Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Loco, you are a twit. UZworm, please make a point of telling him I said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ScreamingLlama posted:

Loco, you are a twit. UZworm, please make a point of telling him I said that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Am I the only person who actually prefers the original inventory screen to SkyUI? SkyUI just makes the text really small and adds unnecessary complexity. And unless you're just carrying around garbage for no reason, how much stuff do you even have in your inventory?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Tiggum posted:

Am I the only person who actually prefers the original inventory screen to SkyUI? SkyUI just makes the text really small and adds unnecessary complexity. And unless you're just carrying around garbage for no reason, how much stuff do you even have in your inventory?

I am so used to the original that I never had a problem with it, but I do think SkyUI's sorting system is a little more streamlined now that I'm used to it and I don't mind the smaller text.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
I always liked that i could sort my stuff by weight to throw away the heaviest useless junk/dagon bones in my inventory.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
The LP has been a bit quiet lately because I've been working a lot and haven't had much time to record any new episodes.

Also because I'm spending my time making dumb poo poo like this.

We'll be back soon!

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UZworm posted:

The LP has been a bit quiet lately because I've been working a lot and haven't had much time to record any new episodes.

Also because I'm spending my time making dumb poo poo like this.

We'll be back soon!

The cowbell is what sells it.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

ScreamingLlama posted:

The cowbell is what sells it.

The only reason it took me so long after 500 subs to actually make it is that I needed to buy a new one.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
0_0

I'm almost afraid to ask what happened to the old one...

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

ScreamingLlama posted:

0_0

I'm not afraid.

What happened to your old cowbell? Was it lost? Was it destroyed through overuse? Through misuse?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
It, along with about 80% of my other earthly possessions at the time, was left in Florida and never returned to me.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

ScreamingLlama posted:

0_0

Uzworm found out there was such as thing as too much cowbell.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

UZworm posted:

It, along with about 80% of my other earthly possessions at the time, was left in a draugr tomb and never returned to me.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

UZworm posted:

It, along with about 80% of my other earthly possessions at the time, was left in Florida and never returned to me.

I know this story already, but you might want to explain to the audience at home.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

Was it eaten by a gator or someone on bathsalts?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Star Man posted:

I know this story already, but you might want to explain to the audience at home.

That would ruin the suspense!

Also yes, it was eaten by gators.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Hi there.

You probably noticed that I've been missing in action for the month of February! I made a video on my channel to update a bit on that. (It's blocked in some countries because of the smooth jazz apparently, lolol)

I'll be back here in the coming month; two new Skyrim updates are in the coffers. See you soon!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm eagerly awaiting the return of the adventures of Mr Puffles. Quivering with... anticipation. :D

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: WE'RE BACK MOTHERFUCKERS :siren:

Episode 20 - Mr. Puffles Unearths a Waifu

So, uh... gently caress Hearthfire, that was a mistake. We're just going to pretend that never happened and move on to Dawnguard. I've got TheGentleChainsaw, Highwang and Festivore with me to get our vampire hunting career started.

Also, Marcurio has apparently left to join the circus. Maybe someday we'll look for him.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
The 2 story DLCs were probably the high point of Skyrim. How come none of the base game questlines were that interesting? Nothing about the main questline really makes you want to complete it. I only ever did it once.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rubberduke posted:

The 2 story DLCs were probably the high point of Skyrim. How come none of the base game questlines were that interesting? Nothing about the main questline really makes you want to complete it. I only ever did it once.

Nothing about any of it really makes you want to complete it. There's so much game and it's all so samey. If you've played for half an hour, you've seen everything the game has to offer, and yet it goes on and on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The loss of Marcushio saddens me, though I am overjoyed to see this LP resume if just for a moment.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

RareAcumen posted:

The loss of Marcushio saddens me, though I am overjoyed to see this LP resume if just for a moment.

It won't be just for a moment, I assure you! That stupid lost episode 20 that kept me hamstrung because I couldn't figure out what the gently caress to do with it was the main reason it stopped so abruptly; now that we're in Dawnguard the updates will be flowing freely through March and beyond.

Rubberduke posted:

I still like the Dark Brotherhood questline :smith:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

It won't be just for a moment, I assure you! That stupid lost episode 20 that kept me hamstrung because I couldn't figure out what the gently caress to do with it was the main reason it stopped so abruptly; now that we're in Dawnguard the updates will be flowing freely through March and beyond.

Oh whoops, I thought you were saying that you had 2 updates stored and you'd be out for about a month.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Did you make Mercurio the steward of your house?

The vampire drain spell doesn't actually mention blood so it might just be health. Especially if it works on undead, constructs and mudcrabs. :v:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Poil posted:

Did you make Mercurio the steward of your house?

The vampire drain spell doesn't actually mention blood so it might just be health. Especially if it works on undead, constructs and mudcrabs. :v:

He asked me if I would shortly before I started recording the video, but I told him no. Maybe he just ran off crying after being rejected.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Garlick doesn't hurt vampires in Skyrim. But Garlic BREAD will cure disease :pseudo:

Which would also be a much more fun thing to loot, than yet more scraps of paper with a recipe to craft a cure disease potion :sigh:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I never did get Dawnguard so this abbreviated version should be fun

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Highwang please never change :allears:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dr.Smasher posted:

I never did get Dawnguard so this abbreviated version should be fun

Sadly, you won't hear the main thing it brings to the game over Highwang's complaining, lots and lots of moaning about teenage vampire pains.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD SERANA IS NOT YOUR WAIFU

seriously do I have to get Laura Bailey herself to explain this poo poo to you or what

edit: also your house sucks troll dicks

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: NEW UPDATE! :siren:

Episode 21 - Mr. Puffles Rejects a Dracula

More vampire bullshit, wherein we are presented with a choice to either remain a mortal kitty cat or be immortal but look really loving stupid. Recruitment for the Dawnguard also happens. There's Castlevania music in there somewhere too.

...God I hate loving Frost Dragons.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I vote against vampire Mr Puffles, bleh. :v:

The spell Isran uses is a restoration aura that deals negligible damage to nearby undead. You can buy it from one of the Dawnguard npc's, probably the optional one who also sells a decent anti undead area damage spell.

Poil fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 4, 2017

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Dawnguard is probably my least favorite DLC for Skyrim. Vampires just don't seem to me like they should register on the threat-o-meter anywhere close to Literal Dragon Armageddon. Plus the enemies are a pain in the rear end and I hate most of the areas it sends you to (the soul cairn in particular can go gently caress itself).

Crossbows are cool and good, though. You should get one.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Grizzwold posted:

Dawnguard is probably my least favorite DLC for Skyrim. Vampires just don't seem to me like they should register on the threat-o-meter anywhere close to Literal Dragon Armageddon. Plus the enemies are a pain in the rear end and I hate most of the areas it sends you to (the soul cairn in particular can go gently caress itself).
Considering what their plan is, stopping them is pretty drat close to as important as stopping the dragonapocalypse. :drac:

At least it's open, has unique enemies and is smaller than it seems. Unlike those loving awful falmer caves you have to suffer through afterwards.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I also vote against Vampire Puffles on the grounds that Mr. Puffles is a cat, and I think making him a werewolf would add kind of a nice identity crisis to his story arc.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Even if I had made it to the two minute voting window I just can't imagine Mister Puffles, growing pyromaniac that he is, appreciating Vamparism's many downsides.

I mean, at least Dawnguard apparently lowers your vulnerability to fire compared to without the DCC. But fire is Mister Puffles's friend. Any vulnerability is just wrong :colbert:

Cathode Raymond posted:

I also vote against Vampire Puffles on the grounds that Mr. Puffles is a cat, and I think making him a werewolf would add kind of a nice identity crisis to his story arc.
The biggest strength of Werewolfism, is that you can just forget it's there because it has zero downsides of penalties :v: Well, unless you can't live without the well rested bonus.

Which as much as anything, is why I go "Yeah sure I guess" for that questline.

Oh my god gently caress frost dragons so loving hard. Even with mods.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
It does beg the question - sunlight burns Vampire's skin. If a Vampire had fur, would the sun still work, since the skin is (mainly) protected from the sun? Hrm...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Depends on whether or not a regular vampire's head burns if they have hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Section Z posted:

Oh my god gently caress frost dragons so loving hard. Even with mods.

Still gotta find that mod that turns them all into bears.

• Locked thread