Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Is Clash of Clans the one where you can pay something like $900 to just outright win a battle or was that something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is Clash of Clans the one where you can pay something like $900 to just outright win a battle or was that something else?

That's the one.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI
How are you guys getting food in blockheads? My dude is starving and I am quite worried.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

supersteve posted:

How are you guys getting food in blockheads? My dude is starving and I am quite worried.

Run in one direction until you find some corn and harvest it with a shovel to get 3 pieces of corn, go back to your town and plant the corn. When it grows, harvest it with a shovel and etc etc. Sunflower seeds, apples, oranges, work too. Make a spear and stab the gently caress out of some dodos, cook dodo meat at fire, devour. It's rough going until you get a solid farm set up.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI
Thanks!

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did it wipe building levels and class unlocks as well? I couldn't imagine starting over from nothing, especially not having the Fast game speed until you beat the game once (which is dumb as hell).

If you use programs like iFunbox you might be able to get saves from someone so that a new game would hurt less if nothing else. :smith:

e: I'm going to end up playing that drat Blockhead game because of you people talking about it. This is how I lost countless hours due to Battle Cats. :argh:

Yup, ALL progress lost.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Jesus christ how deep do you need to dig to find bronze ore? I've gone down about 60 blocks, lighting with lanterns to see around, and haven't seen any.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Bummey posted:

Run in one direction until you find some corn and harvest it with a shovel to get 3 pieces of corn, go back to your town and plant the corn. When it grows, harvest it with a shovel and etc etc. Sunflower seeds, apples, oranges, work too. Make a spear and stab the gently caress out of some dodos, cook dodo meat at fire, devour. It's rough going until you get a solid farm set up.

I haven't seen any corn or carrots yet, but I've got a couple fruit trees nearby. Is there any way to replant them using the fruit, or do you just have to not cut them down in the first place?

Comrade Flynn posted:

Jesus christ how deep do you need to dig to find bronze ore? I've gone down about 60 blocks, lighting with lanterns to see around, and haven't seen any.

I've seen one block total, about 30 blocks down in a tunnel.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Blockheads chat: how do you mine time crystals and how do you make/find linen?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Do timers.... seriously not elapse when Blockheads isnt the active app? Well that's an easy delete.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Loving this blockheads game. Barely scraping by on food and monkeys keep punching me but still.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ursine Asylum posted:

I haven't seen any corn or carrots yet, but I've got a couple fruit trees nearby. Is there any way to replant them using the fruit, or do you just have to not cut them down in the first place?

Yeah you just put the food in the ground. I planted a bunch in a row and meditated for 5 minutes and now there's loving goddamn fruit everywhere.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Blockheads chat: how do you mine time crystals and how do you make/find linen?

With a pickaxe, and linen requires flax, which is the tall-grass-looking plant all over the place. If you harvest it with the machete you'll get 3 flax per, and if it's flowering you can get 3 seeds if you hack the flower off first.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Eegah posted:

Do timers.... seriously not elapse when Blockheads isnt the active app? Well that's an easy delete.
Your guy would starve if they did that.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Urdnot Fire posted:

Your guy would starve if they did that.

You'd think timers for sleeping or building items would pass in real time like every other F2P game I've ever seen.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Eegah posted:

You'd think timers for sleeping or building items would pass in real time like every other F2P game I've ever seen.

It's really not like that though. It's kind of a demo with the full game being a timer speed up unlock.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Eegah posted:

Except the timers on those games last hours if not days.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it's really a different kind of timers, considering everything in the game happens in real time.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yeah you just put the food in the ground. I planted a bunch in a row and meditated for 5 minutes and now there's loving goddamn fruit everywhere.

Hunh, so there is. I could have swore I tried tapping on the ground with fruit selected before and it did nothing :downs:

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a list anywhere of both non-IAP-y "big" iOS games(like, say, Infinity Blade), and/or a list of ports from consoles and desktops to iOS? I'd much rather fork over twenty or thirty bucks to get a full game up front than get it for free or a dollar and then find out that I need to spend twenty or thirty bucks to get the actual intended gameplay experience. And even that's better than finding out the intended gameplay experience is a nonstop stream of in-app purchases.

Kelthorn
Nov 22, 2003

Ursine Asylum posted:

I've seen one block total, about 30 blocks down in a tunnel.

I found some copper ore about 40 blocks down through stone. My guess is just keep digging. I also found a few time crystals at the same depth practically under my first portal.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Kelthorn posted:

I found some copper ore about 40 blocks down through stone. My guess is just keep digging. I also found a few time crystals at the same depth practically under my first portal.

You just need to dig until you find a cave.

That's after I've stripped out the ridiculous quantities of jewels and tin and copper. I even have an iron sword with which I slaughter those loving sloth monkeys WITH THEIR RED EYES.

I've also discovered donkey riding.

It's the only way to travel.

I'm going to make a thread for this game tomorrow.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Am I going crazy, or does the Dye Bench consume the bucket in addition to the water?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

allsizesfitone posted:

Goons, I just got an iPad mini, and I'm looking for good strategy games to play for it. I love the Kairosoft games, and I'd enjoy games like Clash of Clans or Battle Nations if it weren't for the terrible pace without IAP. I'm also not interested in PvP games -- I have no desire to work on something for a week just to have someone who's been playing forever roll through as soon as some stupid newbie protection buff wears off. Anything 4X, turn-based, or strategy-RPG flavored would be welcome, too!

Starbase Orion (MOO clone)
Battle Academy
Battle of the Bulge (loving awesome turnbased wargame)
Kingdom of Dragon Pass (Choose your own adventure meets Civilization)
Majesty
Civilization Revolution
Pirates!

I've got Shining Force too, but it looks like a pretty crappy port.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
Is there any way to restore purchases in Blockheads?

I bought the crafting doubler on my iPhone but would really rather play on the iPad mini. I can't find a way to restore purchases to get the IAP onto it. Am I being dumber than usual???

Fun game though.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

he1ixx posted:

Is there any way to restore purchases in Blockheads?

I bought the crafting doubler on my iPhone but would really rather play on the iPad mini. I can't find a way to restore purchases to get the IAP onto it. Am I being dumber than usual???

Fun game though.

Attempt to buy the Doubler again and it should download for free.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:
The kiln is awesome. I'm producing shitloads of lanterns, time to miner dig deep.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I used to have a nice little wooden house. Campfire was outside, four squares away. Then a tree popped up while I was meditating and not paying attention, caught on fire from the campfire, and set fire to my nice little house. My girlfriend found this hilarious.

I have a nice little stone house now.

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 11, 2013

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

thedouche posted:

The kiln is awesome. I'm producing shitloads of lanterns, time to miner dig deep.

Same, it's a shame making oil takes so loving long.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I found some gold, and now I'm prepping for a steel-powered mining trip beyond the iron ore zone. Well, I'm assuming its more of the same with more gold, but my house is only made of marble and glass right now. It needs some gold.

I really like the way the character moves, especially when they're fresh out of bed. Hop, skip, jump over the gap, drop down, carefully backwards through the narrow bit, swing across the ceiling and drop to the floor. if I was controlling them directly it would be much more boring.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
How do you get/make oil?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
It's mine-able with a pickaxe once you get like 30 or 40 blocks sub-surface.

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Javid posted:

How do you get/make oil?

Use a presser to make it from sunflower and flax seeds.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Build a press, press seeds. I use sunflower seeds, the left side of the map from my house has about thirty of them. I just run from one end to the other when they drop seeds and its feeding my lantern habit nicely.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:

Ursine Asylum posted:

Same, it's a shame making oil takes so loving long.

I found 20 on a mining trip.

My boxman was starving and I found some palm trees way the hell away from home base. I now have a massive coconut farm outside of my house.

thedouche fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 11, 2013

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I had no idea you could mine oil. Are there any good sources of clay, or should I just use a good shovel on whatever I find near the surface?

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Bummey posted:

Attempt to buy the Doubler again and it should download for free.

Yup. It worked! Thanks Bummey!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

For Blockheads: Are games stored on devices or clouded? How well does it play between a phone and a pad?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I thought Blockheads was fun, then starting playing two player with my wife.. now it is amazing. I was in the other room and heard her start screaming, turns out she was attacked by one of those evil monkey monsters, of course the husband came and saved the day. I am a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

For Blockheads: Are games stored on devices or clouded? How well does it play between a phone and a pad?

It's free so you could try both, but I find myself wishing I had a pad to play it on because the phone doesn't have a lot of real estate for the tap to move.

On the plus side it supports portrait mode on the phone. Hello new bus game.

• Locked thread