Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Punch McLightning posted:

Same. Can't fathom them only doing 9 minutes with Minoru, including a commercial break, but poo poo happens and it was still fun..

It seemed like something ran late earlier in the show, and then they also had to cut the match early because Suzuki got cut over his eye hardway. That's probably why they're doing a Suzuki-gun match: he was supposed to get more and they know he deserved to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WMOTYC
15th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH Kawasaki Go
Kendo Kashin vs King Tany

loving hell why? And Kashin is in the N1. Watching this is a great way to.not be hype for the start of the N1. Just one of those wrestlers who can drag everyone down to his level.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

It seemed like something ran late earlier in the show, and then they also had to cut the match early because Suzuki got cut over his eye hardway. That's probably why they're doing a Suzuki-gun match: he was supposed to get more and they know he deserved to.

I understand why it happened, but all the same, drat.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Kawasaki, GO! August 15th
HM
Stinger (Yuya Susumu and Seiki Yoshioka)(c) vs Kongoh (Tadasuke and Aleja) - GHC Jr Tag Team Championships
- Because the division is a clusterfuck there was always the chance that Stinger could lose their first defence after a 14 day reign so there was a contant tension for the last few minutes. Aleja is a great addition to Kongoh and contrasts well with Tadasuke's smashmouth style and although not as good as Kongoh/MnS from last month this was still a great showcase for the

2nd

MOTYC
15th August
NOAH Kawasaki Go
GHC National Title & Zero1 World Title
Takashi Sugiura vs Masato Tanaka

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

He's booked on a GCW show in NY two days after Grand Slam I don't think him doing more than one date is because they cut off his little song.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Andrade "El Idolo" vs PAC AEW Rampage 10.09

La Sombra haters and doubters vacate.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth. Goddamn they killed it.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Andrade "El Idolo" vs PAC AEW Rampage 10.09

Finish hurt it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Finish hurt it.

Yeah where I am with it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Finish hurt it.

Seconded, glad Andrade hurt Chavo for ruining his MOTYC and making it a mere HM.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 09/10

HM: Riho, Ruby Soho, Kris Statlander vs. Reba, Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter & Rebel vs Ruby Soho, Riho & Kris Statlander AEW Rampage 10.09

Extremely solid trios match with extremely cool poo poo done by extremely cool ladies.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 09/10

HM: Riho, Ruby Soho, Kris Statlander vs. Reba, Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter

+1

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter & Rebel vs Ruby Soho, Riho & Kris Statlander AEW Rampage 10.09

Extremely solid trios match with extremely cool poo poo done by extremely cool ladies.

nth.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Rampage 9/10
MOTYC: Andrade el Idolo vs PAC
HM: Ruby Soho, Kris Statlander & Riho vs Dr. Britt Baker DMD, Rebel & Jamie Hayter

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 9/10

HM: Brian Pillman, Jr. vs. Max Caster

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Brian Pillman Jr vs Max Caster AEW Rampage 10.09

Classic hometown hero vs dipshit heel stuff, good wrestling elevated by a great story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Finish hurt it.

I really liked the finish (particuarly the aftermath) but agree it was an HM. I hope they fight again!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Finish hurt it.

nth but this is exactly what i needed to see from andrade, everything he and pac were doing was flippy but also tight and brutal, great match but i want more and a clean finish next time

Cerebral Bore posted:

just everything about this was fun and made me happy

Cerebral Bore posted:

Classic hometown hero vs dipshit heel stuff, good wrestling elevated by a great story.

both these guys looked really good together

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Finish hurt it.

nth

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
gently caress it man MOTYC for PAC vs Andrade that poo poo slapped

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1436513216058859522

also while i'm here i'm sure none of these need it but

MOTYCs:
Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks
Kenny Omega vs Christian Cage
WEEEEEELLLLLL IT'S NO MORE BS PAUL WIGHT VS THAT SON OF A BITCH QT MARSHALL (not really)

HMs
CM Punk vs Darby Allin
Britt Baker vs Kris Statlander
Miro vs Eddie Kingston
also Dante Martin vs Powerhouse Hobbs from Dynamite that was fun

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Andrade El Idolo vs. PAC, AEW Rampage, 10/09
HM: Britt Baker/Reba/Jamie Hayter vs. Ruby Soho/Kris Statlander/Riho, AEW Rampage, 10/09

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Britt Baker/Reba/Jamie Hayter vs. Ruby Soho/Kris Statlander/Riho, AEW Rampage, 10/09

Seconding these

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Live with your Time September 11th
HM
Nodoka Tenma vs Maki Itoh
- Tenma is one of those wrestlers that is just so effortlessly entertaining, everything she does is great. Match started really lighthearted but by the end was a real slugfest, would heartily recommend

NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Nao Kakuta and Haruna Neko
- That thing I said about Tenma also applies to MSM, she's an absolute treasure. Add to that Nao being a solid hand and both Neko and Sakisama working their characters to a tee and you have a ridiculously entertaining match. That tray shot was so loud for something so ineffective I loved it

Miyu Yamashita vs Yuki Aino
- Death by headkick, which followed another real fun slugfest

TJPW is just so fun, even when the wrestling isn't the best i'm still being entertained

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
- Tenma is one of those wrestlers that is just so effortlessly entertaining, everything she does is great. Match started really lighthearted but by the end was a real slugfest, would heartily recommend

- That thing I said about Tenma also applies to MSM, she's an absolute treasure. Add to that Nao being a solid hand and both Neko and Sakisama working their characters to a tee and you have a ridiculously entertaining match. That tray shot was so loud for something so ineffective I loved it

TJPW is just so fun, even when the wrestling isn't the best i'm still being entertained

+1

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

nth

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Not quite as energetic as rampage, but a fun show, nth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Seconding both these. Miyu and Itoh beating up respective Bakeretsu sisters ahead of their own upcoming match was a fun way to handle things.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

He's booked on a GCW show in NY two days after Grand Slam I don't think him doing more than one date is because they cut off his little song.
Uh, cool, I never said that was the reason. I said having to cut the match short was probably the reason.

Finish hurt it.
Yeah, Nth for that reason, and because they cut out parts of the match even on Fite. Seems like they're setting up a clean rematch down the line though, which will probably be legit MOTYC.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

Nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth, absolutely excellent

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth. Fun, funny, kept the story rolling.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

HM: Clark Connors vs Alex Coughlin, New Japan Strong September 10. A bruising, emotional encounter between the senior LA young lion and the most recent graduate. Coughlin's evident frustration at feeling like he was being left behind was emotional and honest and added to the violence and enjoyment of this match.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Rampage 9/10
MOTYC: Andrade el Idolo vs PAC
HM: Ruby Soho, Kris Statlander & Riho vs Dr. Britt Baker DMD, Rebel & Jamie Hayter

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

nth to all

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dragon Gate - Storm Gate @ EDION Arena, Osaka - 9.11.21

HM: YAMATO & Ben-K vs Kota Minoura & Jason Lee

-I really like how they're presenting the YAMATO/Minoura feud. These four couldn't have a bad match if they tried.

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship (vacant): Keisuke Okuda vs SB KENTo

-The feud between these two was absolutely boiling over the last 6 weeks. Lots of brawling and submission attempt reversals, with both getting visual pins over each other before the finish. I wish this had a bigger crowd, and one that could cheer, but this ruled anyway.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Nth

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark 9/07
HM: Evil Uno vs Alan 'V' Angels :smith:
HM: Lee Moriarty vs Joey Janela
HM: Dark Order (Colt Cabana & Stu Grayson) vs RSP & Travis Titan
HM: Diamante vs Big Swole - 3 Strikes Match

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Malakai Black vs Dustin Rhodes
HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs Dante Martin
HM: Pinnacle (FTR & Shawn Spears) vs Dark Order (Uno, Grayson & Silver)
HM: Jon Moxley vs Minoru Suzuki

All from AEW Dynammite 08.09

Cerebral Bore posted:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth these

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

WMOTYC
4th September
WRESTLE Grand Slam In MetLife Dome
Chase Owens vs Toru Yano

A Match so long and dull that I can't go on with the show, I need to forget I watched this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
DDT Beer Garden Fight-Like Pro Wrestling 7/31
HM: DAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki, Mad Paulie & Yuji Hino) vs Antonio Honda, Chris Brookes & Super Sasadango Machine
-SSM does a fantastic Yuji Hino impression throughout this match
HM: Gorgeous Matsuno & Seiya Morohashi vs DAMNATION (Tetsuya Endo & Hiroshi Yamato)
MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs Yuki Ueno vs Shunma Katsumata vs MAO

Noah Cross Over in Hiroshima 8/01
MOTYC: Momo no Seishun (Daisuke Harada & Hajime Ohara) (c) vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu) - GHC Jr Tag Team Championships
MOTYC: The Great Muta & NOSAWA Rongai vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Atsushi Kotoge
HM: HAYATA (c) vs YO-HEY - GHC Jr Heavyweight Championship
MOTYC: Naomichi Marufuji vs Kazushi Sakuraba - GHC Heavyweight Championship