Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Rad Valtar posted:

Further proof Bama didn't have a single good win.

Also if Utah wins boy is the committee going to have a hell of a time picking between them and the Big 12 champion. It's going to be fun to watch.

Bama's best win is Tennessee

same record as Aggie but better conference record just go with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Iowa State extended Matt Campbell all the way to 2025. I like it, he's the best coach ISU has had since Earl Bruce in the 70s. It should at least quiet rumors about him ending up somewhere else.

Maybe you’re right. But I’d guess that if the right job comes along he’s going. This just ensures ISU will be paid handsomely when it does.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I'm seeing Virginia and Florida for the Orange Bowl. I hope that sticks. Memphis is a trap game.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Which SEC team is going to the outback bowl?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

colachute posted:

Which SEC team is going to the outback bowl?

I keep seeing Tennessee vs. Minnesota

Graphic shows SEC selection process.

Belk, Gator (Taxslayer), Liberty, Music, Outback, and Texas are all on equal. There isn't really a pecking order other than not having same team in same bowl back-to-back years. It will all be about matchups. Florida replaced Bama for NY6 so now Bama is Citrus

e: Seeing Auburn some too

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 4, 2019

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pro click and scroll just a bit
Mildly :nws:
https://twitter.com/DukeBlueDevils

maybe not for long though

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 4, 2019

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

This was good

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

pillsburysoldier posted:

:thunk:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Piesman voting is open, y'all

https://www.bannersociety.com/2019/12/4/20989410/piesman-trophy-2019-nominees

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

oop

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pillsburysoldier posted:

46 tweets, huh

iospace fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 4, 2019

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Y'all

Tua's talking like he's coming back

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Raku posted:

Y'all

Tua's talking like he's coming back

Oklahoma will need someone after Jalen so this makes sense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

They beat the number 5 team with their 3rd string QB and their only really bad loss is BYU. They're 22 in SP+ too. Is there anyone super egregious who is left out?

They're 22 in the AP that came out earlier this week

I almost don't think BYU is that bad since they have been pretty decent the second half of the season. Although at the time USC lost to them, BYU was pretty terrible so yeah nevermind.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

With Florida jumping PSU, it eliminates the Virginia vs. Penn State matchup I was hoping for in case Wisconsin inexplicably finishes ahead of Penn State. PSU could tumble pretty far in the bowl pecking order.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Minnesota should be ahead of Penn State :colbert:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Rick posted:

I almost don't think BYU is that bad since they have been pretty decent the second half of the season. Although at the time USC lost to them, BYU was pretty terrible so yeah nevermind.

BYU has had a weird-rear end season. Won against Tennessee and USC (caught both of them at a good time, in retrospect), then lost to an unspectacular Toledo and a disastrous USF, then handed Boise its only loss of the season and destroyed a respectable Utah State in back to back weeks, then finished the season by taking a poo poo against SDSU.

I know there was a quarterback injury somewhere in there, but I'm not sure if that explains all of it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MourningView posted:

Didn't he already have one than ran through 2024?

Yea I had to double check, but this is just an extra year into the contract.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

iospace posted:

46 tweets, huh

Obviously someone hijacked a Duke press account and went to a great deal of trouble trying to get the good followers of Duke to understand that the piss tape is real.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

wernox posted:

Obviously someone hijacked a Duke press account and went to a great deal of trouble trying to get the good followers of Duke to understand that the piss tape is real.

Get woke.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

vyst posted:

Oklahoma will need someone after Jalen so this makes sense.

We got Spencer Rattler.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

We got Spencer Rattler.

This is the name of a great college QB who is going to bust hard in the pros.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

We got Spencer Rattler.

If that isn't Kenny Stabler's bastard son, he doesn't have one

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/_zachshaw/status/1202224318954004480

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

Bwahahaha best rivalry in sports!!! XD

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/12/why-sec-gif-guru-lsufreek-disappeared.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

that's actually a kind of sad/touching story

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I liked this, it's relateable.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I hope Alabama loses their bowl game. I want to watch the fabric of Nick Saban get torn apart.

It is my dream. I dream about it.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
I get the feeling that Saban is a good dude.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

cpranger posted:

I get the feeling that Saban is a good dude.

He probably is but I still want bama to overreact and fire him. Not like he'll be out on the streets.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Emron once again easily beats a toxx

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

tactlessbastard posted:

He probably is but I still want bama to overreact and fire him. Not like he'll be out on the streets.

Would it be the funniest overreaction ever?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Also there is no scenario under which Alabama will fire nick Saban. That's idiocy. Guys with kids named "bear" calling finebaum don't run the athletics program. The school isn't going to fire the greatest football coach in modern history and arguably ever because he lost two games and a bowl game.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Emron posted:

Also there is no scenario under which Alabama will fire nick Saban. That's idiocy. Guys with kids named "bear" calling finebaum don't run the athletics program. The school isn't going to fire the greatest football coach in modern history and arguably ever because he lost two games and a bowl game.

What this book presupposes is... maybe they will

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think Saban has probably entered the “Paterno Zone” where the reverence for him becomes self-sustaining and he doesn’t even have to be great anymore. That’s not to say the teams won’t still be great, but even if they decline a bit he’s an institution now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

I think Saban has probably entered the “Paterno Zone” where the reverence for him becomes self-sustaining and he doesn’t even have to be great anymore. That’s not to say the teams won’t still be great, but even if they decline a bit he’s an institution now.

Yeah....no. 12 years isn't 35 or so before Paterno turned in two bad seasons in a row. And Saban hasn't even really turned in one. If he did it was his first.

The comparison makes no sense. Like, do you actually think if Saban went 5-7 next year that the fan base wouldn't be screaming for his head? Let alone Paterno's 3-9 in 2003.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah....no. 12 years isn't 35 or so before Paterno turned in two bad seasons in a row. And Saban hasn't even really turned in one. If he did it was his first.

The comparison makes no sense. Like, do you actually think if Saban went 5-7 next year that the fan base wouldn't be screaming for his head? Let alone Paterno's 3-9 in 2003.

I’m sure you could find the stupidest 100 people on the internet calling for his head, sure, but by and large no.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

I’m sure you could find the stupidest 100 people on the internet calling for his head, sure, but by and large no.

This is where we are now. Not after an actual bad season.

Which for the record I don't ever expect him to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Buddy that poo poo might fly in the big 10 but in the sec it just matters more