Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Also the moral is that poo poo sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought the whole motif and whatnot was decided before Urobochi signed on.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Caphi posted:

Also the moral is that poo poo sucks.

And that adults are straight up okay with murdering kids, apparently.

Why the heck didn't they work on making a cure first for the fruits

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Well specifically the moral is that power structures are inherently corrupt and Kaito Kumon did nothing wrong.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Caphi posted:

Well specifically the moral is that power structures are inherently corrupt and Kaito Kumon did nothing wrong.

I stand by the point that Gaim's ending would have been far better if Kaito won.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I stand by the point that Gaim's ending would have been far better if Kaito won.

Dude! I am watching this show for the first time ever! Please throw in a spoiler tag!

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
You have plenty of journey to go, but basic structure of any kid-oriented media is that heroes win. It is awesome when you finally get there.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I kinda want to see Urobochi's full vision for Gaim. Serious rider suits, no fruit theme, just a weird angry West Side Story Kamen Rider.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I forget, what happened in gaim 14? e: nvm I think I remember.

Also last night I saw a Paradise Lost clip where a dude in a jar gets plain executed by a dropped weight, so.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Motto posted:

Hassy is straight up murdered because he's become a monster while Kouta tries to save him. It's brutal.

I should probably go back to watching good toku, but I haven't had the energy for much these days and my friend has been dragging me through Gaim and it sure is something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If suit quality bothers you, for the record, be wary with Gaim.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but the props and suits in Gaim hit a serious nose dive in the last chunk of episodes. They're VERY clearly using stunt props and suits and they look horrible and horribly maintained.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
There's what's supposed to be a very dramatic moment in one of the later episodes that is slightly undermined by flopping rubber and a visible zipper.

Kind of like how by the end of OOO, Ankh's hand was visibly held together with packing tape.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Imagining Gaim without the fruit armor and with "serious" Rider suits makes me think of this exchange from The Simpsons:

quote:

Bart: Alan Moore, you wrote my favorite issues of Radioactive Man.
Alan Moore: Oh really, so you liked that I made your favorite superhero a heroin addicted jazz critic who's not radioactive?

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Motto posted:

Also last night I saw a Paradise Lost clip where a dude in a jar gets plain executed by a dropped weight, so.

On the Paradise Lost bit: The weirdest part is there is absolutely no explanation why Murakami's a head in a jar in Paradise Lost. Did lead to a friend facepalming when I was showing him Paradise Lost and said "So, how's the head of Smart Brain doing in this alternate timeline?" right before it cut to him.

EDIT: God, there's a question. Who's the more incompetent evil corporate head in Rider: Murakami from Faiz or Masamune Dan from Ex-Aid? (It's looking like Kougami from OOO is the most competent and sanest which is worrying as heck. :P )

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wasn't it just a tie-in for another Toku show that had very little real baring in the series anyway

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

gourdcaptain posted:

On the Paradise Lost bit: The weirdest part is there is absolutely no explanation why Murakami's a head in a jar in Paradise Lost. Did lead to a friend facepalming when I was showing him Paradise Lost and said "So, how's the head of Smart Brain doing in this alternate timeline?" right before it cut to him.

EDIT: God, there's a question. Who's the more incompetent evil corporate head in Rider: Murakami from Faiz or Masamune Dan from Ex-Aid? (It's looking like Kougami from OOO is the most competent and sanest which is worrying as heck. :P )

Masamune is not incompetent.

He is capitalism made flesh with no morals or compassion; he cares only for one thing, the generation of greater profits and more money for no discernible reason besides 'it exists and thus it should be mine.'.

He probably made Gemn corp billions of dollars while he was running Chronicle.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Wasn't it just a tie-in for another Toku show that had very little real baring in the series anyway

Yeah, Paradise Lost is one of the early Heisei Rider films (from Ryuki to Kabuto) that are all weird alternate universe takes on the series in question. And without question, all of them kinda stink in my opinion, partially because they're written by Toshiki Inoue in less than peak form even by his standards.

The Kabuto movie, the amazingly named God Speed Love, at least gives us the bit where a guy refuses to grab onto safety while burning up in atmospheric reentry yelling "The flames of my passion won't lose to this heat!" and then is seen several seconds later crashing into the ground yelling "My heart is with ZECT!" and then dies hilariously.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The best thing about Cake Boss, his shining achievement, was successfully haggling against an INCARNATION OF GREED for the exact percentage of money they would share in their partnership, and knowing exactly how much he would be able to haggle him down to to the point of having it written in frosting on a cake

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

He is capitalism made flesh with no morals or compassion; he cares only for one thing, the generation of greater profits and more money for no discernible reason besides 'it exists and thus it should be mine.'.

Which I'm totally sure they will keep none of once all the lawsuits finish. His career as big bad involved him resurrecting the guy who was known for lying constantly and trusting him at his word, and several of his moments like the Reset have a very "I MEANT TO DO THAT" vibe to them. Plus, his skills as a fighter seem to be dubious whenever he isn't rocking a ridiculous power advantage.

So yeah, still more competent than Murakami.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, Masamune's whole deal is that he's an egomaniac who's basically co-opting his son's plan for his own purposes. He basically put no work into Kamen Rider Chronicle and stole it once the opening was presented to him. I think him being kind of an all powerful idiot is the point.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Masamune is egomaniac like his son, but very competent egomaniac at his narrow specialty. Genm was running bare minimum 16 years before the story started, and he ran it by all metrics successfully.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if not for dan discovering bugsters and making rider chronicle, masamune probably would have stayed a normal rear end in a top hat ceo for the rest of his life. dan would have likely died at a very young age from overwork. :capitalism:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The point of Masamune is to watch him go crazy. He's lived for 16 years (including a prison stint) with a virus that will kill him if his stress levels rise, whereas the other earliest patient had most of the virus removed through surgery. He's supposed to be Mr. Cool.

In fact I figured his end would be that he would lose his chill and die to it.

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

gourdcaptain posted:

The Kabuto movie, the amazingly named God Speed Love, at least gives us the bit where a guy refuses to grab onto safety while burning up in atmospheric reentry yelling "The flames of my passion won't lose to this heat!" and then is seen several seconds later crashing into the ground yelling "My heart is with ZECT!" and then dies hilariously.

Reminds me of the bit in Drive where he's pissed at Medic and when Mr Belt tells him to watch out for her laser beam attacks, says "They can't possibly burn as much as I am!"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Stallion Cabana posted:

Pretty much this. Masamune is the final incarnation of indifference towards life that Emu faces. The incarnation of ultra-greedy capitalism that defines things as products and consumers, with no regard for anyone involved in it and done purely to satisfy personal greed and desire to control. That's basically the warped structure of society that the Riders of EX-AID rail against, one that disregards the real and personal value of human life in favour of the pursuit of personal gain/pleasure/glory/revenge/videogames.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The moral of Ex-Aid: Go outside and talk to people, you loving goon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

PMush Perfect posted:

The moral of Ex-Aid: Go outside and talk to people, you loving goon.

Going out and talking is for humans, not for gods with godly talents like our Game Master, Neo Dan Kuroto God.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
i'm pretty sure the moral of ex-aid is that being good at making video games makes you god, and also you should find and regularly visit a personal medical health professional

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

OnimaruXLR posted:

i'm pretty sure the moral of ex-aid is that being good at making video games makes you god, and also you should find and regularly visit a personal medical health professional

That, and the y2k bug is directly responsible for Pokémon Go.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/gulpereelcos/status/909490468026830852

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can't... I can't disagree... :negative:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

w-what's bofa?

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

StrixNebulosa posted:

w-what's bofa?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I finally got it

:negative:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
That image somehow managed to produce a chart that is equally incomprehensible to children as it is to people in their mid-30s.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I just noticed Baron Banana in the middle which makes the image even better

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
This week's Build continues to knock it out of the park. I'm really digging this series so far.

Build is a great protagonist, pure and noble like we haven't ever seen in a Kamen Rider for a while now. Banjou continues to be excellent and his rider journey is going to be grand. And the villains are pure unadulterated evil, just doing it because they're dicks, not because their mom died or sister is sick or because they love the city or whatever. It's the best modern Kamen Rider, and if this is the ultra-neo-heisei way, then I'm all for it.

Best suit in a while too, glad it hasn't whizzed it down its leg yet. There were definite signs by this time in both Ghost and that one that lovely Wizard season.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys are watching Action Heroine Cheer Fruits, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I should catch up on that, the first ep was decently fun and I've heard mostly good things from the few people that are watching it.