Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Yeah I listened to almost the whole thing at work this morning. I love it.

Surprised how many great songs I missed when they were posted, that Slavoj Zizec one is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

My family has been putting up with, and even enjoying goon Christmases music. Robot Jesus, A Google Pronunciation Guy and c h r i s t m a s time! Are some favourites.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Well, it looks like next year we need a Last Christmas parody about its author dying ON loving CHRISTMAS! Fuckity ding dong, 2016, you make me glad I have zero musical talent.

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001

ManiacClown posted:

Well, it looks like next year we need a Last Christmas parody about its author dying ON loving CHRISTMAS! Fuckity ding dong, 2016, you make me glad I have zero musical talent.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
The very same day you tore it away
Fuuuuuck Twooooo Thousaaand
Sixteeeeeeen.

DeathTongue fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 26, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DeathTongue posted:

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
The very same day you tore it away
Fuuuuuck Twooooo Thousaaand
Sixteeeeeeen.

"... it took away everyone special."

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

The General posted:

This is the best thing anybody has ever done for Christmas ever.

Edit: I'm not King Lou, but this track is top 5.

Thanks! I think you're the only person in the thread to comment on it. :D

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

King Lou posted:

Thanks! I think you're the only person in the thread to comment on it. :D

Comment on Bsam's musical filibuster? A bunch of others have.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

BSam posted:

my track is under the tree!!!

BSam I promise you I will listen to this every xmas for as long as mp3s exist and I'm already singing along to parts of it. It's my new xmas tradition. This is truly a gift you've given us.

Also "Once in a While" totally counts but I forgive you. :3:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Comment on Bsam's musical filibuster? A bunch of others have.

Comment on how their not King Lou.

Belteshazzar
Oct 4, 2004

我が生涯に
一片の悔い無し
As usual, the whole shebang has been uploaded to GBS-FM for your listening displeasure: http://gbs.fm/search?query=Something+Awful+Christmas+2016

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Belteshazzar posted:

As usual, the whole shebang has been uploaded to GBS-FM for your listening displeasure: http://gbs.fm/search?query=Something+Awful+Christmas+2016

Well, not exactly. I didn't do the .wavs and the .m4as because gently caress that poo poo, I ain't converting them.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Track order, in images (the ID3 tags should sort them all automatically)

http://imgur.com/a/QdqMO (the gallery link)

Disc 1

Disc 2

Disc 3

Disc 4

Disc 5

Once again, here's the download link for the albums:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3dA6m7Ik-nzcmVxaGdSRTY2ZEk

Edit: Hey King Lou, any chance of getting a top 5 or 10?

what does it mean when songs have a heart next to them

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Those are obviously the best tracks :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Doctor Dogballs posted:

It's where my mouse cursor was while I was taking a screenshit, except the cursor disappeared.

I would have hearted all of them.

Ninja edit: no, gently caress it, leaving that typo because it makes me laugh. I am a child.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Can't stop listening to Christmas Slam Dunk.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

basically all I did was listening to a phone call for nearly 4 minutes ! with music in the background.. music was good, but still kinda weird

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Just want to say this years album is probably the best one so far.

And thank you everyone for the love for disk 5. I was relistening to it and it's just so dumb it might be my favourite thing I've ever done.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BSam posted:

Just want to say this years album is probably the best one so far.

And thank you everyone for the love for disk 5. I was relistening to it and it's just so dumb it might be my favourite thing I've ever done.

Never stop.

Also, ETA for me archiving the whole thing is probably the first two weeks of January. I'll keep you all posted, but if this thread gets archived or something before then (I never know when they do that, ir what causes it to be done), I'll be putting it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/robot_cousin

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Never stop.

Also, ETA for me archiving the whole thing is probably the first two weeks of January. I'll keep you all posted, but if this thread gets archived or something before then (I never know when they do that, ir what causes it to be done), I'll be putting it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/robot_cousin

I think it varies by subforum but usually threads are automatically archived after some number of months of zero posts unless it gets sent to the goldmine / gas chamber.

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Any chance this is going to be put on the band camp page?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rudest Buddhist posted:

Any chance this is going to be put on the band camp page?

That is up to Mr Rossi, actually.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Actually, I'm curious... is anyone planning on putting this year's album up on Youtube?

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

Actually, I'm curious... is anyone planning on putting this year's album up on Youtube?

I was planning on it, once I get back to a place with a reliable connection.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

did this happen, is this streamable?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BSam posted:

did this happen, is this streamable?

Still working on it, but my upload would be more archival in nature, not streamable but downloadable. My Rossi is the one looking after saxmas.bandcamp.com

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Still working on it, but my upload would be more archival in nature, not streamable but downloadable. My Rossi is the one looking after saxmas.bandcamp.com

We need a better alternative than bandcamp unfortunately. Everytime the download limit gets hit (which is easier now, before I think an album download "cost" one free download, now it costs as many as there are tracks in the album) all the prices get forcibly set to cost money instead of being free. And there's no way to do batch changes, I'd need to do them all individually. I even contacted their help team and just got a "That's just how it is, maybe that feature will be added later" which is just insane. How could you not have that as a base feature?

I'm willing to do the grunt work, I just need to get pointed in the right direction.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

JossiRossi posted:

We need a better alternative than bandcamp unfortunately. Everytime the download limit gets hit (which is easier now, before I think an album download "cost" one free download, now it costs as many as there are tracks in the album) all the prices get forcibly set to cost money instead of being free. And there's no way to do batch changes, I'd need to do them all individually. I even contacted their help team and just got a "That's just how it is, maybe that feature will be added later" which is just insane. How could you not have that as a base feature?

I'm willing to do the grunt work, I just need to get pointed in the right direction.

drat, that really sucks :( Well, sometime soonish, I'll be making sure that all of the albums are able to be found on saxmas.robotcousin.com (doesn't exist yet, unfortunately). Until then, I'd normally suggest tindeck, but that could go down at literally any moment, so I don't know what other options there are. Soundcloud only allows for a certain amount of time, so unless a separate artist profile is created for each album, you'd have to be a 'pro' user to get everything up there.

EDIT: Youtube only works when copyright isn't involved, otherwise the tracks get muted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
I did get all of the albums (sans 2009 and 2015, which were already uploaded by Bryan Loiuju and my cat is norris, respectively) up on Youtube. Out of all the albums, only 2 songs (Bushwhacked's "Powerful Time of Year" from 2011 and Gary Wu's "Reindeers eat our Face (Hotel Santa)" from 2013) couldn't be uploaded due to muting. (The rest were just monetized.) Hopefully, it stays that way.

2009 #1
2009 #2
2010 #1
2010 #2

• Locked thread