Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah its an intense pulse of light. Ipl. It worked well on my body hair but did nothing for facial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Synthbuttrange posted:

I survived. My penis did not..

:peanut:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

minivanmegafun posted:

Hi!

I’ve been keeping up on this thread and not really posting in it other than the occasional drop in but uh

hi again

about a year ago i finally realized i’m non-binary and about a couple months ago i started HRT.

things have been weird but mostly good and i don’t know if i’ve ever felt this good about myself :3: which in itself is weird and foreign and i’m working through how to handle that

anyhow, i want to finally start laser hair removal and get rid of this beard but don’t really know where to start. my partner is tired of me shaving multiple times a day and reminding me that i want to do this (and he himself would consider it if he didn’t have blonde hair), my therapist has probably listened to me talk about this for weeks now. like...do i just pick a random place? go for a groupon deal? how exactly do i find one that isn’t going to be a waste of time/money or judge me for being trans?

Ask your local lgbt resource center /clinic if they have any recommendations, then see if there's Groupon for them

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space
welp ~8 months have passed since i last posted when telling the wife that i can't be a guy anymore. she didn't take it well at first but has since done much better- therapy for both of us and resolving other stresses in our lives has helped much.

still haven't called the endo :( but actively being a bit more feminine and it's going well. on the mega plus my work's new insurance covers everything except laser/electrolysis. thanks for not being entirely terrible, texas. went to therapy and support group fully dressed (minus makeup because that's still a disaster) and actually felt kind of good.

anyway thanks all for being here. things are gonna be alright.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

candy for breakfast posted:

welp ~8 months have passed since i last posted when telling the wife that i can't be a guy anymore. she didn't take it well at first but has since done much better- therapy for both of us and resolving other stresses in our lives has helped much.

still haven't called the endo :( but actively being a bit more feminine and it's going well. on the mega plus my work's new insurance covers everything except laser/electrolysis. thanks for not being entirely terrible, texas. went to therapy and support group fully dressed (minus makeup because that's still a disaster) and actually felt kind of good.

anyway thanks all for being here. things are gonna be alright.

def make a goal to just call the endo and get it over with, it'll go a lot smoother and easier than you're prolly imagining and the sooner you start the sooner you'll get results. my wife hesitated for a while initially and then felt real silly about doing that after she actually started treatment :v:

regardless, congrats on your life lookin' up friend :toot:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i've been self medding since november (2 x 1mg or w/e daily) since lol at ever visiting a doctor.

when i was prescribed testosterone goo for low t five years ago, i tried it once or twice but couldnt shake the feeling that something was just wrong about it. like worrying that it'd change who i was. i realized a few days ago that i havent really had the same thoughts about this at all.

i've kinda come to settle on the idea that i'm not a guy. but that doesn't mean i'm anything else. not so much "fluctuating gender fluid" as just "gray puddle of indeterminate gender goo that's slightly feminine i guess" and that's okay.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I survived. My penis did not..
congratulations !!

i feel bad for this joke but i wonder if anybody's ever said "timberrrrr" when that surgery is happening

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this thread is so amazing and cool, i apologize if i seem like a gawker, i love our yospos gender hackers

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
if you're just taking 2 mg estradiol per day and not taking any aas, you're likely not getting much effect, even with what sounds like naturally low t. you may want to bump that up to 4 mg per day

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

fishmech posted:

if you're just taking 2 mg estradiol per day and not taking any aas, you're likely not getting much effect, even with what sounds like naturally low t. you may want to bump that up to 4 mg per day

i've thought about it. my low t ws like 125mg/dl or whatever unit of measurement they use.

from what i've heard and seen from others (incl. those on aas) that's really low.

maybe around november.

Jonny 290 posted:

this thread is so amazing and cool, i apologize if i seem like a gawker, i love our yospos gender hackers

the difference between you and gawker is being respectful and also not being sued into oblivion

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

i've thought about it. my low t ws like 125mg/dl or whatever unit of measurement they use.

from what i've heard and seen from others (incl. those on aas) that's really low.

maybe around november.

the difference between you and gawker is being respectful and also not being sued into oblivion

if I did the conversion right mines like, 7mg/dl. ofc do what works for you, just know you can crash that poo poo out further

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 11, 2019

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
I am switching to estrogel next week.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Jonny 290 posted:

:same:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

if this is hacking then I want my bug bounty dangit

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao I got the other thread renamed

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fishmech posted:

for perspective my wife was on 2mg for like two years because her doctor was an inattentive idiot who saw her just long enough to write the script or do the blood test and leave, and she's kinda passive so she just sorta went with it instead of asking why she wasn't progressing past the introductory dose, and her transition kinda started out and then plateaued and even went backwards (her boobs kinda grew but then shrank? it was weird af). since we figured that out and corrected it and moved her to higher doses her transition is going a heck of a lot better and her mood is more stable and stuff like that too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sadly I lost the boobs lottery :smith:

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun
as one of you has so aptly put it i must have been a low t beta cuck before transitioning seeing as the introductory dose was enough to put my hormones into female normal ranges

now my boobs are like... b cups about seven months in, so i figure i m doing well

bodies are weird

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
my T and E were high even before HRT

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Ms. Twiggy posted:

as one of you has so aptly put it i must have been a low t beta cuck before transitioning seeing as the introductory dose was enough to put my hormones into female normal ranges
After three months of 2 and then 4, my T was down to 36ng/dl and has been holding at ~26 since, so I guess I didn't have much to begin with (my brother apparently got all the family T; he is a goddamn SASQUATCH)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

weird question and tell me to shut up if y'all think it's too personal but, do you guys get PMS symptoms? i got a friend who just realized that they get mood swings, cramps, nausea and stuff like that for a few days before it resolves completely, and it repeats in a roughly 5-week cycle now that their HRT is actually stable. is that a thing?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Shame Boy posted:

weird question and tell me to shut up if y'all think it's too personal but, do you guys get PMS symptoms? i got a friend who just realized that they get mood swings, cramps, nausea and stuff like that for a few days before it resolves completely, and it repeats in a roughly 5-week cycle now that their HRT is actually stable. is that a thing?

if their hormone dosing is stable and they're not intentionally varying their doses over that time - then it's some unrelated issue. I had something kinda like that going on before I ever did hrt and it happens to have gone away as I brought up my dosing to effective levels

if they are doing variable dosing or are performing injected hormones only, the varying estrogen levels will certainly cause that sort of thing in susceptible people, especially if testosterone is being well surpressed throughout.

they should probably seek medical advice from a proper doc if they are getting that cyclical set of symptoms and not intentionally doing variable dosing or long term injections. and if they are doing injections, they may want to inject more frequently with a decreased dosage to limit the peak and trough effect

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fishmech posted:

if their hormone dosing is stable and they're not intentionally varying their doses over that time - then it's some unrelated issue. I had something kinda like that going on before I ever did hrt and it happens to have gone away as I brought up my dosing to effective levels

if they are doing variable dosing or are performing injected hormones only, the varying estrogen levels will certainly cause that sort of thing in susceptible people, especially if testosterone is being well surpressed throughout.

they should probably seek medical advice from a proper doc if they are getting that cyclical set of symptoms and not intentionally doing variable dosing or long term injections. and if they are doing injections, they may want to inject more frequently with a decreased dosage to limit the peak and trough effect

yeah i was thinking it was some variability in dosing but the weird thing is this is the first time her hormones have been stable for any significant length of time, since her living conditions haven't exactly been the best until recently. she's on pills, so i guess it's something else.

she googled around and found this article written by someone who asked randos on tumblr about it and apparently it's not unheard of:

https://theestablishment.co/yes-trans-women-can-get-period-symptoms-e43a43979e8c/index.html

though i'm not sure i trust anecdotal evidence from tumblr all that much

anyway i'll tell her to make an appointment with her doc, thanks

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This is going to be an odd question, but HRT didn't really give me the chest I wanted. I'm also over weight, and was wondering if losing weight would help it be more noticeable.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

It's a thing. Exactly what sort of thing, I dunno, but my girls who have had full histo still get symptoms despite being on a regular hormone regimen.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Shame Boy posted:

I get a hormonal cycle but it is weird. Period shits for one thing is a symptom. My dose is fairly stable too.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

iospace posted:

This is going to be an odd question, but HRT didn't really give me the chest I wanted. I'm also over weight, and was wondering if losing weight would help it be more noticeable.

no. boobs are made of fat. if you want to change your boobs your option is surgery basically.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

jit bull transpile posted:

no. boobs are made of fat. if you want to change your boobs your option is surgery basically.

Awww, ok. Was hoping but eh.

Still going to lose weight anyway!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

iospace posted:

Awww, ok. Was hoping but eh.

Still going to lose weight anyway!

i mean it'd make em' stand out a bit more (my wife's aren't very big but look big on her cuz she's real smol), but at the same time if you burn fat they might simultaneously get smaller too

should prolly do it anyway though, yeah. good luck :hfive:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Not entirely.

Depending on how dense yours are, io, losing weight may make them pop a bit more because the armpit/bingo wings area shrinks down. Since I quit drinking I've lost a good amount of weight and my chichis are definitely a bit more noticible.

But that depends on where you are in the chart. Mine are somewhere between C and D.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
losing weight and then gaining back small amounts is good for breast size.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i assume "extremely dense" means they've gravitationally collapsed into neutron star matter

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

your boobs don’t matter if you’re overweight and out of shape

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

i assume "extremely dense" means they've gravitationally collapsed into neutron star matter
Nah, more along the lines of "still really into bitcoin and not a scam artist" dense

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

dilatorchat from earlier:
Brassard customizes the schedule it seems. I don’t know enough of the technical stuff to know why they vary so much from person to person, some posts I’ve seen found the blue (the smallest size) challenging, and green (next up) impossible, whereas for me I was on green and orange (largest) from day 1

Maybe to do with PC muscles? Available material? body size??

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
yeah it's basically all of the above options

the dilators are standard, bodies aren't

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My doc specifically said riight before surgery that it was how much space you have between the bowel and bladder and before you hit the wall.

Anyway I’m home and I scared my cats by barfing as soon as i walked in.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Synthbuttrange posted:

My doc specifically said riight before surgery that it was how much space you have between the bowel and bladder and before you hit the wall.

Anyway I’m home and I scared my cats by barfing as soon as i walked in.

Revenge for all the times they barfed in front of you?

Get some rest, seriously.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

a friend of mine has a trans friend in colorado who's really struggling - apparently they've got some real bad depression and are "so low that they're missing their appointments" and "can barely manage to get out of bed," while at the same time they're struggling to scrape together money for rent. he asked me if i knew any way to help but i really don't know anything or anyone in colorado, do any of y'all know of any resources they can take advantage of? from what he told me it sounds like even so much as just getting some emotional support from a therapist or group session or w/e could help a ton.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
honestly colorado kinda sucks with trans healthcare afaict, for example the place that i finally got an appt for hrt (women's clinic of noco) tried gatekeeping me and wouldn't initially accept my letter from a therapist stating i had dysphoria without getting a second opinion from, like, my gp. had to fight them on that with her so that I can finally go in on monday for hrt (:toot:), but then i got a text confirming my appt with my deadname still on it to confirm i was going yesterday :( planned parenthood of the rockies I've heard is a lot better (im pretty sure they just use an informed consent model whereas csu students are the only ones who can go to the women's clinic without a letter cause the school backs them up), but it sucks that it's more like a 3 hr roundtrip for me. so, just gonna go to the place closest to me and hope everything's nicer and less Trutrans when I get there. i hope this helps your friend some, really sucks to hear how other people in the state are having struggles with this :(

edit: i also have not been able to find a great support group either around here, really the only thing i could find is a small group on the meetup app that only a couple people are active in (and a much larger one specifically for trans people in choirs in colorado?)

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The thread title makes way more sense post op.