Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
If Reece James were fit he would have kept Mbappe in his pocket and set up the winning goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If Pickford had longer arms

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Chilwell would have been a good alternative to Shaw too, pity he got injured. Or whatever, play Trippier there. That experiment wasn't a total failure. Wingbacks are such a central part of the modern game that it feels nuts to play any purely defensive player in either positions.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If Harry Kane hadn't failed to rise to the occasion at every moment in his career when there's a chance at silverware

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Kane should have moved to a club with actual pressure to win things then maybe he wouldn't have been such a fail idiot

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
Kane was pretty good this tournament I thought. Can't blame losing this match on one comedy penalty. With some better competition at centre-back you'd have a really decent squad

I have to post that through gritted teeth because I kind of hate harry kane and think he's been largely awful at like every other england tournament

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Paperhouse posted:

I think we'd have done Argentina tbh. France will win the tournament, this was the real final

100%

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It is unbelievable to be completely relying on a Spurs player to deliver in the biggest moments.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Paperhouse posted:

I think we'd have done Argentina tbh. France will win the tournament, this was the real final

:wrong:

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
I don’t think I’ll be able to eat a Croissant for quite a while after this.

Gutted.

nines
Aug 13, 2007
I'd take Graham Potter at England but otherwise I think we should keep gareth

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

you don’t need to be in a final to be in a final but england were in a final

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

you don’t need to be in a final to be in a final but england were in a final

Lots of people are seeing the result and saying "finally" this is true

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

The Media goes full embarrassing 'German bombers' mode and Beckham starts sniffing round and suddenly it all goes to pot. coincidence? I think not.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Mainwaring posted:

Play that game 10 times and England win 7-8. Unlike the Italy and Croatia losses they were the superior team and did us proud

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Southgate out

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Imagine Bielsa with this team phwoar

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hegay posted:

I’m rubbing my thighs thinking about the PowerPoint presentations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Barry Shitpeas posted:

If Reece James were fit he would have kept Mbappe in his pocket and set up the winning goal

big agree

Oibignose posted:

I don’t think I’ll be able to eat a Croissant for quite a while after this.

Gutted.

hearing word that the Argentineans have sweet little croissants they called "medialunas", if you can face the South Americans

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Vegetable posted:

There just has to be some alternative to Kane. It's so one-dimensional up front, especially when the team is behind and chasing a game.

Hmm i wonder who

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
luis enrique is probably the best available manager whos shown a willingness to do international teams?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I dunno if the FA is keen to go international again yet. They took so much poo poo for it last time and things on the social media outrage front have only worsened since then.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hegay posted:

he's a massive fraud & weird communist, the forums would love him haha

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

international managers are cool imo, it's like in the 18th-19th century when if your army was poo poo you'd hire some spare guys from a neutral country to run it, sometimes on the run from their own government

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

African AIDS cum posted:

he's a massive fraud & weird communist, the forums would love him haha

collectivize the cups imo

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It's not our fault we burn through our creativity before any other country plays it.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

mauricio pochettino

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

or big sam

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
tactics tim imo

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Paperhouse posted:

Whatever helps you sleep at night

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

finally arry’s time to shine

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
gently caress it, el tel round 2

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

I feel this is the best England team performance I can remember, not only in player skill but also cohesiveness - they actually all seemed to get on well and like playing together which is such a change from literally any other England period in my lifetime.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

sticksy posted:

Arsene Wenger for England manager

Up pops Mikel Arteta.

Paperhouse posted:

Actually, you'll see by the schedule it wasn't.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Herve Renard

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

vyelkin posted:

Herve Renard

:hmmyes:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Herve Renard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Looke posted:

or big sam

it's too late to turn to big sam, england are already relegated from the nations league