Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
As much I'd like HBO to finish Dunk and Egg for him, a small-scale, episodic series probably wouldn't get enough eyeballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lycus posted:

As much I'd like HBO to finish Dunk and Egg for him, a small-scale, episodic series probably wouldn't get enough eyeballs.

Yeah sure but aren't they really going forward with Wild Cards?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
ASoIaF: "Hodor" Said Hodor.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Catberry posted:

ASoIaF: "Hodor" Said Hodor.

ASoIaF: "Do I look like a loving doorstop?" Said Hodor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TOOT BOOT posted:

None of the potential spinoffs are about Dunk & Egg because he still plans to write the rest of them someday and doesn't want his second most famous series taken away from him too. Really.

Won't let them finish Dunk and Egg because he wants to finish them.
Lets them finish ASOIAF

:thunk:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

syscall girl posted:

This seems bad on the face of it, but on the bright side it'll stop him from writing anymore Wild Cards :eng101:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Today's episode of the popular Game of Thrones TV spinoff of the early 1990s direct-to-VHS fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire" reminded me that these books are terrible.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cersei's S&M dungeon hour

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hmmm let's have nothing happen for two seasons so we just have armies teleport around for a couple episodes to make things even for stupid rear end reasons.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Or maybe there were 2 months between the last episodes!

Just think though when GRRM releases the books we'll have all these things happen and half a book detailing what food is being served at every inn along the way!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm fine with the story hurrying up, but I wish they'd give some, any, indication of time passing. When talking about a battle that was won/lost have someone mention how many days/weeks ago it was at the least.

Everything about that scene just screams that Bronn's actor knew these girls were terrible and he was constantly afraid of hurting them during the shooting (and they were afraid of getting hurt)

Smiling Jack posted:

The show continuously underplays how dangerous the knights should be. The professionals like Jorah, Jamie, Loras and so on are literally trained from birth to be war machines and outfitted with top of the line armor.

There's a scene in the books where Victarion in full plate armor murders his way through an entire boat of lightly armored regular troops and suffers nothing more than a hand injury.

And he only takes the injury because he catches a sword blade mid-swing.

And now he has a magic(?) fire arm thanks to that red priest he rescued. If the books were ever going to get written I'd almost wonder if he lives long enough to fight the Others, and if said hand would have the same effect on them as fire or obsidian.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Cersei's S&M dungeon hour

that's like so last season

I mean, "that's so Cersei"

hehe, we have original ideas

swear

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like the really obvious double they used for the one scene of Cersei getting out of bed naked.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
It was about the time that Bran was telling Sansa how pretty she looked before he watched her get raped that I got the feeling that the ending to the series these guys write will not be satisfying at all.

This actually won’t provide any more closure than if we wrote the ending ourselves.

…..Please finish the books before you die George.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

All the spoilers so far have been true, amazing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
..like, dude, it's hard to explain, but like, I met max von sydow in a tree, and he was the raven, but then I raped hodor's brain in the past, so I became the raven... and then uncle benjen was a zombie, and then I saw you have sex with Ramsay... you're really hot when you're getting raped sis... dude, Theon lost his dick...

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

some guy on the bus posted:

It was about the time that Bran was telling Sansa how pretty she looked before he watched her get raped that I got the feeling that the ending to the series these guys write will not be satisfying at all.

This actually won’t provide any more closure than if we wrote the ending ourselves.

…..Please finish the books before you die George.

I don't mean to be rude or a stereotype itt (oh yeah I am) but George Martin dgaf about finishing the series.

We have the show. Hopefully he wrote some outlines for D&D that he plans on one day writing the exact opposite of just to be ya know, a dirty dick (I appreciate that aspect of him.)

This will occur just about when he gets his 72 virgins and his own planet.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

When is Bran going to, like, matter?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

TequilaJesus posted:

When is Bran going to, like, matter?

I think the only thing he has going is the trees

he's like the living embodiment of time-travel so he can do backstory about the AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL tower of joy scene

and such

sorry to say if ned and cat ever got it on in the weirwood's at winterfell (and let's face some awful facts they did) he was watching

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Bran is the original main character of the series back when it was like 1 chapter long so he'll do some poo poo by the end.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If nothing else he'll reveal TargarJon.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i'm gonna quote myself like a jerk

syscall girl posted:

Bran's belly was distended and taut, like boiled leather molded around an iron kettle. His bowels hadn't moved for days and although he could feel no pain below the waist he could hear his blood rushing through his ears the way it used to during a long climb through the parapets of Winterfell and his breath was short and wheezy. That morning, they ate another meal of Hodor's burnt squirrel and what Meera swore were herbs, although Bran thought they tasted more like dirty straw. And after, Bran in his basket, swinging with Hodor's gait fell into a fitful sleep. It was like the wolf dreams but different somehow, darker.

He dreamt something like the inky black hold of a ghost ship, perhaps one built by his own namesake, but uncrewed. The timbers creaked and groaned as though the ship were on high seas, and sure enough he felt queasy. Then it was though he had become that vast dark space, become the ship, he could feel all the interconnected parts, from the mast to the keel. Now his fingers were the spectral sailors, pulling at ropes pushing windlasses with the captain nowhere to be found. With no one to give command they labored at cross purposes, this one undoing what another had done, one furling and unfurling the sails, another mindlessly turning the rudder back and forth.

Then a voice came like a whisper from above. Was it his own voice? It was so quiet and the wind seemed to push it away, but here it came back deeper and stronger. He could barely make out the words.

"...rub.. eh.. oop ...eck."

The sailors stopped their pointless labors for once and cocked their ears.

"...iots.. the... deck!"

The sails went slack for a moment as the wind died and the voice, it was his he was sure of it now, could be heard.

"Scrub the poop deck, you whoresons!"

Suddenly, the sailors moved with purpose. In unison they began cleaning the ship from top to bottom. Bilge pumps were set in motion. Brushes and pails were handed out and the scaly rime of ages began to be stripped from the hull.

"No grog 'til we've beaten the clog!" the strangely distant captain shouted. The men quickly turned the rhyme into a lusty shanty and doubled their efforts.

Just as Bran felt the ship was being put at rights, out of the fog came another voice.

"Hodor!" it said angrily. And just like that, Bran was back in his basket.

He looked down to see his hands covered in dark, rich, creamy brown poo poo.

"HOOOODOOOOR!!!!" bellowed Hodor, trying to swivel his neck like a goose to see the foul smelling mess Bran's night soil had left down his back and breeches.

"Hodor, Hodor." he grumbled with an uncharacteristic look on his face.

Just then, Jojen returned from foraging.

Oblivious to what had happened he related how he'd found an overturned cart, nearly empty but for a couple of handfuls of old withered grapes.

"They may not look that appetizing, but I found two scoops of them. They'll make a decent breakfast I think."

Hodor bowed his head, eyes closed as Jojen went on.

"I don't know if you ate these in Winterfell but they call them..." his voice slowed as his eyes took in the scene "raisins, Bran."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder if Bran's gonna tell Arya she was cute when her dad's head got cut off

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Show: We need to cut out cool direwolves because CGI is pricey.

Also Show: Let's film a hypothetical siege that doesn't actually happen.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

At this point, probably?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

syscall girl posted:

i'm gonna quote myself like a jerk

Great job. Can you write a new one where Bran is watching his sister get raped from his tree place and he's pleasuring himself?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
"I apologize for bringing up these traumatic memories sis it just gets me really hard."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

How many episodes until Kelly C fucks her undead nephew?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Great job. Can you write a new one where Bran is watching his sister get raped from his tree place and he's pleasuring himself?

uhm one of my besties is a real life paraplegic and i felt pretty bad just writing that and sharing it with him

he can take a blue pill and pleasure a woman but he has issues feeling pleasure himself

but yeah, which sister? I'm gonna say sophia turner as sansa

i have some real dirty stuff on her

edit: he isn't full paraplegic actually he doesn't walk with a cane anymore can bike to work, etc

but he took a hard hit up in the half pipe and the helicopter medics hit him with steroids so some of his c5 or w/e vertebrae healed, sorta

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 31, 2017

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Lol my paraplegic friend who bikes to work.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

esperterra posted:

How many episodes until Kelly C fucks her undead nephew?

You gotta set that up properly. Hope you like a full season of Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington trying to act at each other.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I guess Davos forgot about Tyrion burning his son alive with fantasy napalm. Then again I'm sure nobody watching or writing this show remembers that Davos had a son.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
War is war.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

HoAssHo posted:

I got into ASOIAF because I was already a fan of his when AGOT came out.

I'm pretty sure you are 100% people in this thread who would say that. or admit to it. or something. having read, and liked, wildcards in highschool is my personal badge of shame.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

emanresu tnuocca posted:

"I apologize for bringing up these traumatic memories sis it just gets me really hard."

syscall girl posted:

"I don't know if you ate these in Winterfell but they call them..." his voice slowed as his eyes took in the scene "raisins, Bran."

Season 7 has breathed some new life into the thred for sure. well the last one is a classic, but you know. cracked me up reading it again.

syscall girl posted:

that isn't HBO, maybe syfi or something. Didn't he also say Dunk and Egg was definitely not one of the ones? Some sort of legal tangle with ownership that would make it complicated.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

This seems bad on the face of it, but on the bright side it'll stop him from writing anymore Wild Cards :eng101:

he hasn't written wildcards in decades. he just shits his name on em, and shills for em afterwards.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

syscall girl posted:

but yeah, which sister? I'm gonna say sophia turner as sansa

You didn't see the episode? Not only did Bran tell Sansa he watched her be raped, he let her know how pretty the night was and how she looked, which made it sound like it was enjoyable viewing to him. Sansa got creeped out and left him there. This was their first meeting together. (Sure to win D & D another writing emmy)

Oh that's right, Bran probably wouldn't be able to pleasure himself. Write it so that he just leaks out I guess.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Zenithe posted:

Show: We need to cut out cool direwolves because CGI is pricey.

Also Show: Let's film a hypothetical siege that doesn't actually happen.

Not one but two actual castle sieges are offscreen!

But the poorly shot fighting that they do show on film? Purely hypothetical

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Ive said it once but I have to say it again: I still cant believe that after all this time raising dragons and building up a huge rear end army to take Westeros, Dany finally arrives there and refuses to use either because this dumb show has to drag on for another 2 seasons

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

i81icu812 posted:

Not one but two actual castle sieges are offscreen!

But the poorly shot fighting that they do show on film? Purely hypothetical

Am I missing something? The attack on Casterly Rock actually happened. They just had Tyrion narrating it for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Meatsicle posted:

Am I missing something? The attack on Casterly Rock actually happened. They just had Tyrion narrating it for some reason.

The first four shots with him narrating are all hypotheticals for what would happen if they didn't use the sewer tunnel he designed.