they had those trucks with them.

Yeah, the thing about Castlegar Airport is that if it's a day that ends in a "y", chances are pretty good the airlines are cancelling their flights. It has one of the most challenging instrument approaches of any airport in North America, and the minimums are very, very high.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I laughed that May's pickup had Alberta plates, because of course it did, although Clarkson's didn't seem to have any?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MrChips posted:

Yeah, the thing about Castlegar Airport is that if it's a day that ends in a "y", chances are pretty good the airlines are cancelling their flights. It has one of the most challenging instrument approaches of any airport in North America, and the minimums are very, very high.

Trail doesn't even have a precision approach, and according to Wikipedia, Castlegar is actually used as an alternate for when you can't land in Trail.

Believe me, I've been on the plane when we all cheer because we can see the ground in Castlegar and we won't have to take the bus from Penticton or wherever Air Canada's alternate is, as well as the one time when we did have to bus it in from Penticton (or maybe it was Kelowna, who knows?), I'm quite familiar with the hell that is flying in and out of the West Kootenays.

Eventually, pretty much everyone in my family just said, "gently caress it, might as well just drive to Calgary rather than take the chance."

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Guessing James U-joints failed. Right before the end you could see him shaking in the truck. That was awesome tho.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nice combination of :stare: and :lol: at Jeremy powering on up the mountain with one tire off the wheel, after he had gone to pains to point out the spare in the bed

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
How did he actually pop his tire? Too much wheelspin getting the chains turned around and pointing inwards or something? Given that it's Jeremy, sorta hard to tell.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Gwaihir posted:

How did he actually pop his tire? Too much wheelspin getting the chains turned around and pointing inwards or something? Given that it's Jeremy, sorta hard to tell.

I'm guessing he hit the sidewall hard enough to cause it to debead.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Data Graham posted:

Nice combination of :stare: and :lol: at Jeremy powering on up the mountain with one tire off the wheel, after he had gone to pains to point out the spare in the bed

I thought he lost 2 tires and only had one spare

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

It would be a real pain in the rear end to change a tire in snow that deep, from the looks of it. Also lol at Clarkson "I don't do manual labour" changing a tire.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Well, a whole lot of the "Rescue" required them to wink and nod at the gigantic crew that is always following them more than normal. I really don't think May was able to get back on the road on his own after that slide into the tree.

Also it looked like Clarkson lost both tires on the right side and only replaced one, to me.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Where was the reference to Chile in this episode? I just realized I didn't see one for the first time this season.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hammond got cold? :v:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

pik_d posted:

Where was the reference to Chile in this episode? I just realized I didn't see one for the first time this season.

Long shot: Hammond had a can of Stag Chili.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Chris Knight posted:

If Hammond was kept to just that tent and shelter, I can understand his misery. The worst I've ever felt was in Arctic Survival school. That was 2 and a half days of torment.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Chris Knight posted:

You mean he got a chill?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

GutBomb posted:

Oh God, don't get them started, they'll be all over this pissing and moaning about whether it has beans in it.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Before they showed the tire off the bead I was hoping the engine had blown up.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Tricky Ed posted:

Well, a whole lot of the "Rescue" required them to wink and nod at the gigantic crew that is always following them more than normal. I really don't think May was able to get back on the road on his own after that slide into the tree.

They said something at the end about it snapping a driveshaft.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That little factoid that Jeremy spewed during the news, about the monkeys standing on their babiesholy hell :wtf:

Perhaps the most "Jeremy" thing he's ever been fascinated with, somehow.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
"I decided to ignite my collapsed sun"

This season has been phenomenal; easily up there with the best.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Anyone know how much that configuration of the Velociraptor costs?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

inklesspen posted:

Anyone know how much that configuration of the Velociraptor costs?
$73k upwards.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That's too bad; the sound from that supercharger is intoxicating.

Though as much as I dislike the idea of the LFA, the sound is even better than the Clever Girl.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

captainOrbital posted:

That's too bad; the sound from that supercharger is intoxicating.

It was having a... crisis

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

captainOrbital posted:

the Clever Girl.

I know what i'm gonna call the Raptor from here on out, that's brilliant :v:

Kinda surprised nobody has put some sort of Clever Girl sticker on one actually.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"As part of your ownership package, we include a driver training session to help you get the most out of your new truck, covering the correct use of the various transmission modes, off-road driving theory, and of course how to check your blind spots"

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

PT6A posted:

Trail doesn't even have a precision approach, and according to Wikipedia, Castlegar is actually used as an alternate for when you can't land in Trail.

Believe me, I've been on the plane when we all cheer because we can see the ground in Castlegar and we won't have to take the bus from Penticton or wherever Air Canada's alternate is, as well as the one time when we did have to bus it in from Penticton (or maybe it was Kelowna, who knows?), I'm quite familiar with the hell that is flying in and out of the West Kootenays.

Eventually, pretty much everyone in my family just said, "gently caress it, might as well just drive to Calgary rather than take the chance."

Wikipedia is wrong. Castlegar has no precision approach either and is the very last airport in the world I would use as an IFR alternate under any circumstances. At our company, standard procedure going into either Trail or Castlegar is to use Kelowna as an alternate.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The only correct Vanir plate for a velociraptor is CLVRGRL.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

GutBomb posted:

he also had miss vickie's salt and vinegar chips and those things own

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Two Finger posted:

I like Miss Vickie's but I can't stand salt and vinegar chips, not even the smell.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Chris Knight posted:

He ate chile in the hotel he was staying in during those 4 days he was pretending to be on the mountain?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Two Finger posted:

He should have had ketchup flavored chips.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

holocaust bloopers posted:

If Hammond was kept to just that tent and shelter, I can understand his misery. The worst I've ever felt was in Arctic Survival school. That was 2 and a half days of torment.

Northern Warfare at Ft. Wainwright. Jesus Christ that sucked!

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

This has been a great series so far. Needed more James going on about practical things in his pickup, but otherwise good.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Best part of the (very good ) episode was the bottle-opener sunglasses exchange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Hammond's face while James was introducing the second part of the rescue film was absolutely brilliant.

I know the entire sequences are scripted, but I've always had the impression that Clarkson/May don't like Hammond that much so I can totally buy that they'd be in no hurry to rescue him :v: