Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
It's great that the show removed the need to read these books. And this thread removed the need to watch the show. I feel like I'm free and it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Can't wait for the awkward moment next year, when Jon learns he's been giving the Lord's Kiss to his aunt.

Also bummed Sansa won't swing the sword. Would be so much more satisfying than Arya killing LF.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They'll have a big long talk about Arya being "the sword" and Sansa being "the hand" or something equally stupid.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

esperterra posted:

Can't wait for the awkward moment next year, when Jon learns he's been giving the Lord's Kiss to his aunt.

Also bummed Sansa won't swing the sword. Would be so much more satisfying than Arya killing LF.

It's fine though because it will come with the realization that he's a targ and that everyone's cool with them doing the incest.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm sure the show esp will swing that way, or just forget they're so closely related in the first place.

Still, seems like something Jon wouldn't be chill with.

e: then again he's a corpse mb he doesn't care any more and that will finally be the show giving him some kind of price he paid!!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah if anything Dany is the one getting screwed over here, what with boning a zombie and all. And we've already seen that he's been opened up like a cadaver on an autopsy table, so, bleh.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Incestuous necrophilia. GoT is really upping the sex ante.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why does the show not like penis anymore. First season we got poisoner man penis and hodor junk, but now they're scared to show the gray worm.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Actors revolting against nude scenes?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Does Gray Worm still have his dick? I thought they took the whole kit and kaboodle like they did with Varys.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

*youtube theorist voice* I believe they would leave Unsullied with the use of their dongs, to maintain most efficient peeing logistics while on campaign

penectomy can produce urological problems

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
That's a good point. You're probably right.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
so neil degrasse tyson is making a game about wanting to gently caress your sister and eat pizza??

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A game of pepperones

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

esperterra posted:

Incestuous necrophilia. GoT is really upping the sex ante.

You should read Meathouse Man.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

HoAssHo posted:

Does Gray Worm still have his dick? I thought they took the whole kit and kaboodle like they did with Varys.

pretty pretty pretty sure that's the deal for all unsullied

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

You should read Meathouse Man.

mods please either ban them for referring to this or change their user name to it

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

syscall girl posted:

pretty pretty pretty sure that's the deal for all unsullied

Yeah. They only go to whores to cuddle.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

OperaMouse posted:

Yeah. They only go to whores to cuddle.

yeah that one fool in Meereen got caught pants down by sons of the harpy or w/e

but i guess they can still do oral and ask for help with prostate issues?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

remember how barristan got owned by 10 random peasants despite being the greatest living swordsman in westeros

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

remember how barristan got owned by 10 random peasants despite being the greatest living swordsman in westeros

well this thread can't let me forget it

so yeah i do

they weren't peasants though

they were sons of wealthy slave owners who probably had a magical :orb: JO session and decent weapons and armor

spent some time down in the gladiator pits and picked up some of the moves and then drunkenly battled each other with practice swords on the weekends

but no way should those rear end-clowns have taken selmy and unsullied

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
go ahead and watch a garbage scene from a garbage show from a garbage writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2StNUiYdilk

it'll piss you right off

absolute nonsense

Max
Nov 30, 2002

syscall girl posted:

go ahead and watch a garbage scene from a garbage show from a garbage writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2StNUiYdilk

it'll piss you right off

absolute nonsense

How it should have gone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJO2UfG9KcI

Boring, rote, everyday job.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Further proof that Dany is a bad leader: she chose as Captain of her Queensguard a dude who got wrecked by some goon with a letter opener.

And Jon has a bunch of noble dandies who regularly get scolded by a 9 year old girl.

Meanwhile Cersei has a 700 pound, 8 foot tall Zombie Hulk. (and Randyll Tarly's 20 good men)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
the unsullied were supposed to be well, special

child-murderers but they never had a choice in the matter

selmy was supposed to be this great swordsman but he got taken down by some brosephs while rushing to the aid of the guys who shouldn't need any aid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MYxtpGxGJI

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i mean this guy dropped the mic like a pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OaMvxVHFs4

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It actually has more to do with the fight choreography in Game of Thrones being utter dogshit. The only good fight in the show was the Hound versus Brienne, and that was instead ruined by horrible editing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

It actually has more to do with the fight choreography in Game of Thrones being utter dogshit. The only good fight in the show was the Hound versus Brienne, and that was instead ruined by horrible editing.

I thought Jaime vs. Brienne was okay because he'd been sitting in a wooden box or whatever and severely weakened. Then they were interrupted due to his stupidity. But it was a "clank clank" fight.

Clegane vs. Brienne was epic for just ugly down in the dirt serious no loving around fighting.

Been a while since seeing that.

I'd guess she could have taken Jaime out at his full strength, but I'm a huge fan of her character.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's been ages, but I seem to recall Tyrion's trial by combat at the Eyrie being a good fight.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

It's been ages, but I seem to recall Tyrion's trial by combat at the Eyrie being a good fight.

Bronn was brutal in that. I re-watched it last night after talking with a friend about the good stuff in GoT

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

"You fight without honor."
"He did."

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

tbf Barristan took down like 7 or 8 of those however many guys (twenty goodmen?) before they finished mobbing him

might've been a bad-looking fight scene, but I didn't take it as Barristan chumping out as a fighter so much as Barristan getting written into a dumb corner

sacrificed on the blood-altar of plot expedience

Arcsquad12 posted:

the oberyn vs gregor twirly wushu bullshit fight was rad
and I'll fight anyone who says different

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PupsOfWar posted:

tbf Barristan took down like 7 or 8 of those however many guys (twenty goodmen?) before they finished mobbing him

might've been a bad-looking fight scene, but I didn't take it as Barristan chumping out as a fighter so much as Barristan getting written into a dumb corner

oberyn had him dead to rights but his ego took him out of the game

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
They do fine at single combat.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Seasons 2-3 of Buffy had good fight choreography

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

ramsay vs. dogs was also a good fight

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

Apparently the scene was rewritten to make him die like a chump instead of a hero because after the actor saw the initial script he wrote a letter to the producers about how important Barristan is to Danny's arc and if they would reconsider their decision.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PupsOfWar posted:

ramsay vs. dogs was also a good fight

I'll watch anything where Gordon Ramsay is attacked by animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Solice Kirsk posted:

They'll have a big long talk about Arya being "the sword" and Sansa being "the hand" or something equally stupid.

Can't wait for the Arya I do everything I do because you're better than me and not because I like them scene this season. If you like salt check the internet after that episode is gonna be good.