Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Corey Anderson actually sucks so he should lose to Shogun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

conor is so shook he was willing to skip a 10m dollar payday to extend his training time lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that's my favorite theory and i chose to believe it

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i have no idea what a corey anderson is but shogun will skateboard right into another L

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lets all put our cards on the table: who thinks shogun loses to corey anderson and who is still a believer

I feel like Shogun getting something going on the feet before he gasses is the most likely scenario, followed really closely in likelihood by Anderson unleashing some vicious cage pushing for 13 minutes.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

henkman posted:

I will never stop believing in shogun

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

i have no idea what a corey anderson is but shogun will skateboard right into another L

Mods?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Ill never root against Beasting 25/8

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Or maybe the company could just teach more than two people the skill of burger patty flipping.

You don't appear to understand labor relations OR mathematics.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

ICHIBAHN posted:

Conor gets a flat fee for his fights

lmao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Shogun gonna get beasted.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Google Butt posted:

that's my favorite theory and i chose to believe it

evolution is also a theory

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
198 was designed by an rear end in a top hat

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lets all put our cards on the table: who thinks shogun loses to corey anderson and who is still a believer

put ten whole dollars to remain a believer because while shogun is old + busted, Corey Anderson is real real bad and if I'm remembering correctly should have lost to filthy Tom. Sound logic, secure finances, safe future

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Who wants to see brown get wrestled, Shogun turn into his brother, Silva and jacare get domed and cyborg beat up a 125er?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Biafraid posted:

put ten whole dollars to remain a believer because while shogun is old + busted, Corey Anderson is real real bad and if I'm remembering correctly should have lost to filthy Tom. Sound logic, secure finances, safe future

Yes, but has the horrible realization that Filthy Tom could beat Shogun on these days not dawned on you?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Basing my opinion entirely on that promo clip where shogun looked like an anthropomorphic beanbag chair, I'm gonna say he loses a tepid decision.

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.

Bluedeanie posted:

Yes, but has the horrible realization that Filthy Tom could beat Shogun on these days not dawned on you?

argh, dang it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

It's the voice of a new generation. Also, same.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

Well, poo poo.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

vainman posted:

Who wants to see brown get wrestled, Shogun turn into his brother, Silva and jacare get domed and cyborg beat up a 125er?

Me

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

vainman posted:

I had forgotten Shogun even has a brother. Then, when your post reminded me, I had to concentrate for like three straight minutes to remember Shogun's real name so I could look him up. What I'm saying is: Shogun is irrelevant.

How the hell is Shogun only 34 years old. That can't be right.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Centripetal Horse posted:

I had forgotten Shogun even has a brother. Then, when your post reminded me, I had to concentrate for like three straight minutes to remember Shogun's real name so I could look him up. What I'm saying is: Shogun is irrelevant.

Eh 34 is 90 in brazillian years. They age a brazillian times faster.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

When he had that amazing fight with Hendo, with two old battlers trading earth shaking punches, going past the limits of human endurance and visibly gasping from the effort of standing up again, Shogun was 29 years old.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Shogun met his wife while undergoing rehab for knee surgery. She was his physiotherapist.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

vainman posted:

That sounds like an amazing advertisement, you've got my 39.95.

Seriously guys, I get up and there's 90 new posts in the thread and it was just idiots talking about poo poo they don't understand and being slapped down by the Dog Father? For reference, there were 170 new posts when RDA had a sore foot, so I was expecting news at least half as interesting.

Imagine he didn't break his foot though, what a crazy, Nate-free discussion thread this would have been. Be glad we live in this, the brightest of all timelines.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

BlindSite posted:

Eh 34 is 90 in brazillian years. They age a brazillian times faster.

Well done. I don't know how to make a non-sarcastic clapping smiley.

Snowman_McK posted:

When he had that amazing fight with Hendo, with two old battlers trading earth shaking punches, going past the limits of human endurance and visibly gasping from the effort of standing up again, Shogun was 29 years old.

drat. I think, in my brain, Shogun has been forty years old ever since September 22, 2007.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i have vivid memories of watching shogun literally die in the octagon several times, but reality makes me doubt this. hm.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Shogun is one of 4 people ever to get choked out by Chael Sonnen. Bryan Stann, Tim McKenzie and some guy named Scott Shipmen are the only other people to share that dubious honor.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I was in attendance for Chael/Shogun and I laughed a lot.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Also Overeem/Brown was on it too which was amazing.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqGQCYiODo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://streamable.com/j13c

the way he smokes guida is beautiful

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

him begging for mercy for lamas was cool too. god drat chad's good.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

vainman posted:

Chick Diaz upsetting Cyborg would be the best thing.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Today I went back and watched Robbie Lawler's fights from Hendricks 1 to Condit all in a row. It's a good activity and I recommend that everybody do it

Round five against him is probably scary as hell. I guess if you're tired when the fifth round starts you can probably say to yourself "yeah but the other guy's tired too" and take heart from that, but when it's Brutal Bob it's basically guaranteed that at some point in the next five minutes he's going to throw a series of flurries at you that could probably kill a horse. I can't envision going into that scenario and not being terrified on some level.

(Incidentally Condit owns for hanging through that entire last minute)

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Trast posted:

Chick Diaz upsetting Cyborg would be the best thing.

Leslie Smith is so goddamn likable. I really hope she wins, far more than I hope Cyborg loses.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Shogun has only lost once and that was to Jon Jones, the best fighter ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Skip My Posts posted:

Sweet vid. Chads got that beastly combination of power and speed

• Locked thread