Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jose posted:

he's gone lol

Wonder if this is in response to Chelsea being after pochettino. Either way: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Honestly didn't think another sack was possible. Do you guys think it's over or we got one more sack in us?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If Leicester go down then I think we will see a sacking

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ulio posted:

Honestly didn't think another sack was possible. Do you guys think it's over or we got one more sack in us?

If Steve Cooper didn’t somehow get an extension he’d be as good as gone if Forest go down

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

St James Park Life

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't like this 'club update from Daniel' I'm not his loving mate

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

the sex ghost posted:

Wonder if this is in response to Chelsea being after pochettino. Either way: lol

Definitely because he is poo poo at managing a football team. Only prior head coach experience was lasting less than 6 months at a Serie C team lol. Get him in a premier League club to save some money. Oh wait now they are giving Ryan Mason the job again.

Oh Daniel

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I've never seen a caretaker get the sack from caretaking before

to dare is to do

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the sex ghost posted:

i hope so

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/1650561244057804800

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol if Poch is actually good at Chelsea

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Thanks Ants posted:

he wont

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

i would really not enjoy this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

if he's successful and whoever spurs hire next is a disaster will be very funny to see if levy finally gets sacked. he's the longest reigning chairman in the league

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Even if these things happen, Levy owns like 30% of ENIC so he isn't going anywhere.

Board seems to have already decided against Pochettino, lots of talk of Nagelsmann again - so I look forward to welcoming Brendan Rodgers / Ralf Hassenhutl at the end of June

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get Potter to do it

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ulio posted:

*banging forks on table*

SACKS SACKS SACKS SACKS

give me all the sacks

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Please don't do this!!!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I've never seen a caretaker get the sack from caretaking before

to dare is to do

Didn't Chelsea effectively do it to the guy who did 2 games before Lampard whose name I have literally already forgotten but am assuming to be "Geoff".

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
bruno saltor vinegar

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dudley posted:

Didn't Chelsea effectively do it to the guy who did 2 games before Lampard whose name I have literally already forgotten but am assuming to be "Geoff".

a caretaker shalt be distinct from an interim, save for when an interim is simply a caretaker

so states the big book of barry fry

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

the sex ghost posted:

Don't like this 'club update from Daniel' I'm not his loving mate

I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
And I can see Daniel waving goodbye

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Even if these things happen, Levy owns like 30% of ENIC so he isn't going anywhere.

Board seems to have already decided against Pochettino, lots of talk of Nagelsmann again - so I look forward to welcoming Brendan Rodgers / Ralf Hassenhutl at the end of June

Did Levy ever make any promises to Conte? I would think after the Modric and Kane sagas that people should know what a non-written promise from Daniel Levy is worth.

Anyway, I'm reading that Nagelsmann has been looking for "assurances" and I'm just wondering if we're going to see another unfortunate dreamer diving into one of the most thankless jobs in the sport.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/julian-nagelsmann-tottenham-manager-search-news-b2325860.html

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 25, 2023

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FullLeatherJacket posted:

a caretaker shalt be distinct from an interim, save for when an interim is simply a caretaker

so states the big book of barry fry

I thought he was supposed to be caretaker but then who even the gently caress knows at Chelsea. Or Spurs. Or Watford. Or...

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Nagelsmann has a huge ego and is also a bit thick so I see him taking the chelsea job

edit: he's also massively overrated and unlikeable, so it's a perfect for chelsea and i hope he goes there

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Didn't he already turn them down?

Probably asked for unacceptable conditions like "competence" and "Players names being run past him before they spend £75m on another random midfielder".

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He did, all signs are pointing to Poch at Chelsea

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I think Poch and Nagelsman will be both fine but so were Tuchel and Conte. Tuchel got sacked so early despite being 6th in the league at the time, seems like Boehly didn't like him. Nagelsman went skiing and pissed off Oliver Khan? They were doing well in all competition until they sacked him now Dortmund might win the league lol. Also Spurs had a bunch of draws and Conte was boring but he was still getting pts here there. They did beat Man city.

Only Crystal Palace benefited from a sacking by hiring a proper English manager like Roy Hodgson.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Villa did phenomenally well by ditching Gerrard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Chelsea hired 2 English managers and are now at risk of relegation

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They cancelled each other out

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm three managers behind on the manager graveyard. Will be using 'how am I doing boss' for Brendan but open to suggestions for immortalising potter and stellini

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Thanks Ants posted:

Villa did phenomenally well by ditching Gerrard

The turnaround under Emery is pretty incredible, they were awful under Stevie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

I'm three managers behind on the manager graveyard. Will be using 'how am I doing boss' for Brendan but open to suggestions for immortalising potter and stellini

maybe this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

With pochettino supposedly close to spurs are we going to get to see fat frank sacked twice in one season

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He'd be a fool to take the job before the end of the season

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/jpercytelegraph/status/1652994645658329088?s=46&t=H3Sb6azR2C6xsKWhQLRvOw

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
James Milner boyhood club player/manager imo

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://theathletic.com/4478539/2023/05/01/leeds-sam-allardyce-considering/
Leeds United strongly considering Sam Allardyce appointment with Javi Gracia’s future uncertain

Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ulio posted:

Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
they'll be drinking pints of wine in the streets of Leeds tonight