Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Quinn and Rotering are both solid picks.

Raoul is the machine pick, even though he's really qualified I can't vote for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sd6 posted:

So are any of these AG's on the democratic ballot worth anything

aaron goldstein is the most progressive and also the least likely to win; however since voting on an individual level is masturbatory anyways feel free to not worry about wasting your vote

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
hillary is doing robocalls for JB

i know she's from illinois but good god go away lady. i'm surprised he was actually willing to use this even in the primary

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

At least after today we get a break from political ads, right? Right? :shepicide:

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Remember to vote out Berrios.

Seriously. This is like, the one thing I care about on the primary ballot.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

At least after today we get a break from political ads, right? Right? :shepicide:

Get ready for six straight months of ads about how Pritzker hid his money offshore and therefore anything he ever says about tax reform is hypocritical.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

vyelkin posted:

Get ready for six straight months of ads about how Pritzker hid his money offshore and therefore anything he ever says about tax reform is hypocritical.

He also got huge concessions from Berrios while opposing the property tax freeze (which as we know property taxes are going up for everybody *but* the rich). i.e. one of his mansions being downgraded in assessed value by almost 5 million because it didn't have working bathrooms (i.e. someone disconnected the toilets, then probably hooked them back up after the assessment).

He's a loving snake and I hope a meteor hits the gubernatorial debate.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 20, 2018

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Was home from voting by 9am so now I can day drink. Fingers crossed for Biss, Newman, and Fairly.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I went for Biss and Fairley, myself.

I am in the Republican cesspit of the 18th district, though, so for congress I only got to vote for someone who will eventually lose to Darrin LaHood, even in a blue wave election. My choices were between "Dude who always runs but never wins," "Actually a Republican," and "Dude who doesn't seem to even be running and who might be on the ballot by mistake."

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Anyone have any opinion on Griffin vs Mueller for the District 115 House Rep? I'm having a difficult time finding policy statements for them. Griffin came to my door as part of her campaigning in 2016, and she struck me as a pretty genuine person, but she also lost in 2016 to the same person she'd be going up against in 2018. Not sure if the blue wave is enough there...

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'm going thru ballotready and trying to get my sample ballot together, but for cook county commissioner the ballot lists four people, none of whom are the three recced candidates by Our Revolution (johnson, anaya & rashid).

Does the race depend on where you live in cook county, or were these three candidates disqualified after the OR recs came out?

eta: I like how ballotready aggregates the judicial ratings by the various bar associations as you're going thru the list.

etaa: It dawned on me as I was walking into the polling place that the OR endorsees were prolly on the green ballot.

Willa Rogers fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 20, 2018

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Someone talk to me about Chris Kennedy. I like his platform, but I'm not a big fan of dynasty politics.

I was leaning Biss last year, but after what happened with Ramirez-Rosa, I'm turned off.

Also, anyone have thoughts on Aaron Goldstein for AG? I like his platform, but I don't know too much about him.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

twice burned ice posted:

Someone talk to me about Chris Kennedy. I like his platform [...].

Sorry to hear you hate weed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

twice burned ice posted:

Someone talk to me about Chris Kennedy. I like his platform, but I'm not a big fan of dynasty politics.

I was leaning Biss last year, but after what happened with Ramirez-Rosa, I'm turned off.

Also, anyone have thoughts on Aaron Goldstein for AG? I like his platform, but I don't know too much about him.

Biss > JB > Kennedy imo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

twice burned ice posted:

goldstein is good (public defender) but not going to win

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Goldstein has great ideas but I live in the 33rd Ward. He made huge promises when he became committeeman about opening up the party and then didn't do anything.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Personally, being a public defender goes a long way towards getting my vote as AG or judge, so I voted for Goldstein. I watched the debate (linked earlier in thread, search my posts) and felt he offered some of the most substantive proposals-- out the gate he was discussing cash bond reform, and talked about taking corporations to court instead of settling for pennies on the dollar (re pollution fines, etc.). I'm not a lawyer so I have no idea how practical his ideas are, but the other candidates seemed to either offer little of substance (esp Fairley and Kwame) or blame the failings of the AG office on a lack of funding. I think there's a lot of good candidates, but machine politics ruins candidates pretty regularly.

dominator
Oct 1, 2003

Load Emotion File Happy_Human.bin
Processing.....
Processing..........
*ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND*
Republican turnout is apparently really bad so far which is bad news for Rauner.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Minto Took posted:

Sorry to hear you hate weed.

From Kennedy's website:

"Chris Kennedy believes that we should legalize marijuana and broaden access to medical marijuana. He believes we should decriminalize marijuana and not prosecute and overcrowd our jails because of possession of a modest amount of Marijuana"

Wrt Biss, is no one else put off by his abandonment of Ramirez-Rosa over BDS?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

dominator posted:

Republican turnout is apparently really bad so far which is bad news for Rauner.
There were Rauner signs suspiciously near to my polling place. The workers thought they were barely legal and around 100 feet away but who even knows.

I will laugh and laugh if Rauner loses though. gently caress that guy, I want him humiliated.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

twice burned ice posted:

From Kennedy's website:

"Chris Kennedy believes that we should legalize marijuana and broaden access to medical marijuana. He believes we should decriminalize marijuana and not prosecute and overcrowd our jails because of possession of a modest amount of Marijuana"

Good to know.

And it's a field of imperfect candidates. I don't care who's nominated, in the end. I'll vote for pumpkin-head, biss, Kennedy, whatever.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

dwarf74 posted:

There were Rauner signs suspiciously near to my polling place. The workers thought they were barely legal and around 100 feet away but who even knows.

I will laugh and laugh if Rauner loses though. gently caress that guy, I want him humiliated.

Came here to post that I haven't seen a single Rauner sign but lots of Ives signs in the far SW suburbs

Lol I'm surrounded by garbage people

I will laugh if Rauner loses but also be terrified of an Ives win

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

twice burned ice posted:

I def was... just put off a lot more by Kennedy and especially JB.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

Good to know.

And it's a field of imperfect candidates. I don't care who's nominated, in the end. I'll vote for pumpkin-head, biss, Kennedy, whatever.

Well when you put it that way... I may just vote for Robert Marshall and his three state solution. (not really)

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

twice burned ice posted:

From Kennedy's website:

Then what was with all the hullabaloo that he hated weed? Because he’s apparently friends with cops?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Minto Took posted:

Then what was with all the hullabaloo that he hated weed? Because he’s apparently friends with cops?

I'm pretty sure his position "evolved"

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

twice burned ice posted:

Well when you put it that way... I may just vote for Robert Marshall and his three state solution. (not really)
Okay he's probably the exception. Forgot all about him.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
For County Auditor, I have the choice between an (ex?)Accounting professional and a ... small business owner, I guess?

How important is this race anyway? (I'm guessing not very?)

This dumb election snuck up on me.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zarin posted:

For County Auditor, I have the choice between an (ex?)Accounting professional and a ... small business owner, I guess?

How important is this race anyway? (I'm guessing not very?)

This dumb election snuck up on me.

I voted at random for the like five candidates on my ballot that weren't uncontested, that's how much I cared at least.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

twice burned ice posted:

gently caress this dumb state, Marshall is the path to the future

it's going to be hilarious if every cook county republican pulls a dem ballot to vote against berrios and rauner loses the primary to the downstate base

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

dwarf74 posted:

I didn't see that at my location (also 18th) but it was straight up empty in there. Interested to see what the turnout numbers were like today, been hearing lower than anticipated.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Was Dorothy Brown on the ballot? I kind of did it quick and went off a cheat sheet but didn't remember seeing her name. Unless she was unopposed as I skip those.

I personally don't care who wins the primary for Governor. I think all 3 are decent choices in the end. Berrios is really the race I cared most about.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also, you don't have to vote in the unopposed races, right? Like do I really need to fill out Tom Dart's name if he's running opposed?

And does a write-in name make your ballot go into a different pile? I saw one of the endorsements for water reclamation was a write-in name. I didn't bother because I'm assuming they stand no chance and didn't want my ballot in some other pile that they go through later only if it's close.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Was Dorothy Brown on the ballot? I kind of did it quick and went off a cheat sheet but didn't remember seeing her name. Unless she was unopposed as I skip those.

Nah she was reelected in 2016.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Niwrad posted:

Also, you don't have to vote in the unopposed races, right? Like do I really need to fill out Tom Dart's name if he's running opposed?

And does a write-in name make your ballot go into a different pile? I saw one of the endorsements for water reclamation was a write-in name. I didn't bother because I'm assuming they stand no chance and didn't want my ballot in some other pile that they go through later only if it's close.

There is an MWRD spot that has no candidates. The sitting rep died and I guess no one actually filed to fill his seat. The entire seat is being run as a write-in campaign. It’s hosed up and a quirk of bad timing I guess.

And you are not obligated to vote for all races, your vote counts for the races you do vote for.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

There is an MWRD spot that has no candidates. The sitting rep died and I guess no one actually filed to fill his seat. The entire seat is being run as a write-in campaign. It’s hosed up and a quirk of bad timing I guess.

I ended up writing in myself. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll wake up on the ballot for a position I hadn't even heard of two hours ago.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So unless there are a lot more people voting early, this would appear to show that turnout is up. Not sure what it means.

https://twitter.com/cookcountyclerk/status/976162877571813376

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I was in Oak Brook and saw a house with an Ives sign next to a Sameena Mustafa sign. Not sure what's up with that, or which ballot they pulled.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

As usual, signs don’t matter. Some of those could have just been planted by the campaign and no one bothered to remove them.

That or the most awkward married couple in the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The X-man cometh posted:

I was in Oak Brook and saw a house with an Ives sign next to a Sameena Mustafa sign. Not sure what's up with that, or which ballot they pulled.

I saw a lot of Ives signs in the burbs.

Is there any chance Lipinski gets voted out? That'd be pretty cool as that seat is safe in a general. It was always kind of slimy how he got in congress in the first place.