Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who's gonna be the X?
Henare
Brody King
"Mad" Mikey Nicholls
Robbie Eagles
other
View Results

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Even Ospreay can't get a good match out of Okada :(

Okada should beat him and win the belt with the money clip, the most devastating move in modern pro wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Looks like Lil' Kazu hasn't learned how to talk yet.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lil kazu stealing christians gimmick

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Okada just looked happy to have been invited

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Benne posted:

I just think it's funny that New Japan crowned a British world champion after like 30 years of WWE people promising they'll be the first British champion and then never doing it.

uhhh Drew was champ for most of the past year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Venomous posted:

uhhh Drew's been champ for most of the past year

Scottish not British :agesilaus:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stall_19 posted:

Okada just looked happy to have been invited

He was probably thinking,"Oh it's just one belt again? Cool I can care about that, guess I'll just turn being God back o-" and then Shingo showed up and his mind went straight back to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhelrTuw9OI&t=12s

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

Even Ospreay can't get a good match out of Okada :(

Highly unfair. Okada and Iino had a great match against Brookes and Kojima.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Well now that he's lost the belt sure

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I am team Henare

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

:mods:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In unrelated news: Milano on camera is almost synced up with the English commentary team :allears:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Have to say, New Japan is really smart about their lovely booking decisions. They most times make sure to pull this poo poo just 4 days after people have just been billed for their World account, so they know people won't cancel because it would be a waste of money they already paid, and they believe by the time the next billing is coming up, people will have watched enough other stuff on World that they'll have forgotten about putting their lovely booking decisions.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

The name United Empire is highly ironic as we no longer have an Empire and in ten years time, we probably won’t have a union either

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I don't think putting the belt on Will is gonna make any noticable difference in NJPW subs

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Germansimp posted:

Have to say, New Japan is really smart about their lovely booking decisions. They most times make sure to pull this poo poo just 4 days after people have just been billed for their World account, so they know people won't cancel because it would be a waste of money they already paid, and they believe by the time the next billing is coming up, people will have watched enough other stuff on World that they'll have forgotten about putting their lovely booking decisions.

Literally right after I did that post, I realized it’s April 4th so my sub just renewed lmao

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Cerebral Bore posted:

Street clothes Kazu is a look.

Yeah, rainmaker should wear suits as much as possible

I hear that Billy Brexit, Willie Osprick, is champion now. Well, he's a young over wrestler, even if he's a prick.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Germansimp posted:

This is me every single goddamn month. Wrestle Kingdom and the G1 are perfectly spaced apart for this to happen permanently

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Venomous posted:

and that is the sound of a hundred NJPW World subs being cancelled at once

Smart move doing this match at the start of the month so they already got everybody's money!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jokes on you guys, I let my NJPW sub lapse for Wrestle Universe before the New Japan Cup.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've been low on NJPW interest for a bit now and I might not cancel my sub because I still like being able to check in on things, but I might need to start giving more attention to Wrestle Universe at this point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

I've been low on NJPW interest for a bit now and I might not cancel my sub because I still like being able to check in on things, but I might need to start giving more attention to Wrestle Universe at this point.

I'm certainly not going to cancel my sub, since I love basically everything else about New Japan APART from who their current Champion is, but I also can't recommend enough that you check out Wrestle Universe. The value for money is kind of insane, you get NOAH, DDT and (most importantly) TJPW all in one place.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

I'm certainly not going to cancel my sub, since I love basically everything else about New Japan APART from who their current Champion is, but I also can't recommend enough that you check out Wrestle Universe. The value for money is kind of insane, you get NOAH, DDT and (most importantly) TJPW all in one place.

I subbed last month and have picked at a few TJPW and DDT shows but not a ton. It's a little more cumbersome since there's no app I can use on my TV, but I can at least send the Firefox tab from my laptop/ phone to my Firestick which is super handy.

I really just need to get into the mindset of paying attention to the schedules at this point.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I'm still pretty invested in whatever Jay and Tana are doing, so that enough is holding me on.

Want something for Despy though

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Despy is gonna be feuding with YOH.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Rarity posted:

Yep, as Gordon Ramsay said: "When I get Michelin Stars, i'm British. When I gently caress up, i'm Scottish."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I subbed last month and have picked at a few TJPW and DDT shows but not a ton. It's a little more cumbersome since there's no app I can use on my TV, but I can at least send the Firefox tab from my laptop/ phone to my Firestick which is super handy.

I really just need to get into the mindset of paying attention to the schedules at this point.

There's going to be a bunch of their shows dropping tomorrow and Wednesday on Wrestle Universe. Saturday's TJPW and DDT shows from Itabashi Green Hall tomorrow, then Sundays TJPW and BOYZ shows on Wednesday, then the Ganbare "Bad Education" show live on Wednesday morning.