Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Keep looking at it, it gets worse the longer you examine.

https://twitter.com/garygastelu/status/1252211018287251462?s=19

I'm the knock off Porsche headlights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Keep looking at it, it gets worse the longer you examine.

https://twitter.com/garygastelu/status/1252211018287251462?s=19

This is some Will.I.Am-grade nonsense.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

a bold statement from an Altima driver

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
goes well with the thin blue line chud sticker

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

If you turned that sign around so it could be seen in the rearview this would be the wrong thread.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Uthor posted:

Context?

Did someone get ripped off buying and "AWD" car with fake badges?

Hard to tell but looks like a regular MINI hatchback. They don’t even make those in all wheel drive as far as I know.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

hey here's a nice car

let's gently caress it up

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

sarcastx posted:

let's gently caress it up

I can't stop thinking about how if they swapped the 20s out for staggered width 14s with A/T tires it would be in the other thread. Pep Boys defuser and all

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Hard to tell but looks like a regular MINI hatchback. They don’t even make those in all wheel drive as far as I know.

I saw a mini the other day with the ALL4 badge the other day. Don`t know if it had AWD or not. Nor do I recallif it was 2 door or 4 door. A 5 second googling shows that here is at least one model of Mini with it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Does "ALL4" not imply all wheel drive or some four wheel drive variant?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I assumed it meant it included all 4 doors.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

MetaJew posted:

Does "ALL4" not imply all wheel drive or some four wheel drive variant?

Hence the customer's confusion in the original post:

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/3PW7oGk.mp4

sound on

Transcript:

Customer complains all wheel drive is not working ... I wonder why

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
According to Mini's website, All4 is indeed their term for AWD.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

wesleywillis posted:

I saw a mini the other day with the ALL4 badge the other day. Don`t know if it had AWD or not. Nor do I recallif it was 2 door or 4 door. A 5 second googling shows that here is at least one model of Mini with it.

The Countryman and Clubman models can have it, but the Hatch doesn’t. I might be wrong but the car in the clip looks like a Hatch.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lord Ludikrous posted:

The Countryman and Clubman models can have it, but the Hatch doesn’t. I might be wrong but the car in the clip looks like a Hatch.

That's a countryman fender badge.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

"Taxi" is apparently a whole other thing in the south...

taxi-dermy :v:

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Powershift posted:

That's a countryman fender badge.

Yep and yep. Thing is, it looks absolutely factory-fresh underneath.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

meltie posted:

Yep and yep. Thing is, it looks absolutely factory-fresh underneath.

Badge fuckups aren't super-uncommon in Chrysler plants. This one looks skeevy with the lovely placement, though.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

needs lambo modding to escape this thread

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/SatoshaGurl/status/1253487002433081345?s=20

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
LOL holy gently caress

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Luckily mine hit just a little bit higher:

https://i.imgur.com/H5tDWVd.jpg
(Dead but not messy turkey)

joat mon fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 25, 2020

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
So y'all got to keep the turkeys right?

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

correct thread because it's from the plymouth voyager wiki page

I am genuinely curious how many supercharged 2.5L voyagers were sold with the 5-speed

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Didn't those 3-speeds nearly hang around until the Obama administration in various Chryslers?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'd ask please don't post pictures of dead animals inline, but no idea how that works with twitter automatically showing up. So I dunno, just make sure to mark it nms or something? :v:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
If you use :nws: tags, IIRC the twitter won't embed.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

cephalopods posted:

correct thread because it's from the plymouth voyager wiki page

I am genuinely curious how many supercharged 2.5L voyagers were sold with the 5-speed

Turbo. :colbert: Not many at all, and when you do see a turbo (I haven't seen one in at least 10 years), they're usually automatic. I've never seen that combo in person, I've only seen automatics. I've seen one 5 speed Voyager/Caravan (and it was in a junkyard), but it was a stripper model with the base engine.

You could still option the Voyager/Caravan with a 5 speed up until the end of the 95 model year, but only with the weakest engines aside from the two or three years you could get a factory turbo.

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

STR posted:

Turbo. :colbert: Not many at all, and when you do see a turbo (I haven't seen one in at least 10 years), they're usually automatic. I've never seen that combo in person, I've only seen automatics. I've seen one 5 speed Voyager/Caravan (and it was in a junkyard), but it was a stripper model with the base engine.

You could still option the Voyager/Caravan with a 5 speed up until the end of the 95 model year, but only with the weakest engines aside from the two or three years you could get a factory turbo.

Aw, how'd I misread that :(

Maybe I just loved (hated) the idea of a belt driven supercharger on a vehicle already prone to ear-splitting belt screech.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

cephalopods posted:

Aw, how'd I misread that :(

Maybe I just loved (hated) the idea of a belt driven supercharger on a vehicle already prone to ear-splitting belt screech.

There was a Sport Edition Voyager available in Europe. It had a five speed manual, nice interior, and I think some spoilers. I drove one for a weekend in the late 90's.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

In the US, you could only get the turbo, officially, for 2 model years. I want to say it was an unofficial checkbox on order forms for the earliest ones too, but I can't find anything online about that.

If you could find a factory 5 speed model, you could drop any of the K-car motors in that were originally offered with a manual with little (physical) modification. The SRT4 Neon engine drops in pretty easily on later models from what I've heard, supposedly a manual pedal box is a fairly easy swap on the later non-K based vans? (all automatic after they moved away from the K-car platform) Good luck finding a SRT4 Neon engine that isn't garbage though.

I don't think you want a belt-driven supercharger on an engine that only makes 100 hp (PEAK!) in N/A trim. :v: A turbo is a much better fit for that shitturd of an engine. An extra 50 HP out of that pile from the factory is pretty drat respectable, and they handled cranking up the boost decently. Not as well as the Buick Grand National 3.8 (where just cranking up boost meant wheelies and 12 second 1/4 miles until something blew up), but they handled extra power pretty well.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 25, 2020

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

STR posted:

In the US, you could only get the turbo, officially, for 2 model years. I want to say it was an unofficial checkbox on order forms for the earliest ones too, but I can't find anything online about that.

If you could find a factory 5 speed model, you could drop any of the K-car motors in that were originally offered with a manual with little (physical) modification. The SRT4 Neon engine drops in pretty easily on later models from what I've heard, supposedly a manual pedal box is a fairly easy swap on the later non-K based vans? (all automatic after they moved away from the K-car platform) Good luck finding a SRT4 Neon engine that isn't garbage though.

I don't think you want a belt-driven supercharger on an engine that only makes 100 hp (PEAK!) in N/A trim. :v: A turbo is a much better fit for that shitturd of an engine. An extra 50 HP out of that pile from the factory is pretty drat respectable, and they handled cranking up the boost decently. Not as well as the Buick Grand National 3.8 (where just cranking up boost meant wheelies and 12 second 1/4 miles until something blew up), but they handled extra power pretty well.

4th gen Caravans were available with a manual in Europe when mated to the little diesel motor. I think the Taiwanese Caravans had a manual as well. Those vans are far better to drive than they have any right to be, I can't imagine one with a Neon SRT engine. Torque steer everywhere, all the time.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/qu21U7O.gifv

Mustang gon' Mustang

And apparently bears gon' bear

Memento fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 26, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hmmmm, maybe I don't want a Mustang.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/qu21U7O.gifv

Mustang gon' Mustang

And apparently bears gon' bear

I drove a supercharged SN95 for over a year, and never once powerslode it through traffic,wtf?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Elviscat posted:

I drove a supercharged SN95 for over a year, and never once powerslode it through traffic,wtf?

It's kinda of just a cliche, that you're probably too good a driver to have fallen for. Lots of people that buy Mustangs aren't used to the power in a reasonably light, reasonably short wheelbase car, and how easy they are to spin when you've dropped the hammer. Mustangs pulling out of Cars and Coffee meets are the real stereotype.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Terrible car poo poo: a rock somewhere between the size of a golf ball and a baseball nailed was kicked up and struck the windshield of my fiance's TTS on the freeway today.

The rock managed to strike the glass just above the hood and bounce over the top of the car. So now we have a spiderweb of cracks that have spread quite a bit, with one in the inside layer running all the way up to the top edge near the roof. No body damage, at least.

I had just finished, over the last few days detailing and putting a few coats of sealant on it. I guess when she gets a new windshield I'll have a chance to try applying one of those ceramic windshield coatings.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
re: mustang things.

https://twitter.com/BMac102/status/1254112656702623744

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Does all that weight over the rear axle help keep it from oversteering into guard rails?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Memento posted:

It's kinda of just a cliche, that you're probably too good a driver to have fallen for. Lots of people that buy Mustangs aren't used to the power in a reasonably light, reasonably short wheelbase car, and how easy they are to spin when you've dropped the hammer. Mustangs pulling out of Cars and Coffee meets are the real stereotype.

still very impressive to spin a car going a straight line