Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
It only took us five years but we finally saw the big green snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Sort of.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
who wants to make the kickstarter for Goatsestuck

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That's only a minion.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Freak Futanari posted:

who wants to make the kickstarter for Goatsestuck

just ask koos

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

frozentreasure posted:

Man, remember back when Vriska thought John and Tavros were dipshits for trying to talk to their denizens and not immediately fighting them?

Are you implying that Vriska, of all trolls, isn't perfect? :colbert:

Besides her morbid obesity. Holy poo poo.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hremsfeld posted:

Are you implying that Vriska, of all trolls, isn't perfect? :colbert:

Besides her morbid obesity. Holy poo poo.

Perfectly round, am i right?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Does this mean we should be using vriskas instead of cows when needing a sample object for physics equation practice?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

AriadneThread posted:

Does this mean we should be using vriskas instead of cows when needing a sample object for physics equation practice?

There's not really a difference, so it doesn't matter.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

frozentreasure posted:

Man, remember back when Vriska thought John and Tavros were dipshits for trying to talk to their denizens and not immediately fighting them?

Well, in her defense, they come from a culture where not being a backstabbing rear end in a top hat is considered a character flaw, so it was pretty reasonable for her to assume that their session was filled with murderous monsters, since they took aspects and traits from them.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
They're playing a video game. The denizen is a giant horrible monster. Of course it's for killing! And when it was killed, it gave a huge treasure reward.

Everyone knows the helpful all powerful beings in video games are slender women with rumble spheres barely concealed by diaphanous torso wraps, why would it be any different in Sgrub.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Vriska did nothing wrong, John's denizen straight-up killed him first time.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

I'll have you know John had a lovely chat with Typheus before anything untoward happened. :colbert:

ikaragu
Oct 24, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

They're playing a video game. The denizen is a giant horrible monster. Of course it's for killing! And when it was killed, it gave a huge treasure reward.

Yeah, but an extreme role-playing veteran, Vriska should have known that the correct course of action is to complete the denizen's quest, THEN kill it for its loot.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ikaragu posted:

Yeah, but an extreme role-playing veteran, Vriska should have known that the correct course of action is to complete the denizen's quest, THEN kill it for its loot.

The trolls' approach to RPGs was always to sequence break as much as possible. Tavros was the only one who wanted to do all the tedious sidequests and was mocked for it.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Moddington posted:

I'll have you know John had a lovely chat with Typheus before anything untoward happened. :colbert:

Given that another alternate timeline John got killed after talking to his denizen, I'm wondering if he was killed because of whatever bargain the main John struck with Typheus.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Slime posted:

Given that another alternate timeline John got killed after talking to his denizen, I'm wondering if he was killed because of whatever bargain the main John struck with Typheus.

I thought as much was said by Jade

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm wondering then if Johns' deal involves eliminating himself from all timelines to either: not be in any, thus having mastery over the retcon power, or simply as a sacrifice to set his friends on a non-doomed timeline.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

I'm wondering then if Johns' deal involves eliminating himself from all timelines to either: not be in any, thus having mastery over the retcon power, or simply as a sacrifice to set his friends on a non-doomed timeline.

Or maybe... John is the only one destined to merge with all the multi-versions of one's self into a cosmic being to battle this threat.

Rise... TITAN JOHN!

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Blackheart posted:

Or maybe... John is the only one destined to merge with all the multi-versions of one's self into a cosmic being to battle this threat.

Rise... TITAN JOHN!

John: Fondly regard creation

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Blackheart posted:

Rise... TITAN JOHN!

Just so long as he gets an awesome powering up animation then I'm happy with this idea

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Blackheart posted:

Alternate-universe skipped to Typheus and got killed John got permakilled by Lord English, so I doubt he merged into Primary John.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Blackheart posted:

Rise... TITAN JOHN!

Who could forget such classic characters as Hipster John, Goth John, Drunk John, Science John, Girl John, rear end in a top hat John, Troll John, Ghost John, Dad John, Puppet John, Pimp John, Lips John, Sephiroth John, and the original, Blue Jake.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Rise... TITAN JOHN!

I can confirm this, as this leaked panel shows Titan John doing the windy thing.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

Vriska did nothing wrong, John's denizen straight-up killed him first time.

That wasn't even Vriska who did it, Terezi is the one who told him to do it, and that was back when they still thought the Denizen was nothing more than a giant monster/final boss.

Oxyclean posted:

This is my take on it, yeah. This is a Doomed John, more or less told he can only control the power if all other Johns are killed, making HIM the "Alpha John" and preventing any other Johns from dooming timelines or breaking the rules of Paradox Space and having TWO Alpha Johns.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

ikaragu posted:

Giant horrible monsters don't give quests. When the two hundred foot tall monster bellows in an ancient tongue that if you serve him, you'll get to rule half the world or something? You're not supposed to actually serve him. He's just giving the boss fight some flavor text.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It would be rad if you could though. There is still a distinct lack of games with metal gear solid levels of "oh wow, I can actually do that??" applied to major plot points rather than only to mundane stuff like being able to rub one out to an idol poster.

Classtoise posted:

This is my take on it, yeah. This is a Doomed John, more or less told he can only control the power if all other Johns are killed, making HIM the "Alpha John" and preventing any other Johns from dooming timelines or breaking the rules of Paradox Space and having TWO Alpha Johns.

What if Jason Statham shows up to take him to prison planet? :ohdear:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 25, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we already have more than one Designated Alpha characters though. Caliborn/Lord English(?) also designates the alpha timeline, so paradox space is already about to tie itself in knots and tear itself in two

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Freak Futanari posted:

I can confirm this, as this leaked panel shows Titan John doing the windy thing.

god drat

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Freak Futanari posted:

This is a good post.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Thank you for reminding me that Archie comics are bad on more levels than I care to contemplate

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Was that Ken Penders' fault.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

RZApublican posted:

I don't think so, it doesn't involve stupid echidna OCs.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

RZApublican posted:

That was the culmination of one of his decade long plot threads, yes.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

Thank you for reminding me that Archie comics are bad on more levels than I care to contemplate

Were bad. Ever since Ian Flynn took over they've been pretty good.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Sonic the Hedgehog mothafuckin' rules.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Classtoise posted:

That wasn't even Vriska who did it, Terezi is the one who told him to do it, and that was back when they still thought the Denizen was nothing more than a giant monster/final boss.

I wasn't saying it was Vriska who did, just that she's justified in killing them because they're clearly murderous assholes.

I mean, it looks like Typheus commited Johnicide on a massive scale bar one.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Freak Futanari posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Freak Futanari posted: