Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

lil mortimer posted:

You want equality, earn it.

This right here is the bullshit.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

I'm a Jew and you know what I do? I tip really well. Because I think it's my duty to contradict a stereotype I don't like.

Good luck with that strategy. All it takes is one salient example of someone being a lovely tipper and they've canceled out every tip you've ever made.

Edit:
If you want equality. Take it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Rick_Hunter posted:

This right here is the bullshit.

YOU HAVE TO EARN EQUALITY.

You will not be allowed to challenge the status quo in any way during the process of earning your equality, otherwise we will brand you a thug and race baiting pimp.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
The bit about tipping really jumped out at me.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

lil mortimer posted:

The bit about tipping really jumped out at me.

It's literally "I paid my way with tips, pay yours with bullets. Ingrates."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

StealthArcher posted:

It's literally "I paid my way with tips, pay yours with bullets. Ingrates."

Don't joke about his campaign against antisemitism. His tips single-handedly prevented a second Holocaust.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Reverse Reparations

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I decided to go to  the Mosque for a first time to see what it was all about.  

I sat down and the  Iman came up to me, laid his hands on my hand and said “By the will of  Allah the All Mighty and the Prophet Mohamed you will walk  today." 

I told him I was not  paralyzed. 

He came back and  laid his hands on me and repeated the same thing. Again I told him  there is nothing wrong with me.

After the  prayers I stepped outside and lo and behold my loving car had been  stolen.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

I sat down and the  Iman came up to me, laid his hands on my hand and said “By the will of  Allah the All Mighty and the Prophet Mohamed you will walk  today." 

He came back and  laid his hands on me and repeated the same thing. Again I told him  there is nothing wrong with me.

After the  prayers I stepped outside and lo and behold my loving car had been  stolen.

Honestly, if you kept the religion vague, this'd be a straight up joke, and kinda funny. instead i'm getting vibes of Islamophobia.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

StealthArcher posted:

Honestly, if you kept the religion vague, this'd be a straight up joke, and kinda funny. instead i'm getting vibes of Islamophobia.
Yeah, I chuckled, but the undertones are pretty awful.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

StealthArcher posted:

I've heard the exact same joke about a Christian faith healer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

"But I live in Camden New Jersey so yanno man."

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Believe it or not, I am not the author of this post.

It's not a terrible post though, aside from the ridiculous bit about "earning equality" as though not everybody inherently deserves it.

Of all the anti-semitism I've encountered though, tipping has never really entered the equation. Maybe because this area doesn't have enough Jews for anybody's confirmation biases to be verified.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Randandal posted:

It's not a terrible post though, aside from the ridiculous bit about "earning equality" as though not everybody inherently deserves it.

Yes it is, having a moan in a street has never fixed loving anything. You want change, you loving set fire to things.

- Mandela, paraphrased.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

ZenVulgarity posted:

I sat down and the  Iman came up to me, laid his hands on my hand and
Every Mosque has a Somali supermodel who will hold hands with you. No wonder it's the world's fastest-growing religion.

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 9, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Randandal posted:

Also the bit about "well why isn't anyone talking about black cops shooting white people???"

That's pretty terrible.

(hint: the justice system doesn't automatically acquit you if you kill a white person)

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Not sure how burning a flag has anything to do with calling the cops when you're in trouble.

Pretty much every line is stupid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kajeesus posted:

(hint: the justice system doesn't automatically acquit you if you kill a white person)
Well there goes LF's weekend plans :(

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Randandal posted:

You tell yourself you're a real leftist just criticizing the goofy leftists, yet in every post you're either complaining about the dumb lazy blacks and their made-up racism or agreeing with openly racist dipshits who can't even acknowledge that black men are targeted by cops for harassment.

What's up with that? Are you just not good at this trolling thing? Or are you just so dumb you think as long as you disagree with the most racist part of a "shutup and accept your lot, blacks" rant it makes you not racist by comparison?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
There is always more, and it is always :stonk:

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

hamster_style posted:

I feel for cops who put their life on the line and it ends up in tragedy. I guess the answer is to shoot first, and be cleared/not charged later.

It's true, these were tragic. I actually did read about a couple of those at the time, because I'm a news fiend. The police dog story made me so sad I skipped dinner.
But the fact remains that zero of these officers were killed by unarmed civilians. Nor any of them by people with their backs turned.

quote:

Parent chat: my mom once told me she's rather I come out as gay than to date a black girl. :( I did however go to prom with a super cool black gal and she had no problem with it. Unlike the rest of my family she isn't outwardly racist, and has never said anything racist(beyond this). This was in the mid 90s FWIW. Not that it excuses it.
Oh, man, if my parents told me that, I'd have come home with a black "boyfriend" just to really rattle their jimmies.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

VitalSigns posted:

You tell yourself you're a real leftist just criticizing the goofy leftists, yet in every post you're either complaining about the dumb lazy blacks and their made-up racism or agreeing with openly racist dipshits who can't even acknowledge that black men are targeted by cops for harassment.

What's up with that? Are you just not good at this trolling thing? Or are you just so dumb you think as long as you disagree with the most racist part of a "shutup and accept your lot, blacks" rant it makes you not racist by comparison?

Hey he's totally not racist, one time he even told his family that the Redskins was a bad football team name, which proves how not racist he is.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Dan Druff is a woman.

Not pictured, a 25+ comment debate about pay inequality (not by me, I didn't touch the poop)

e: Facebook is apparently a goldmine today

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 10, 2014

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

aBagorn posted:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

VitalSigns posted:

As Ta-Nehisi Coates recently pointed out, there's a lot of racism on the supposed left.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

aBagorn posted:

That is almost exactly one of those panels from that Bors 9/11 cartoon, which I can't find right now.

Edit: It may have been the "Modern World", but it's the one with the guy in the burning tower asking if anyone can see him, and it's a bunch of people saying "I can see you, and I'll use your death to..."

Edit: VVV Thanks, that was proving annoying to find.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 10, 2014

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AFewBricksShy posted:

That is almost exactly one of those panels from that Bors 9/11 cartoon, which I can't find right now.

Edit: It may have been the "Modern World", but it's the one with the guy in the burning tower asking if anyone can see him, and it's a bunch of people saying "I can see you, and I'll use your death to..."

That wasn't a Bors, it was a Sutton.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I found a new breed of sovereign citizen being started.

quote:

Federal Healthcare Regulations supersede state law and establish that you have the right to communicate in any way you choose with your healthcare provider. By definition in the Final Rule and Omnibus Rule anyone that provides, bills, or pays for health care services is a health care provider. This includes you.

Health services are defined in federal regulations as anything that supports the health of an individual.

You are a healthcare provider.

You are also a Health Plan.

A Health Plan is defined in federal regulations as any person that pays for health services. This includes massage, food, bathing, organizing community health events, and all the communications involved with any of those things.

The Chicago Stingray operation the other day?

That was a violation of federally protected Privacy Rights. Those people were communicating with their health support team to coordinate a peaceful protest. It does not matter that the protesters do not think of themselves as Healthcare Providers. There are minimum penalties written into the law that are effective regardless of whether or not the police were aware of violating federal regulations.

TLDR: When you record an event involving state police, you are communicating with your health support team via recording (recording is the form of communication) to support the health of yourself and the people harassed by the cops. Federal Regulations prohibit the police from retaliating.

https://www.datarights.us

The FCC needs to know about federally protected Privacy and Medical Rights and how they effect Net Neutrality.

Please take a moment to sign the White House Petition.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

borkencode posted:

quote:

You are a healthcare provider.

You are also a Health Plan.
You are also a boat.
*Tries you under Admiralty Law*

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Guavanaut posted:

You are also a boat.
*Tries you under Admiralty Law*

I still don't know if "Berth certificate" is a joke or not.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

borkencode posted:

"Instead of fighting to change the law to protect our privacy, lets find the most convoluted way to apply HIPAA to ourselves."

I have a feeling if these people knew what HIPAA compliance actually involved, they'd do a pretty quick 180.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
"In my professional opinion this man isn't able to make his own health decisions."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fulchrum posted:

That wasn't a Bors, it was a Sutton.

Holy poo poo. I'll have to remember to put that up next 9/11.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I still don't know if "Berth certificate" is a joke or not.

Pretty sure its a sovereign citizenfreeman on the land one.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't care what happens to terrorists, gently caress 'em.
But we have absolutely no idea if these people were terrorists and absolutely know a few were not.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Duke Igthorn posted:

But we have absolutely no idea if these people were terrorists and absolutely know a few were not.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I think 20% is more than 'a few'.

Also we apparently did gently caress 'em.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Duke Igthorn posted:

Look you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette alright?

And by break I mean detain indefinitely without trial and torture. And by eggs I mean innocent human beings.

:smithicide:

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Blessed are the one stupid friend from high schools who joined the army band and shat out 3 kids and are constantly surrounded by terrible opinions--they know not what they are saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Traitor! :byodood: