Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Darth Brooks posted:

Darthbrooksphone or (more likely) darthbrooks user UID 59961437

Invite sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm in, and thanks.

I have a question. I have had bad luck at these things, against good teams or bad. Long drives, just they end poorly. Should I stick with the bottom feeders? I thought about just taking on the top opponent, figuring if I'm going to play like crap why not against someone that everyone is playing crap against and leave the winnable games for someone else.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm in, and thanks.

I have a question. I have had bad luck at these things, against good teams or bad. Long drives, just they end poorly. Should I stick with the bottom feeders? I thought about just taking on the top opponent, figuring if I'm going to play like crap why not against someone that everyone is playing crap against and leave the winnable games for someone else.

Take on the bottom feeders to maximize points. LvL is more difficult this year with the counters. I pretty much only run using the iform runs and have good luck. You gave a good oline so you should have success running.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
can i get an invite too?

my user id is Emily 59918307

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dubious posted:

can i get an invite too?

my user id is Emily 59918307

What's your team overall? A bunch show up when I search Emily.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

wandler20 posted:

What's your team overall? A bunch show up when I search Emily.

79 ovr and im the vikings, and im lvl 27

Dubious fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 22, 2016

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dubious posted:

79 ovr and im the vikings, and im lvl 27

Weird, I'm not seeing you when I search. Is it just Emily?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

wandler20 posted:

Weird, I'm not seeing you when I search. Is it just Emily?

i found the league and applied to it, that should be easier. I pulled my facebook information to log in so its just using my first name.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dubious posted:

i found the league and applied to it, that should be easier. I pulled my facebook information to log in so its just using my first name.

Ok, I added you.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Madden 17 Tuning Update Out Now on PS4 and Xbox One, Here's What It Does

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
My Bone and Madden should be here tomorrow. Any Xbox leagues going on, I don't see any threads? I haven't played since 25 or 13, whichever was later so should be some free wins until I get back up to speed.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I haven't played Madden since 2011, and haven't really played a substantial amount since 2004, so I'm getting used to this one, but does the CPU really struggle to score on default settings? On All-Pro difficulty I played with the Cowboys suck-rear end defense, called really basic cover 1 and cover 3 stuff and pretty much only controlled d-line like I usually do and the Redskins still only put up like 100 yards of total offense and 6 points.

Also pretty impressive how the UI has continually gotten worse over the past 12 years

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 24, 2016

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

General Dog posted:

Also pretty impressive how the UI has continually gotten worse over the past 12 years

Yeah, I have a hard time understanding why they keep UI elements that actively get in the way. You'd think that they'd make a smooth UI, then try to add flash and if it slows it down either nix it or fix it. Instead they start with an unworkable mess and... leave it that way?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

General Dog posted:

I haven't played Madden since 2011, and haven't really played a substantial amount since 2004, so I'm getting used to this one, but does the CPU really struggle to score on default settings? On All-Pro difficulty I played with the Cowboys suck-rear end defense, called really basic cover 1 and cover 3 stuff and pretty much only controlled d-line like I usually do and the Redskins still only put up like 100 yards of total offense and 6 points.

Pretty much, yeah. I find the same issue, and that going to All-Madden difficulty makes things stupid in the other extreme, so IMO the best option is to just tweak around the sliders, both for the player and CPU, until you find something that is consistently challenging without being absurdly difficult. It does take a fair amount of playing around to get things that feel right, however, and it will vary a bit depending on what mode your playing (Like, I'll set my CFM sliders a little more difficult cause I'll usually have better teams thanks to drafting and whatnot).

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

My Bone and Madden should be here tomorrow. Any Xbox leagues going on, I don't see any threads? I haven't played since 25 or 13, whichever was later so should be some free wins until I get back up to speed.

Rinse repeat

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is there an easy way in Madden Mobile to see your drives in a league? I generally spend my stamina twice a day, but it's not super intuitive where to spend it in league games.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dubious posted:

Is there an easy way in Madden Mobile to see your drives in a league? I generally spend my stamina twice a day, but it's not super intuitive where to spend it in league games.

Are you talking about the league vs league matchups? If so, if you didn't play your drives there will be a blue dot next to it.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Is there any way to see stats in league games (on mobile)? The league wants everybody to keep track of running yards. A couple of times I've closed out games and had to go back and add up the yards. Also, some folks are posting up 3,000 or 500 yards. Where are those coming from?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Darth Brooks posted:

Is there any way to see stats in league games (on mobile)? The league wants everybody to keep track of running yards. A couple of times I've closed out games and had to go back and add up the yards. Also, some folks are posting up 3,000 or 500 yards. Where are those coming from?

Don't worry about posting league game stats, just season games. That's where you can get lots of yards.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
The game froze on me twice today in my CFM causing me to have to replay matches. First it was the final 10 seconds of the game and I was iced when trying to make the winning PAT. The face buttons wouldn't trigger the play call after the time out the. I paused the game and it completely froze.

Second I had just lost my second WR to injury of the game and I went to the depth chart to see exactly who was left and the game froze when I see pulled the trigger to go to WR.

Anyone else have this kind of poo poo happen?

Just let me love you Madden, stop doing this to me!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Don't worry about posting league game stats, just season games. That's where you can get lots of yards.

Really? Because I got 1206 in the league games and championship.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

The game froze on me twice today in my CFM causing me to have to replay matches. First it was the final 10 seconds of the game and I was iced when trying to make the winning PAT. The face buttons wouldn't trigger the play call after the time out the. I paused the game and it completely froze.

Second I had just lost my second WR to injury of the game and I went to the depth chart to see exactly who was left and the game froze when I see pulled the trigger to go to WR.

Anyone else have this kind of poo poo happen?

Just let me love you Madden, stop doing this to me!

Yes, but this affecting how you feel about madden is lol :bustem:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Darth Brooks posted:

Really? Because I got 1206 in the league games and championship.

I mean, we're only really posting yardage from the season games to show we're active and not just there to freeload the achievements. If you're participating in the league championships we'll see that. No one is taking an actual running total of how much everyone contributes, we just don't want a bunch of freeloaders in the league and the more everyone contributes the faster we get the players.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Oberst posted:

Yes, but this affecting how you feel about madden is lol :bustem:

Man you are the weirdest shitposter.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

Man you are the weirdest shitposter.

:smugmrgw:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
People are actually talking about madden mobile in the thread this year?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Do they have a web version of CFM this year? Last year you could view stats and schedules, spend xp, and advance the league with it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
There's being a Madden sperg, then there's this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wh0v-CIzl-522mzqNiZbI4_3aydE15Yzoggt_co_D_E/edit#gid=833321341

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Okay, I haven't played a video football game since nes Era. Hear people complain all the time about these Madden games, but I want to play a football game. Should I buy it?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
It's the only football game so yes.

Also it's actually pretty good this year.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

Yeah, I've read good reviews but previous years also seem to review well. I'm hoping goons also enjoy it.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

If youre a normal human, its worth getting simply because the gameplay is the best it's ever been. Play with other goons for best results.

If you're an autist who can't handle inaccurate/unrealistic stats from simulations, or occasional (frequent) bugs then don't get it.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

Cool beans. I'm a pretty casual player, so I think I'll wait until I see some sort of deal here in the next month or two and pick it up.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

Madden NFL 17 Title Update #2
EA SPORTS Madden NFL·Tuesday, October 4, 2016
The latest Madden NFL 17 title update is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Included is an extensive list of improvements and fixes to Madden NFL 17 Gameplay, Franchise, and Ultimate Team modes.

Gameplay

* Tuned Wide Receivers dropping wide open passes to be less frequent
* Auto-Moves now set to OFF for all MUT Solo Challenges
* Player-Lock camera fixes
* Tuned Auto-Broken Tackles to be less frequent
* Variety of defensive run-game tuning fixes
* Strip-Ball exploit fixed
* Fixed issue around clock running out on a defensive penalty
* Fixed issue with QB’s unable to tackle after throwing an Interception
* Fixed a variety of rare Special Teams issues
* Defensive tuning vs. stretch/outside zone runs
* Addressed a variety of fatigue-related issues
* Nano-detection System improvements
* Nano-detection System disabled for user vs. CPU games
* Fixed 'Ice the Kicker' not functioning in certain situations
* Addressed users holding kick button to take a delay penalty and re-kicking
* Fixed issue with user not being able to switch players in co-op play
* Tuned to WR/DB positioning on streak routes
* Tuning & Adaptive AI to Linebacker fake-out chances vs. counter plays to make defensive reaction better
* Kick-Meter Accuracy Range increased on All-Pro & All-Madden
* Decreased 'nearby player' penalty for defender interceptions, making Interceptions more frequent

Franchise

* Added ability to save/resume solo Cloud Franchise games
* Head to head Cloud games will now default to the standard camera
* Fixed issue where players on IR were counting against active roster
* Fixed issue where user to user trades could be auto accepted when week advances
* Many stats and ratings menus are now in widescreen format
* Fixed issue where some heads appeared incorrect while editing
* Addressed stability issues in Play the Moment, Training, Formation Subs, and Schemes
* Fixed issue where some players with preexisting injuries would never return to health
* Addressed issue where stats are not showing properly when viewed on team goals menu
* Tuned game regression that can occur for quarterbacks
* Fixed issue where defensive rookie of the year can show up as offensive player of the year
* Removed ability for kneeling QBs to be hurt while simminng
* Adjusted fatigue during Play the Moments
* Punter stats are now visible in the menus
* Draft Classes will now have varying penalty traits
* Highlights menu is now available when ending the game on a simmed play
* Going for it on 4th downs in Play the Moments have been tuned
* Strategy suggestions in play call will now track multiple concepts

Ultimate Team

* Added the ability to add multiple items to a set at once (“Batch-Add-to-Set”)
* Improved MUT substitution screen UI
* Chemistry art modifications (larger images!!)
* Addressed the issue where filters in the Auction House would disappear
* Addressed the issue where the “Unopened Packs” tile would show 0 even if you had packs unopened
* Surfaced the “restart” button when failing a Solo Challenge
* Game speed is set to default for all difficulties including Rookie and Pro (no longer “Slow”)
* Auto Subs in MUT Solo Challenges are now working correctly

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
* Added the ability to add multiple items to a set at once (“Batch-Add-to-Set”)
* Game speed is set to default for all difficulties including Rookie and Pro (no longer “Slow”)

:vince:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Batch add is amazing. Cleared out like 100 playbooks in maybe 5 mins into the team item set.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
RIP Outside Zone/Stretch. They should fix ball trajectory next.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I like madden dev team ironically and unironically

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Oberst posted:

:rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Oberst posted:

Madden Mobile dev team gets an E for effort.

I don't get why it's so hard to provide an update like above for MM or actually tell people what events and sets actually produce instead of just leaving everyone guessing.

• Locked thread