Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
man this crap is lame
at least you got a job
:fap:
gently caress YOU OP - GOKU
View Results

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Work's sending me out of state for training next month. My roommate graciously has volunteered to watch my kid while I'm gone, so that's a stress that's gone. Work's sending me with the employee I have weirdness with, which is a new stress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Obsidianheart posted:

Work's sending me out of state for training next month. My roommate graciously has volunteered to watch my kid while I'm gone, so that's a stress that's gone. Work's sending me with the employee I have weirdness with, which is a new stress.

Touching dinguses weirdness?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Literally A Person posted:

Touching dinguses weirdness?

We rubbed our parts together, yes.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Obsidianheart posted:

We rubbed our parts together, yes.

Separate rooms or one room with two beds?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Separate rooms or one room with two beds?

I don't actually have an itinerary yet. I was just notified of this today, along with a long meeting about how I felt about flying, and if I had any credit card fraud in my history. Then we started talking about how I've actually lived in a large city before(the one I'm going to, in fact), unlike most of my coworkers, and the fact that everyone assumed I was 10 years younger until they pulled my file for flight-booking purposes.

Probably separate, though, as that's how it has been on training trips in the past. One time, a coworker went with the head manager, and as soon as they arrived at the hotel, the manager requested a room change to the opposite side of the building as the hourly employee, which didn't see sus at all, let me tell you.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Separate rooms? You're golden, my goon. Same room two beds? Bring some lube. :hai:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My colleagues guilted me into going to work on my last day rather than skip out so I can get a coffee with them and have a nice goodbye. Since yesterday was so hectic. Ugh.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Boss is still playing games with me. Dropped complicated work in my lap that isn’t too bad on my end but is a headache to deal with and won’t be resolved in one day. Maybe she’s just extremely out of touch? But I think it’s a combo of that and absolute pettiness.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

One of my coworkers has always operated in a stressful hell of her own creation in an attempt to performatively martyr herself at every opportunity but it's gotten 10x as worse now that we're interviewing internally to fill a position directly above her. She spends hours loudly bitching about how much work she has to whoever she can trap in her cube, and when she can't do that, she comes by our cubes on thin pretenses to do the same. Also goes on and on about how she's put in the time and deserves the promotion (She's been here less than a year and in the industry for 4 years total, she just means she's 45 and still in an entry level position).

Either she's going to get the promotion and every pretense of personal and professional boundaries will disappear or she won't and she might legitimately break down. This job is all she has going on in her life (no family, friends or hobbies) and she's been putting in 75 hour weeks unprompted and unauthorized (in local government, lol) for the past three months in order to move up. This entire workplace would be so loving chill and productive without her.

Dazerbeams posted:

Boss is still playing games with me. Dropped complicated work in my lap that isn’t too bad on my end but is a headache to deal with and won’t be resolved in one day. Maybe she’s just extremely out of touch? But I think it’s a combo of that and absolute pettiness.

Been following your saga and my sincere sympathies. I'm lucky to have bosses that don't suck.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
God loving damnit!

Edit: Like, seriously! Christ!

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 20, 2019

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’m still not free even though I said my goodbyes and shook hands with my witch boss. She still hasn’t approved my time card yet even though it was submitted yesterday as part of my exit interview. I don’t know how much of an issue this is, but it’s just another sign of how rotten and wretched she is. Is she going to make me burn half a vacation day for skipping out early? Or is she just loving around with me?

She’s also hoping to replace my 6+ years of experience and long term goals of staying in this field with someone who has absolutely no experience and a definite plan to move on in 1-2 years. So lol on that.

Riatsala posted:

Been following your saga and my sincere sympathies. I'm lucky to have bosses that don't suck.

Thanks. I’m moving into a new position at the start of the new year and my future boss is already a world of difference in just the way he emails his people. That and his manager was practically glowing about the job even when she wasn’t talking about him directly gives me hope. I’m getting a promotion and a raise and a chance at respect. What more can anyone ask for?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

snip

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 28, 2021

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Crusty Nutsack posted:

yesterday I had hope in a legal situation, and today things have changed and now there is really none.

someone who is a terrible person will be benefiting from my and my dead boyfriend's hard work, and I will get nothing. there's nothing I can do about it except be very angry at my dead boyfriend. I hate everyone and everything today!

thanks for listening, vent thread

:whitewater:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Ahem...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I gotta sleep on the couch tonight for reasons and my dog is laying on the couch too, like she usually does, and she is absolutely going to town cleaning her rear end in a top hat. It's astonishing just how loud the process is. loving norovirus swept through the house the past couple days so i missed a couple days of work and hadn't slept great, and my poor dog had some sort of allergic reaction or something going on with her teats and b hole, but we couldn't make it to her vet appointment because of a big snowstorm. It's cleared up for the most part, her red swollen nipples and anus, but i think it's still kinda itchy cause holy poo poo she's going tongue bonkers all over her lower extremities. It's really loud and im trying to sleep.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

oh dope posted:

I gotta sleep on the couch tonight for reasons and my dog is laying on the couch too, like she usually does, and she is absolutely going to town cleaning her rear end in a top hat. It's astonishing just how loud the process is. loving norovirus swept through the house the past couple days so i missed a couple days of work and hadn't slept great, and my poor dog had some sort of allergic reaction or something going on with her teats and b hole, but we couldn't make it to her vet appointment because of a big snowstorm. It's cleared up for the most part, her red swollen nipples and anus, but i think it's still kinda itchy cause holy poo poo she's going tongue bonkers all over her lower extremities. It's really loud and im trying to sleep.

I don’t know why this made me laugh so hard but it did.

I just had a super lovely first date. Trying to get any kind of dialogue going was like trying to get blood from a stone. Dating sucks rear end sometimes.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

oh dope posted:

Lmao

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
bicycle got another flat tire after just fixing it a few days ago. :argh:

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I just had a super lovely first date. Trying to get any kind of dialogue going was like trying to get blood from a stone. Dating sucks rear end sometimes.

Yup currently there, it's a wasteland.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Oxphocker posted:

Yup currently there, it's a wasteland.

Part of me wants to complain about all the apps and how they make it easy to decide “well, that was good but maybe if I keep swiping I’ll find better”, but I did meet my last girlfriend on Tinder. It’s all just a pain in the rear end, a lot of first and maybe second dates but nothing more.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Being on day shift while my husband is on night shift fuckin' blows

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm sitting in the parking lot waiting for my son to wake up from his nap so we can go to the zoo. I don't want to wake him up, but I have to pee.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Radirot posted:

Got an unfixable flat and I can’t just buy two tires because my car is AWD. Tread is about half gone, so I either buy a single new tire and have half its tread shaved or replace everything a couple years earlier than I figured.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Found out today that my mom's dog is gonna have to be euthanized in the next few days. He's almost 13, and last year the vet found a big growth on his liver. Given his age (and the cost of surgery/chemo), mom opted not to have anything done. And the little guy came home and was normal as could be.

Then a week ago, he stopped eating his normal portions and coughing. Mom took him to the vet today, and they said it's spread to his lungs and he likely won't make it the next week.

It loving sucks. We had to euthanize the other dog in 2016, like 2 months after my dad died. And while we knew this was coming, it still feels like a kick in the chest. I'm going to my mom's tomorrow to spend an evening with him.

Hug your dogs and cats, goons. :smith:

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE
Working with engineers all day makes me want to die. I am an engineer.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Still lollin about that dog loudly cleaning their butthole and owning oh dope

E: oh poo poo whaddup skypie

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Honky Dong Country posted:

Still lollin about that dog loudly cleaning their butthole and owning oh dope

E: oh poo poo whaddup skypie

Hey bud. Just tryin to make it through the week. We're taking the dog for euthanizing tomorrow afternoon so it'll be a lovely start to the weekend, but it's better than the guy suffering anymore. Plus I really don't want him to die overnight and my mom wake up to a dead dog

Really frustrated over it because I got bombed with messages about taking care of my mom, and this always gets dumped on me cuz everyone else moved away. But nobody ever asks if I'm ok or need something, and I feel like I don't have a chance to grieve when poo poo like this happened because everyone expects me to handle all the fuckin decisions.

It boils up a lot when this stuff happens, and it's been that way since my dad died. I should prob go to a therapist and sort it out, but I always put it on the back burner cuz I get busy

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Skypie posted:

Hey bud. Just tryin to make it through the week. We're taking the dog for euthanizing tomorrow afternoon so it'll be a lovely start to the weekend, but it's better than the guy suffering anymore. Plus I really don't want him to die overnight and my mom wake up to a dead dog

Really frustrated over it because I got bombed with messages about taking care of my mom, and this always gets dumped on me cuz everyone else moved away. But nobody ever asks if I'm ok or need something, and I feel like I don't have a chance to grieve when poo poo like this happened because everyone expects me to handle all the fuckin decisions.

It boils up a lot when this stuff happens, and it's been that way since my dad died. I should prob go to a therapist and sort it out, but I always put it on the back burner cuz I get busy

gently caress dude. Sounds like putting the dog down is the humane call. Hope you do alright. Seriously feel free to hit me up, a stranger on the internet, if you need an ear. If you think a therapist is a good idea though you should do it. Try to focus on taking care of yourself though.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Voluntarily ending a life of another creature you have a connection to - and them having a close connection to you - it's always hard. Ending their life because extending their life could possibly bankrupt you always hurts you even more. If only you had a nice job, better income and more money to spend in order to add a few years to their life... and remember that time is subjective; a year to them is far longer than a year is to you... The other option is forcing them to end their life in complete agony until death.

In those situations I always say that their life in the wild, in the natural habitat would actually be far, far worse. They would have died by now. Let them go, and don't waste time in waiting to adopt a new one because there are always ones out there that need you in order to survive.

But I'm only human - the day I put my pet to sleep and bury their body - holy gently caress do I drink myself crazy.

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 24, 2020

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Radirot posted:

This is an investment every cyclist should make:

https://www.continental-tires.com/bicycle/tires/race-tires/gator-hardshell

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Voluntarily ending a life of another creature you have a connection to - and them having a close connection to you - it's always hard. Ending their life because extending their life could possibly bankrupt you always hurts you even more. If only you had a nice job, better income and more money to spend in order to add a few years to their life... and remember that time is subjective; a year to them is far longer than a year is to you... The other option is forcing them to end their life in complete agony until death.

In those situations I always say that their life in the wild, in the natural habitat would actually be far, far worse. They would have died by now. Let them go, and don't waste time in waiting to adopt a new one because there are always ones out there that need you in order to survive.

But I'm only human - the day I put my pet to sleep and bury their body - holy gently caress do I drink myself crazy.

Yeah even though it's the right call it's not any easier. I think it's worth having pets but inevitably it's gonna get sad when they go.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
I loving hate my managers and my job, so much poo poo falls to me and my co-workers because people don't want to deal with problems themselves, then when we act we get in trouble for doing something outside our job. I've just been stood down because I got pulled away from my job because someone was feeling unwell and possibly needing an ambulance, did I do everything perfect in how I helped that person? No, but I was the only person there who called for the emergency services and tried to help the person. Then I get a call from my supervisor who can't even face me and tells me I've been stood down for what I did and I'm having a meeting the next day. Well I barely make it home without breaking down, contact my union who said "lol no" they needed to actually give me a form spelling out why I've been stood down, and the meeting shouldn't take place within 24hrs of getting the letter. Bouncing between horribly and anxiety wondering if I still have a job.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Whee! I just worked from 3pm-10pm, get less than a full nights sleep by mandate, 4:45am-10am, and then come back from 3-10 again.

The number of shits I do not give about my workplace right now is amazing.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Radirot posted:

if its an option, get extra thick tubes and tire slime. carry a pump. you will never be stranded.

or go foam/non-pneumatic

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My grandma died yesterday and I it's made me realize that with everything I've been through in the past few years my heart is hard and I no longer have the ability to feel pain deeply. It's worrisome.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
but, you know, :lol:

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Week of training in Chicago with a coworker (where there's weirdness between us) is over, and on the one hand we pushed past the weirdness, but on the other hand we pushed past the weirdness by both becoming absolutely livid at discovering how much of the day-to-day operations we're doing completely loving wrong.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Obsidianheart posted:

Week of training in Chicago with a coworker (where there's weirdness between us) is over, and on the one hand we pushed past the weirdness, but on the other hand we pushed past the weirdness by both becoming absolutely livid at discovering how much of the day-to-day operations we're doing completely loving wrong.

Ah, the truest form of bonding a coworker can do.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
gently caress your goddamn roaming deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

My grandma died yesterday and I it's made me realize that with everything I've been through in the past few years my heart is hard and I no longer have the ability to feel pain deeply. It's worrisome.

I'm sorry about your grandma LAP. I hope you have lots of good memories of her and get to share them with your family right now.

and I'd like to suggest maybe seeing a therapist at some point because honestly it's great talking to a neutral third party who won't judge you. it's like so much easier talking to a stranger it's weird lol I speak from very recent experience