Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You kind of have to give it to XY for making a new even stronger ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Anyone else think that Grookey's head looks like an onion?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i need to see what sobble evolves into and its secondary

right

now

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

Can someone explain to me the Pokeball Plus, and if I should get one?

It's a more natural controller that fits the catching mechanic a lot better, although the controls take a little getting used to
Not a necessity, but it's a nice addition, and it lets you take pokemon on the go if you want to relive the days of the PokeWalker

https://twitter.com/polyacryla/status/1101444463262494720

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Johnny Joestar posted:

i need to see what sobble evolves into and its secondary

right

now

Got you covered fam

https://twitter.com/Lanmanigans/status/1101306079407943681

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Doc M posted:

Ash just wouldn't loving stop yelling in those early episodes. I know he's supposed to be a loudmouth idiot and he was like that in the Japanese version as well, but the constant yelling was really irritating to listen to and it also carried over to other dubs such as the Finnish one I watched as a kid.

It doesn't help that where Matsumoto played Ash as hot blooded and determined, Taylor just came out as whiny and entitled.

That lessens over time but then you get to Advanced Generation and he and May are both main characters played by the same actor and sound way too drat similar.

Natochenny gets a lot of flack but I think she's a better match for Matsumoto's performance.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when do you think we'll see the starters' evos

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

indigi posted:

when do you think we'll see the starters' evos

I'd wager sometime during the Summer for the middle stages. Probably won't see the final evolutions until a month or so from release.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

when have we ever seen the final evos before the game came out?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nodosaur posted:

when have we ever seen the final evos before the game came out?

Didn't we see the Alolan final evos before release?

Edit: Double checked, and i'm right.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 1, 2019

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

huh

we'll see then

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/sifyro/status/1101360684766556160
https://twitter.com/sifyro/status/1101552838222770176

Here's hoping it's not a Dragonite scenario

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that third stage is too fearsome imo

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Oof. I'm gonna be upset if those aren't Sobble's evos cause I REALLY like those designs.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

indigi posted:

that third stage is too fearsome imo

No different than Dewott to Samurott

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this is galar

https://twitter.com/BallBots/status/1101247766997729280

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

If you could have 1 pokemon as a pet which one would it be and why is it Munchlax?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hey thread, tell me if I should use carracosta or archeops in my White playthrough

I've used Carracosta before but I cant tell if Defeatist would be fun or annoying

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Expect My Mom posted:

hey thread, tell me if I should use carracosta or archeops in my White playthrough

I've used Carracosta before but I cant tell if Defeatist would be fun or annoying

Defeatist would hardly be a problem in single-player. Chances are you'll kill everything before it even has a chance to knock you down to half health.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

It doesn't help that where Matsumoto played Ash as hot blooded and determined, Taylor just came out as whiny and entitled.

That lessens over time but then you get to Advanced Generation and he and May are both main characters played by the same actor and sound way too drat similar.

Natochenny gets a lot of flack but I think she's a better match for Matsumoto's performance.

Yeah, these are my thoughts as well.

Taylor's Ash also goes from way too gravely at first to way too high pitched. But it really doesn't help that she can only do 1.5 voices. (She voices Micaiah from Fire Emblem now and her Micaiah voice is Literally May, Ash's Mom, and Every Other Female Character She Voices.)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I think that third evolution is probably close to the idea of what it'll be. Not that serious looking probably but the idea that it's gonna be based around the Loch Ness Monster

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/shmaba/status/1101333120215908352

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nodosaur posted:

huh

we'll see then

The gen 7 evolutions got leaked super early, but most people thought they were fake:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nodosaur posted:

huh

we'll see then

Nah, I’m not willing to believe they just completely abandon the fact that it is a chameleon after the first stage.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The gen 7 evolutions got leaked super early, but most people thought they were fake:

These are interesting. Despite having used Decidueye throughout Sun, I never realized where its bowstring came from. Clever. I also didn’t know Primarina could stand on its tail.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

No different than Dewott to Samurott

yeah but Dewott isn't a sad little baby bitch cutie pie like Sboopty

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yeah he was only 2/3rds of those words

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I can't believe people exist who hate Decidueye.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Blhue posted:

Yeah he was only 2/3rds of those words

You’re right, Dewott IS a little baby cutie pie!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ariong posted:

Nah, I’m not willing to believe they just completely abandon the fact that it is a chameleon after the first stage.

wuh?

I was responding to the thing about the alolan starters being revealed before release

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nodosaur posted:

wuh?

I was responding to the thing about the alolan starters being revealed before release

Oh whoops, I meant to quote the person posting the new starter evo “leaks.” My bad.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

It's a small shame Incineroar didn't have a level-up move that could do that Asian Mist attack.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/d4ggerfish/status/1100964742263435266

Nobody cares about Grookey or Scorbun's evos

I mean, I understand Grookey, since all he does is get a gun...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sobble is the most mysterious starter out of the three because we sort of have the least to go off of

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It can be hard to guess too since a ton of starters basically gain entirely new themes at stage 2/3. Like tell me you'd predict Greninja comes from Froakie or that Litten turns into a wrasslecat

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Zore posted:

It can be hard to guess too since a ton of starters basically gain entirely new themes at stage 2/3. Like tell me you'd predict Greninja comes from Froakie or that Litten turns into a wrasslecat

This is the big thing. Unless pokemon design direction has suddenly shifted this generation, we've basically got no clue what the second and third stages of the starters look like. It did happen in Gen 5 where previously, the evolutions looked relatively similar to their base forms, just bigger and more aggressive looking, save for exceptions like Torchic, but from Gen 5 and on, the evolutions were a little more distinct from their starters making them decidedly harder to predict. They still had similar shapes, but I don't think anyone would predict Snivy would suddenly lose its limbs to be a snake or Fennekin becomes a wizard. Hell, I was definitely certain that Popplio would become some sort of clown at its final stage instead of an Opera singer, but that's starter evolutions for you.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Plate posted:

I've added you Flopsy, my code is 1907-7994-3889 should be Gnat, IGN: Lumitar. I'd love a shiny Shaymin and the Eevee and Sylveon whenever we manage to trade. I'm online before work for a bit now, and should be around over most of the weekend.

Edit to add: if you get a chance to rename the Sylveon to Brandestoc and the Eevee to Scramasax, that would be awesome, but if not, no worries (just thinking ahead to what theme I'll go with for Pokemon Sword).

I gotcha! Sorry but all those shinies I got off wonder trade so I can't nickname them but I'll set them aside for you.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

It's kinda a hindsight thing but if you look at the leaked images and anyone trying their hands at a fake, they always miss a crucial element. The concept art we got inside of various collections were cleaned up for the general public and did not include the artist's notes about which color to use. Google searching concept art brings up those cleaned up images and that's what people have been faking. It's such a small detail but would be crucial for any kind of development work where they'll be passing the illustrations off to other employees to make 3D models or other illustrations.

Plate
Jul 5, 2006
Love for the rest of us
Fallen Rib

Flopsy posted:

I gotcha! Sorry but all those shinies I got off wonder trade so I can't nickname them but I'll set them aside for you.

No problem, thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Why do people keep drawing Sobble as just a water Grovyle. Have some originality.