Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schubalts posted:

It's infinitely better than that other watermelon aspic monstrosity, and just look at how happy he is.

Honestly, it's the smile that's pushing me away from it. An aspic fruit salad? Fine, that's just fruit and gelatin.

But that man never stops smiling like he's just killed ten people for the first time in his life and I'm worried there's something in that watermelon that should not be :stonk:

PurpleXVI posted:

Pretty sure the watermelon guy didn't take the husks off those almonds first. Gross.

He may be intending to poison us. :tinfoil:

Rand, I want to let you know that you've singlehandedly turned me from a person who just likes their burgers sauceless to someone who panics any time there's any sort of moisture on or around a hamburger, and pictures like this are why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Randaconda posted:

imagine overcooking a steak this loving much

i think it's duck, and it looks good

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

KataraniSword posted:

Honestly, it's the smile that's pushing me away from it. An aspic fruit salad? Fine, that's just fruit and gelatin.

But that man never stops smiling like he's just killed ten people for the first time in his life and I'm worried there's something in that watermelon that should not be :stonk:

I think he's going for this kind of vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2joNb9NE

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KataraniSword posted:

Rand, I want to let you know that you've singlehandedly turned me from a person who just likes their burgers sauceless to someone who panics any time there's any sort of moisture on or around a hamburger, and pictures like this are why.

:unsmith:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Data Graham posted:

I think he's going for this kind of vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2joNb9NE

Well he's not hitting the mark. But at the same time I find myself intensely watching him smile like if I look away or let down my guard he's going to break into a more horrifying expression and rush the camera a la Pennywise...

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I feel intensely annoyed just looking at the guy, and I just realized it's less because of the smile and more because of his vague resemblance to Ben Shapiro.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

empty sea posted:

Well he's not hitting the mark. But at the same time I find myself intensely watching him smile like if I look away or let down my guard he's going to break into a more horrifying expression and rush the camera a la Pennywise...

Douglas Adams posted:

There was something very slightly odd about him, but it was difficult to say what it was. Perhaps it was that his eyes didn't blink often enough and when you talked to him for any length of time your eyes began involuntarily to water on his behalf. Perhaps it was that he smiled slightly too broadly and gave people the unnerving impression that he was about to go for their neck.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Love me some Hypsilophodon burg.

eta:

gschmidl has a new favorite as of 18:47 on Oct 20, 2019

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Let's bring back a blast from the past for all these shoe-based foods...

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
X-post from the IOSM thread. Definitely click through and read the whole thing:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

Let's bring back a blast from the past for all these shoe-based foods...

Blast from like 2 pages ago?

Also, stop posting that. Ugh.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Reminds me of the time my mother-in-law gave me a kind of a flat cake with unpitted cherries baked into it. When I expressed concern with the unpitted cherries, she told me that's the way it's supposed to be so the cherries don't get mushy. Nevertheless, next week she presented me with the same kind of cake, but this time with pitted cherries. It was pretty good until I noticed there were little white dead worms in some of the cherries. I love cherries and I used to love climbing cherry trees as a kid to eat them, but I don't really eat them anymore.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the gently caress happened in that picture, but I guess someone dunked a nasty apple into caramel.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Jesus posted:

Reminds me of the time my mother-in-law gave me a kind of a flat cake with unpitted cherries baked into it. When I expressed concern with the unpitted cherries, she told me that's the way it's supposed to be so the cherries don't get mushy. Nevertheless, next week she presented me with the same kind of cake, but this time with pitted cherries. It was pretty good until I noticed there were little white dead worms in some of the cherries. I love cherries and I used to love climbing cherry trees as a kid to eat them, but I don't really eat them anymore.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the gently caress happened in that picture, but I guess someone dunked a nasty apple into caramel.

toffee apple that was ate up with larva

fun fact: primates (other than humans) will preferentially select fruits that has worms :science: mmm, protein

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Yeah, I read this brand name wrong, too.

\

Possibly related:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Yeah it has a bad name nowadays but Squirt is a good soda.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Croatoan posted:

Yeah it has a bad name nowadays but Squirt is a good soda.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Distorted Kiwi posted:

\

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that including the Star of David and the Nazi SS symbol in your delicious custard and protective food is not a good idea...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, Squirt is legit

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

\

What does it protect? If I cover my body in it, does it act like a suit of power armor? I have so many questions, and that is to say nothing of that symbol.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It has iodine in it from the seaweed based thickener.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Goiters is basically why half of old China was mentally incapable of doing anything. Goiters is a big deal and it was worth it to iodize the salt

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Goiters is basically why half of old China was mentally incapable of doing anything. Goiters is a big deal and it was worth it to iodize the salt

Iodine deficiency historically was a huge loving problem for everybody not close enough to a coast to eat fish.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that including the Star of David and the Nazi SS symbol in your delicious custard and protective food is not a good idea...

The packaging is apparently from New Zealand in the early 1930s, so they likely didn’t see the resemblances.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

AlbieQuirky posted:

The packaging is apparently from New Zealand in the early 1930s, so they likely didn’t see the resemblances.

Lol, I guess we know what Hitler's favorite international food was, then

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

cool I never want to buy one of those caramel apples again

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Largest single incidence of increased intelligence in history, was iodization of salt

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
i dunno if this actually belongs here, cause i'd eat the gently caress outta it.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

i dunno if this actually belongs here, cause i'd eat the gently caress outta it.

yeah sliders are mostly (maybe all?) liver so that'd probably taste incredible. chooped/ground organs cooking with the stuffing in the turkey is so, so delicious

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

boar guy posted:

yeah sliders are mostly (maybe all?) liver

... ???

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

snoo posted:

... ???

is that just an urban myth? i read or heard somewhere that white castle sliders are mainly beef liver

sorta like detroit coney chili is mostly beef hearts

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

boar guy posted:

yeah sliders are mostly (maybe all?) liver so that'd probably taste incredible. chooped/ground organs cooking with the stuffing in the turkey is so, so delicious

uh, i dont think ive ever had a slider that had even a tiny bit of liver in it

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

uh, i dont think ive ever had a slider that had even a tiny bit of liver in it

specifically white castle sliders

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No pickles? Deal breaker

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

boar guy posted:

yeah i'm pretty sure white castle is just beef and no offal.

they dont taste anything like liver or any other organ meat

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

yeah i'm pretty sure white castle is just beef and no offal.

beef liver is still beef

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

boar guy posted:

They're not liver, but they do get cooked right on a bed of onions? Gives the patties a really distinct flavor.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

boar guy posted:

beef liver is still beef

well now you're just being a pedant and also not reading half of my post.

after a google search, i found nothing talking about white castle sliders having liver in them so i don't even know where you got that from

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

DiggityDoink posted:

well now you're just being a pedant and also not reading half of my post.

after a google search, i found nothing talking about white castle sliders having liver in them so i don't even know where you got that from

His uncle works at White Castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

boar guy posted:

yeah sliders are mostly (maybe all?) liver

Excuse me, what?

Do you also believe that Taco Bell uses Grade F meat and that there's horse meat in McDonalds burgers?

Serious question: have you ever eaten a white castle slider? They taste absolutely nothing like liver whatsoever, in any form or fashion. I heartedly encourage you to try them if you never have. They're delicious.