Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Best part is that even Louis CK himself completely acknowledged that what he did was awful and lovely and put out something resembling a decent apology, making his fans seem like even bigger assholes:

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/929050106246115329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'm gonna be super bummed if it turns out Jim Gaffigan is a sexmonster.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Volcott posted:

Last night my girlfriend and I were talking about Louis CK and she had him mixed up with Jim Gaffigan and only figured out that she was thinking of the wrong comedian when I said "Well Louis CK talks about masturbation... a lot."

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Volcott posted:

He has had sex at least 5 times, so yeah.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm legit bothered that there's guys out there that think masturbating in front of women is okay, that it does no harm because they weren't touched.

Why are there so many broken people

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm legit bothered that there's guys out there that think masturbating in front of women is okay, that it does no harm because they weren't touched.

masturbating in front of women is totally okay

so long as they are interested in watching you whack it, that is

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Yawgmoth posted:

masturbating in front of women is totally okay

so long as they are interested in watching you whack it, that is

Even if they were interested, it probably also helps to get permission to do it first.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

It mostly seems to be the same argument people apply to lots of things, 'You can't complain about X because Y has it much worse'. So when they're looking at thier chart of Comedian serial sex offenders they see Bill Cosby is a serial rapist so what Louis CK did is way down the chart from that so they shouldn't complain about it. They'll leap to the defence of anything thats less than the full Cosby.

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SpacePig posted:

Even if they were interested, it probably also helps to get permission to do it first.

Well yeah, that's part of the problem. Dude had power over people on account of being comedy king of the hour. He had a lot of pull, so when he says "mind if I jerk off?" Women aren't in a position to go "gently caress off you weirdo" without possibly compromising their careers or standing in the comedy scene.

Anyways, content:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Metrofreak posted:

Well yeah, that's part of the problem. Dude had power over people on account of being comedy king of the hour. He had a lot of pull, so when he says "mind if I jerk off?" Women aren't in a position to go "gently caress off you weirdo" without possibly compromising their careers or standing in the comedy scene.

Anyways, content:

this idiot doesn't even know that he should be rolling persuasion, not straight charisma

fake geek boy

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Serf posted:

this idiot doesn't even know that he should be rolling persuasion, not straight charisma

fake geek boy

Like he has any points in persuasion anyway. Same difference at that point. And considering they probably have a -4 bonus to Charisma, I don't think a natural 20 is going to actually help.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Like he has any points in persuasion anyway. Same difference at that point. And considering they probably have a -4 bonus to Charisma, I don't think a natural 20 is going to actually help.

a generation of bad game design has instilled into people the idea that you will always have a 5% chance of an EPIC WIN no matter what

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Metrofreak posted:

He had a lot of pull,

:haw:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Serf posted:

a generation of bad game design has instilled into people the idea that you will always have a 5% chance of an EPIC WIN no matter what

Skill checks aren't automatic successes on nat 20s, but a lot of people played that way anyway. (I haven't played since 3.5, dunno if that's changed at all.)

Although I guess there's plenty of video games too that have arbitrary caps and minimums like that.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

So, I follow Polygon on Twitter as they usually have news that's more in line with my interests, and they tend to report on more niche things then others. Of course, they attract all kinds of folks that love to talk about how SJW Polygon is, and how they should stick to games, and not feelings, etc.

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/929047996951597056

They posted this today, and while expectedly none of the comments are good, some are rather out there...

https://twitter.com/ItsAllToast/status/929049797969039365

https://twitter.com/TerminalCreache/status/929066231176613888

https://twitter.com/TerminalCreache/status/929066681485398016

I'm on mobile if the formatting sucks, and public responses to a public page and what not.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Garrand posted:

Skill checks aren't automatic successes on nat 20s, but a lot of people played that way anyway. (I haven't played since 3.5, dunno if that's changed at all.)

Although I guess there's plenty of video games too that have arbitrary caps and minimums like that.
It hasn't changed, in that:
1) On skill checks a 1 still isn't an automatic failure, and a 20 isn't an automatic success
2) A lot of people still think they are

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Elysiume posted:

It hasn't changed, in that:
1) On skill checks a 1 still isn't an automatic failure, and a 20 isn't an automatic success
2) A lot of people still think they are

The modern system is "A confirmed hit after rolling a 20 is a 30, and a confirmed miss after rolling a 1 is a -10."

More people who like the fun parts of DnD should just play PBTA games instead.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Someone post that hitler webcomic where he comes as calm and collected as opposed to his frothing antagonist.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Found this on my feed (this is the link in the poster's comment)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goose willis posted:

I'm one of like five people who never paid any attention to Louis CK and I don't even know what his comedy is like so watching all the horrible reactions by equally horrible fans is just golden

You're not the only one. I've seen something like, 5 minutes of his stuff.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

yes because blackmail is the reason these fucks should be exposed, not, you know, to stop them from raping women and children as they please

it's blackmail

:thunk:

hot take, caller! next on hold we have Jack from Chicago who says Harvey Weinstein is actually a shapeshifting lizard!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Was this a review of Spam or something?

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
Canned cat food, I think.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Was this a review of Spam or something?

That cooked canned beef stuff

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

nerdz posted:

Someone post that hitler webcomic where he comes as calm and collected as opposed to his frothing antagonist.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
https://mobile.twitter.com/daveweigel/status/929102233806999553

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is the best part for me.

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/929103426667106304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have not yet received a trophy, medal, or plaque for my posting, which is :proof: that he's being, at best, disingenuous

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have not yet received a trophy, medal, or plaque for my posting, which is :proof: that he's being, at best, disingenuous

I got a blue star for my posting, but it was revoked.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Thanks dude, very helpful

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

since you appreciate the numbers, we're now at

for that insane tweet

that's some sort of unholy scorigami

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

CommonShore posted:

Last night my girlfriend and I were talking about Louis CK and she had him mixed up with Jim Gaffigan and only figured out that she was thinking of the wrong comedian when I said "Well Louis CK talks about masturbation... a lot."

To my knowledge, Louie never did commercials for the sicknasty Saturn SL2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7QGfoW_TE

Zombear
Dec 4, 2007
Catchphrase!
As a liberal, I will be personally owned by everyone who eats a can of cat food.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Now here's a hot take:

https://twitter.com/alseqatri/status/929095368763215873

(Screencap attached in case this gets deleted)

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Soooooo is he intentionally trying to give the Tucker Carlson Look™, because holy gently caress that's uncanny valley, how much his expression is dead on what Tuck's is.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TevoPrinters/status/929039672583495680

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Pastry of the Year posted:

since you appreciate the numbers, we're now at

for that insane tweet

that's some sort of unholy scorigami

Why is the world so horrible? :smith:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

sunken fleet posted:

Why is the world so horrible? :smith:
Because of the democrats, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

Thanks dude, very helpful

Amazon clothing is full of dudes like this, "modeling" the clothing. It's very unnerving