Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Strange looking dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/cincinnatizoo/status/1754233431158906986?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Azhais posted:

Since we all love Sphinxes around here, Girl With The Dogs had a sphinx kitten visitor today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TkYBxVCev4

Love those little goblins :3:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfuaPwUMOF0

Numero6 has a new favorite as of 01:45 on Feb 6, 2024

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Fighting Trousers posted:

What an extremely good boy!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/SarahMackAttack/status/1754335449609355266?s=20

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Crossposting my cute little cat distribution story because it belongs here too:

We live in a pretty rural area, and right around Halloween these two feral cats showed up on our back porch during a Halloween party we were having:

We suspect that they were babies of a feral female tortie we'd been seeing the past year. We fed them a can of tuna and went back to the party. They started showing up every day and so we started buying canned cat food, and by December we were able to feed them with our back door open sitting a ways away from them. As the weather got colder (we live in Northern Minnesota), we started to let them come into the house to eat, with the our dogs locked in another room. We learned that our neighbors had been feeding them also (hotdogs, lol), and had already named them Prince and Willie (there used to be a grey sibling but the wildlife got him), but they couldn't own cats and had no plan to keep them (we just found out that our neighbor was going to "mercy dispatch" them before the negative temps started). We lured them into our house to trap them and take them to a vet to get their rabies shots and to get them neutered. We had planned to re-release them into the wild since they were feral and we already have two dogs (1 a tiny senior dog). Fast forward to the end of their recovery time in our spare room, and they had been so chill and awesome that we decided to keep them! A pic from their recovery room:

Any excuse we had to get rid of them (what if they were bad w/ the dogs, what if they couldn't figure out litterboxes, etc.) was debunked right away. Aside from them going absolutely apeshit around feeding times, they are little angels! They don't show any food aggression towards us or the dogs, but they just jump around all crazy and meow a lot. I am very biased, but I LOVE them and they are so beautiful, like friggin' models. Anyways, we haven't decided on if we are keeping their old names but we are leaning towards CASE and TARS. Here is a photo dump!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://i.imgur.com/3KbTfsw.mp4

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Holy poo poo those are beautiful little creatures. So glad they adopted you and you complied. Can't imagine seeing them and thinking "best thing to do is off them before it gets cold."

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Great story and photos! Thank you for sharing.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Oh my God those two are so amazingly photogenic.

I also absolutely love it when dogs and cats get along, it's just a perfect match when it goes well.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Norse Code posted:

We live in a pretty rural area, and right around Halloween these two feral cats showed up on our back porch during a Halloween party we were having:

We suspect that they were babies of a feral female tortie we'd been seeing the past year. We fed them a can of tuna and went back to the party. They started showing up every day and so we started buying canned cat food, and by December we were able to feed them with our back door open sitting a ways away from them. As the weather got colder (we live in Northern Minnesota), we started to let them come into the house to eat, with the our dogs locked in another room. We learned that our neighbors had been feeding them also (hotdogs, lol), and had already named them Prince and Willie (there used to be a grey sibling but the wildlife got him), but they couldn't own cats and had no plan to keep them (we just found out that our neighbor was going to "mercy dispatch" them before the negative temps started). We lured them into our house to trap them and take them to a vet to get their rabies shots and to get them neutered. We had planned to re-release them into the wild since they were feral and we already have two dogs (1 a tiny senior dog). Fast forward to the end of their recovery time in our spare room, and they had been so chill and awesome that we decided to keep them! A pic from their recovery room:

Any excuse we had to get rid of them (what if they were bad w/ the dogs, what if they couldn't figure out litterboxes, etc.) was debunked right away. Aside from them going absolutely apeshit around feeding times, they are little angels! They don't show any food aggression towards us or the dogs, but they just jump around all crazy and meow a lot. I am very biased, but I LOVE them and they are so beautiful, like friggin' models. Anyways, we haven't decided on if we are keeping their old names but we are leaning towards CASE and TARS. Here is a photo dump!

It’s been a really stressful day, just winding down, and this was the most perfect feel good post I could imagine.

Thank you for sharing!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/qOccXv4.mp4

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

What an amazing case of good luck all round! Beautiful kitties got a loving home, and you got some loving, very beautiful kitties :3:

Little Henry news - it's coming up on a year since his major hip surgery, and he is 100%, better than before he even had noticeable hip trouble. He can even comfortably sploot completely flat on the ground.

We took him for a walk in the park today, and while I was waiting for family to catch up, I got talking to a couple.
Turned out they had had shih tzus until very recently, and wanted to know all about our Henry puppy.
While we we talking and the woman of the pair was crouching to say hi to him, he voluntarily walked up to her, sniffed her hand, and quite contentedly let her scratch his butt and rub his ears. He was so into the ear rubs that he sort of playbowed so she could reach them more easily.

He's never ever been that relaxed with a stranger outside before; he seemed to know that she knew how to cuddle a worried little hairy dog, and I like to think he helped them feel a bit less sad about their departed pups.
I know that when my own Daisy died, I got a lot of comfort from petting little dogs who looked a bit like her.

edit: adding pictures - these last 2 are ones I sent my brother to remind him that Henry needs LUNCH

last edit: I am so glad to hear how well Newton is doing :kimchi:

Pookah has a new favorite as of 22:34 on Feb 5, 2024

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rust Martialis posted:

Update: he did not, in fact, stop (sour look)

:frogsiren: cat peen :frogsiren:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Norse Code posted:

Cats will worm their way in...good on you for opening your hearts and homes.

These guys clearly were mostly socialized to humans, but the trust takes time. Sometimes they'll just...wig out at sudden movements or noise. We have one boy adopted from a foster home, Dill, where mom had her kittens in the foster's home & they were around humans from the outset.

Even so: If anyone walks in to the laundry room while Dill is eating, he will panic-squirt away. If another one of our cats is eating with him, that other cat won't even slow down chowing away.

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 22:45 on Feb 5, 2024

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Norse Code posted:

I also have a ginger and a void and have been told by TikTok that this matchup is called a "Halloween Wombo Combo"

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I would happily pat....something in there. Not sure what I would be patting but I would pat it with gusto.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

What is that thing? The front paws look more like heads than its actual head.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
An anteater

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Hel posted:

It's an anteater, specifically a giant anteater. The funky fur on its front legs is thought to be a warning pattern to ward away potential predators. :eng101:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Hel posted:

The front paws look more like heads than its actual head.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I would happily pat....something in there. Not sure what I would be patting but I would pat it with gusto.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Everything visible in that picture is pattable, some of it is even scronchable

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Don't anteaters have huge sharp claws? Seems like this play fighting could go wrong fast.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Ancient Warrior.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

withak posted:

Don't anteaters have huge sharp claws? Seems like this play fighting could go wrong fast.

He has huge claws, but I get a feel from that video that his caregiver is playing gently enough that he doesn't get overexcited and deploy the big ol claws accidentally.
She lets him just about catch her leg and he almost immediately tumbles over for tummy rubs. It looks like a very gentle, loving relationship between good friends :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah anteaters are well aware they have murder mittens, they use them to defend themselves against predators after all. They're very cautious in how they use their hands.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I remember reading something where they were described as walking on their knuckles while holding a handful of steak knives.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Baaaabyyyy shark...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

withak posted:

I remember reading something where they were described as walking on their knuckles while holding a handful of steak knives.

Not really steak knives, more like axes. Their claws are extremely useful in self-defense against jaguars and drunk hunters but their main use is tearing open tree-trunks to get the ants and termites inside

winnydpu
May 3, 2007
Sugartime Jones

Before this gets forgotten, what amazing comedic timing. Extended back-up, pause and then the payoff we all wanted to see.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Hel posted:

Dog

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Borzoi, to be specific.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thought the paws were heads for a bit

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

winnydpu posted:

Before this gets forgotten, what amazing comedic timing. Extended back-up, pause and then the payoff we all wanted to see.

The best part is it appears to go for a 2nd ram at the end

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Hel posted:

RandolphCarter posted:

Thought the paws were heads for a bit

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Oh no! Two pandas are approaching me, I'd best skedaddle!

--a succulent stem of bamboo

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

to complete the anteater set:

Tamandua

Silky anteater

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/1BDXeCi.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Winklebottom posted:

to complete the anteater set:

Tamandua

In Brazil we call all species tamanduá, the giant one is Tamanduá-bandeira.

Elias_Maluco has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Feb 6, 2024